Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
1. I am unsure as to how this question is relevant to my WITNESS statement. I can only comment on what happened.

2. Please see my answer above

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
9. In regards to question 7. I wasn't asking you if that was relevant or not. I was asking if YOU know of any law that allows a Member of Parliament to act out the speakers powers. You seem convinced that the defendant was in the right so please answer this question.

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
I am not a judge, and neither are you. I do not believe it is of your position to make demands of a witness.

I stand by my reply to statement. I am here to provide a witness account. Not to comment on law or legalities. That is up to the judge.

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Let me make it simple.

10. Do you know what the constitution is?

11. If I told you to find a law, would you know where to look?

12. Are you a former judge and lawyer?

13. With these factors in mind, would you not consider yourself to be able to determine whether something is written in law or not?

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your honour,

@Cooleagles2005 the questions being asked bare little relevance to cross examination of a witness testimony. I refuse to answer. As a former judge and a current lawyer. I know it is within my right.

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Your honor,

The questions I ask are quite relevant. I am not asking for an opinion a judge would give, I am asking for his knowledge as a lawyer and a DoJ Minister. I ask that you compel him to answer.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

Firstly, may I remind all parties of the court to please watch their temper and speak respectfully to one another. Next time someone steps out of line I will hold them in contempt of court.

Secondly, as a former Judge and lawyer, I would think the witness knows what their duties are in this courtroom. Which is to answer the questions of each party. There is nothing, to my knowledge, that allows for a witness to refuse to answer a question. If the question raises eyebrows, it is the job of the opposing counsel to object and argue against it, not the job of the witness. Even if there was an option for a witness to refuse to answer a question, that would most likely fall under cases of self-incrimination.

Thirdly, this is beginning to enter the region of expert testimony, which we have never had to establish in this court. Counsel is asking for the witness to give testimony about a specific field based on the knowledge they have in that field. A witness themselves can only do this to some degree. That degree solely being whether or not it is within their rationally based perception. For example (a poor one at that but nonetheless), if a lawyer were to ask if the sky is blue, a witness could use their rationally based perception, a common characterization, and say yes. If a lawyer asked why the sky is blue. Well, there might be a common understanding that it is because of light; however, for a deeper response, you may need a scientist or physicist to answer. Someone who has a good or expert understanding of the field. To establish such expert witness, it is to my understanding, that counsel must show that the witness has some form of education, skill, experience, etc. to the court. They then must move to make the witness an expert through motion. Opposing counsel will offer their objections and concerns with the motion. The court will rule. As an expert, they will be allowed to give their professional opinion on the topic on which they are an expert.

So if counsel is to continue this line of questioning, in which the witness must answer unless the Defense's counsel objects. They are to do one of two things. One, ask a question that is within the witness's rationally based perception. If opposing counsel feels that it is not, they can object. Or two, via the steps listed above, move to make the witness an expert in the field of law. In which they then can offer their professional opinion about a specific law or law in general. For this case, I would ask counsel to please state that they want to make the witness an expert and instead of the actual procedure, I will opt for a sidebar to discuss with both lawyers. This is to avoid a lengthy procedure in an already lengthy trial.

Summary: This has been a lot of information so I want to make sure we are clear on this.
The witness must answer all questions. If a question raises eyebrows, it is the job of opposing counsel to object. This is not anyone else's responsibility. Especially, when objections are not set. they have a lot of free reign to push for certain objections, they are more than allowed to do so.
2. If counsel is to ask this line of questioning, they must ask questions within the witnesses' rationally based perception, or move to make them an expert. If they do choose to make the witness an expert, they are to say so and we will have a quick sidebar (basically both lawyers and myself will go into a dm) and we will discuss how to proceed.

I ask that the counsel reask any questions they may have. We will start right off after question 6, going right into question 7 and on.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
That is all,
Thank You

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Alright, lets start over.

7. Because Supersuperking was only a Member of Parliament at the time, do you know of any word in the law that allows a Member of Parliament to act out the speakers powers?

8. With all this in mind, Supersuperking was not allowed to initiate a VONC, do you agree?

Last edited:

bharatj

Staff member
Member of Parliament
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
MemberOfParliament
Objection, Your Honor. Zeke is asking for expert witness testimony without the court classifying Ted as an expert witness.

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Your honor, it doesn't take an expert to read a law. Not every MP is a lawyer or an expert, yet they can still write laws. Thus, I am just asking for basic knowledge from Ted.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I am going to overrule the objection; however, I warn the plaintiff to watch the path they take. Questions regarding interpreting the law and a deeper understanding of law begin to cross the path of expert testimony. Opposing counsel still has to object to said questions though.

So the witness may answer the questions, but the court asks the plaintiff to be cautious.

That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Actually, my apologies, I think I am going to strike question 8 solely because after rethinking I believe it does ask for slight interpretation/understanding of law.

Essentially what counsel is asking, or what they appear to be asking, is the following. Does a law about XYZ exist? And then, whether it does or not, because of that, does that mean ABC is true? There, counsel is asking the witness to not only identify whether a law exists or not. Which any individual could do as everyone has access to all of our laws via the forums or Federal Code Document. What crosses the line, however, is having the witness make a conclusion based on that law. That I believe requires someone with more experience in law to make a fair conclusion. Additionally, I feel there is another issue to debate about that question; however, counsel has not objected to it, so I will leave it off the record.

Please note that I am not saying the witness is unqualified to make such a decision or conclusion. They just have not been presented in the court as an expert witness, someone who could/would make that decision or conclusion.

So the witness may answer Question 7 only, 8 is not to be answered.

That is all,
Thank You

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
7. This comes down to interpretation of the law. Certain acts passed that are not necessarily in the constitution may allow this.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I think the witness answered the question well enough. Additionally, this is not my cross-examination counsel. It is your responsibility to control and get answers out of your witness, not mine or anybody else's.

Plaintiff's Counsel may proceed with their cross.

That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I have reached out to the Defense to see if they wish to present any redirect. I will give them another 24 hours from now to respond. If they choose to redirect, we will move forward with that. If they choose not to or their time runs out, we will move to the Plaintiff's Closing Statement, which the court asks that the Plaintiff please have prepared.

That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Defense has requested another 24 hours, which means we most likely will go to the round of redirect and recross, so be prepared for that. I still do require that by the end of the 24 hours, the Defense answer whether or not they wish to go to redirect. After 24 hours, I will not offer any more time.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.
That is all,
Thank You

bharatj

Staff member
Member of Parliament
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
MemberOfParliament
1. Has there been any other instance of Unity delegating powers to you?

2. Have you delegated Speaker powers to the DSoP, while you were in the speaker position? If so, how did you make it known that the powers were being delegated?

3. Would you say that seen as the Speaker is responsible for proceeding with VoNCs, abuse could be created there where the speaker can block his/her own removal?

4. When Unity gave out warning points, did he give out warning points to all MPs or were they directed towards those who voted in favor of the VoNC?

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Your honor, I would like to request to put this case on hold. I am leaving tomorrow and I will have no internet access until the 25th. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.