In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CRIMINAL ACTION
Date: 04/06/23

The Republic of Stratham
Assistant Attorney General Irongolem_lawyer

v.

pet_blobfish

I. Description of Case
The Office of the Attorney General brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant: The Defendant, who was a minister, rioted, killed the PM (now former PM), attempted and incited others §to kill other ministers and MPs, and leaked the location of the PM (now former PM)’s safe house; all in an attempt to overthrow the elected government.

II. Parties
1. pet_blobfish
2. LilSumoVert
3. Ryan_88
4. Queenuchu
5. Poemhunter
6. Mikichu

III. Sequence of Events
  1. The PM (now former PM) joined the game after receiving the news of a riot to declare a State of Emergency​
  2. The PM (now former PM) took the bus to the capital
  3. He was murdered by the defendant, as soon as he reached the Capitol
  4. The PM (now former PM) was taken to a safe house in Covington
  5. The defendant incited the rioters to kill senior government officials and leaked the safe house location to the rioters
  6. The PM (now former PM) left the safe house to assist the officers, who were being overwhelmed, at the Capital
  7. The PM (now former PM) secured the Ministers and MPs inside the Capital
  8. Executive Order 37 was issued
  9. The rioters were arrested in accordance with Executive Order 37

IV. Charges
1. 1 count of Treason (TSTS Act)

V. Sentencing
  1. Removal from public office
  2. Bar from holding any public position for 3 months
  3. 15,000kr fine
  4. 30 minutes in jail

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• pet_1.png
    pet_1.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 51
  • pet_2.png
    pet_2.png
    7 KB · Views: 46
  • pet_3.png
    pet_3.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 44
  • pet_4.png
    pet_4.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 48

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

@_pet_blobfish_ is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @_pet_blobfish_ , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Cooleagles Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,
Thank you for marking yourself present. Please use your remaining 48 hours to present either an answer to the complaint or a motion to dismiss.
If you are in need of council, please let the court know and we will see that council is supplied.

That is all,
Thank You

P. Hunter

Department of Internal Development
Department of Construction
Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Constructor
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 04/08/23
UK Time

The Republic of Stratham

v.

Pet_blobfish

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
1. The State has brought this criminal charge to a member of the community called Pet_blobfish but in the evidence the listed potential accused is Pet_salmonfish.
2. The state listed a charge that has not actually specified crime other than referencing an act of 8 different definitions.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Last edited:

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,
As much as I wish to just dismiss argument 1, I will play ball a little bit for the Defense's sake. I ask that the prosecution please provide proof that Pet_blobfish and Pet_salmonfish are the same person

In addition to this, I ask that they respond to the second point of the Defense's MTD.

The Prosecution has 48 hours to do so.

That is all,
Thank You

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
RESPONSE TO MOTION
Date: 10/04/23

I. pet_blobfish uses both names interchangeably, as shown in the following screenshot image.png

II. The Prosecution is charging the defendant with Treason, the TSTS provides the crime of treason with various definition. Additionally, the Prosecution already stated in the case description that the defendant allegedly attempted to overthrow the government;
I. Description of Case
The Office of the Attorney General brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant: The Defendant, who was a minister, rioted, killed the PM (now former PM), attempted and incited others §to kill other ministers and MPs, and leaked the location of the PM (now former PM)’s safe house; all in an attempt to overthrow the elected government.
Which is one of the definitions for treason provided by the TSTS:
(1) Attempting to overthrow the elected government of the Republic of Stratham via means outside the law.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The court has decided to overrule the motion to dismiss.
The Defense now has 48 hours to respond with an Answer to the Complaint and their pleading.

If there are any questions feel free to ask.
That is all,
Thank You

P. Hunter

Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Constructor
Your Honour,

I am travelling back from London I won’t be home to later this evening if I may ask to have an extension period incase I don’t have time to review the case and take correct measurements.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,
The Defense will get an extra 24 hours. The Court expects a response by Thursday afternoon EST.

If there are any questions feel free to ask.
That is all,
Thank You

P. Hunter

Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Constructor
Your Honour,

The defence has the complaint form ready to post however a recent discovery has led to another class action that could affect this case and as this case be put on hold until after the resolution of HunterHo LLP v The Office of Attorney General

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

After reviewing this new case, I do believe it is best to halt this case until the conclusion of HunterHo LLP v The Office of Attorney General. Therefore, please consider this case on hold.

That is all,
Thank You

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
Good afternoon Your Honor,
HunterHo LLP v. The Office of the AG has been settled. We request that this case continues forward.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Court asks that the Defense, @_pet_blobfish_ have their answer to the complaint up by this time tomorrow, or the court will move on to opening statements and witness testimonials.

That is all,
Thank You

P. Hunter

Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Constructor
Your Honour, sorry I have been travelling due to IRL work and having be able to get on. I should be back late afternoon and have a reply by the later evening

P. Hunter

Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Constructor
Your Honour, I just got home a lot later than expected. it's currently gone midnight and I have work early so if ok with the court may I make my response tomorrow afternoon/evening

P. Hunter

Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Constructor
ANSWER TO CRIMINAL ACTION
Date: 04/07/23​

The Republic of Stratham

v.

Pet_blobfish [ Represented by Poemhunter Managing Partner of HunterHo LLP ]

I. Pleading
I, Pet_blobfish, plead Not Guilty to the accusations brought forth by the State.

II. Arguments
1. In the states opening paragraph they list a multitude of grounds to which they have accused the defendant off while in game during the said events. They alleged that the defendant rioted at the capital, however from the start this was started as a peaceful protest against the harsh and unjust taxes being forced upon the people by the government of the time. Any democratic democracy, especially looking to a country as of our current time have its citizen protesting when there government threatens there way of life. It was also listed the defendant incited to kill other Ministers and Members of Parliament. In the evidence provided by the State two screenshots can only slightly be applicable to what the state claims. The first as quoted “kill dem all” and the second “surround it and murder” these are broad and unspecified threats that could be directed at anyone not as the state puts it directed solely to the Ministers and the Mps. To note the DoJ as a building is referenced by the defendant however not listed is the who and considering the security measures of the said building any act of violence is impossible. The other two screen shots have no relevance what so ever to any treason charge as one simply gives directions and the other is doing what protestors do which is cause a bit of a disturbance.

2. The defense will not argue that the defendant did play part into the demise of the former prime minister however the events leading to the action taken by the defendant are not cleared to any amount. Its well know that the former prime minister had a record of killing sprees and maybe as leader of the nation who should have been nowhere near the riots but instead safely in a bunker maybe went a big gun ho and started the physical elements of the protest against his government's extreme tax measures. Its also noted in the states sequence of events that the Pm joined because he was notified of a riot and went straight there which could prove that instead of calming citizens he only went to assist in causing an increase to any of the activity on that day. Its noted the Defendant leaked classified safehouses locations yet the state provides no evidence of such. Its also noted the PM went back to the front lines and brought Ministers and MPs right to the danger by securing them in the capital where the supposed riots was taken place. This amounts to the lack of leadership and serve security break more than a treason charge.

3. In the charges section the state list the 1 count of the Treason TSTS Act, this act has 8 different definitions of treason and none are pertaining to the defenses actions.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Prosecution now has 48 hours to present their opening statement. Following that post, the Defense's 48 hours will then promptly begin to post their opening statement.

If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to ask.

That is all,
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.