Crafter Of The Year Event

Who Do you Think Deserves The Crafter of The Year Event?

• ChrisClassics

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • SparkleA

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Parker3232

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Koalition

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • MariChally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jmarti07

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Katt_tail

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • PinkSpiral

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kat

flower girl
Donator
It’s not “insignificant” or “silly”. If someone feels that someone or something is prejudice against them because of their gender, race, orientation, etc, then it shouldn’t be thought of as “silly”. To that person, or people, it is significant. I understand that “man” can be used to mean mankind, however since this award is recognizing one individual or person, it seems more appropriate to make a simple change to “Person”. Also, you used the male pronoun “he” in the format for nomination instead of a neutral pronoun or “he/she”. Even Time magazine, who used to have a Man of the Year award changed it to Person of the Year, because of the issue of sexism. So, I, among others, still believe this should be changed.
I completely agree with this and ask that it be changed to "Person" instead of "Man", please and thank you. You got my vote Sparks!

iSharkk

An Apple Product
Donator
Ya know I was almost finished typing up a long reply to these answers, but looking back at it, I think it would be beneficial for me to let it go. I'm very sorry for offending anyone. The 'silly' comment was unnecessary and I see how it could offend people. The insignificant comment had some truth to it because it was insignificant in comparison to the original post. I would never try to purposefully offend someone for no reason. I will stop arguing so this thread doesn't get locked. I'm sorry and Happy New Year.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
Ok how 'bout this, you all zip your mouth and nominate people!! Extremely Simple and the mankind, man thing is getting really annoying!!

sparkleA

Citizen
It's also "extremely simple" to respect the opinions of lots of people and the discrimination some women are feeling about this post, and just change it. But that's not happening, so why should this? I've given what I believe are good points as to this argument, so I'm not just going to "zip [my] mouth". I'm going to fight for this. It may seem like a trivial thing, but it's not. I believe this title is sexist, so I'm going to disagree with it, and I have legitimate reasons to think so.

Reactions: Kat

Kat

flower girl
Donator
It's also "extremely simple" to respect the opinions of lots of people and the discrimination some women are feeling about this post, and just change it. But that's not happening, so why should this? I've given what I believe are good points as to this argument, so I'm not just going to "zip [my] mouth". I'm going to fight for this. It may seem like a trivial thing, but it's not. I believe this title is sexist, so I'm going to disagree with it, and I have legitimate reasons to think so.
She has extremely legitimate points and I don't think your responses should be "stop talking about it" or "lets move past this", your response should be "yeah sure, it can be changed to 'Person' of the year' " Because it's just that simple.

PinkSpiral

ex Mod + DoE Minister
Donator
-in-game name: PinkSpiral
-nominee: katt_tail
-something nice he did for you (or someone else): She is a wonderful inspiration, and a great friend.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
-in-game name: Katt_tail
-nominee: PinkSpiral
-something nice he/she did for you (or someone else): She helped me feel secure in running for MP and is also an all around joy to be around, I'm glad we got two more girls in Parliament, she has shown great intelligence and is also a great friend.

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
I think it’s a lot easier just to do “Person” or “Player”. If you do “WoMan” it can cause confusion, whereas “Person” is simple, and makes sense. Take a tip from Time magazine, who used to have a Man of the Year award, and changed it to Person of the Year.

As to why WoMan is difficult, I would say it’s because it can cause confusion, while Person is easy to understand. Everyone knows what a person is, but some people could think WoMan was just capitalized wrong.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
The name is not "sexist", it doesn't express hate or discrimination against a person or group of people for the reason of their gender, however it is not very gender-inclusive and everyone would appreciate Player of the Year more.