xLayzur's Election Post - June 2021

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
xLayzur for MP
"Education and morals make the good man, the statesman, the good ruler. - Aristotle"

Why am I here?
I am sure this is a surprise for many to see me back. I'll keep this quick and simple. After my resignation during the 22nd term due to lots of IRL issues, I've learned and reflected on a lot during my break. I was still around doing minor tasks for BC behind scenes aka the marketing team. I was still around in the shadows watching what's happening and just observing. I know I didn't do everything correctly or reacted to things correctly but not everyone is perfect when it comes to handling certain situations. I had a lot on my shoulders, so with the observations made and lessons learned. I'd like to become with a refreshed mindset and positive vibes.

Accomplishments as a Statesman

I have done a lot over time in this political field. Starting the movement to get a constitution created, staying on top of cabinet members, communicating with every government official to maintain an active and excellent working government.

Bills Passed Over All Terms
Plans for the 23rd Term
  • Only be an MP
  • Create a budgeting process for the cabinet and for parliament to approve.
  • Form government committees that oversee certain tasks, a Minister would chair and MPs would represent
  • Create political positions for those wanting to get into the political field without becoming an MP or Minister. (small jobs for parliament)
  • Work with DoE to form more jobs
  • Expand on ideas proposed by citizens and others

Gabi

Department of Agriculture
Department of State
Department of Public Affairs
Gabi__
Gabi__
SeniorTourGuide
Create a budgeting process for the cabinet and for parliament to approve.

Do you believe the current departments spend enough so that we would need to implement this? I don't really see a need on why Doh would need a budget for money they don't spend.

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
Do you believe the current departments spend enough so that we would need to implement this? I don't really see a need on why Doh would need a budget for money they don't spend.

Thank you for the question! From previous experience, I would say yes. I know the player base has not been as big for departments to be spending huge amounts of money but knowing how much they do is good economical data for the government. If budgeting was to get implemented any form of department spending such as employee bonuses, creation of events, etc. You say DoH wouldn't need a budget, but if the minister gives out bonuses that could fall into the budget of the department.

Gabi

Department of State
Gabi__
Gabi__
SeniorTourGuide
Thank you for the question! From previous experience, I would say yes. I know the player base has not been as big for departments to be spending huge amounts of money but knowing how much they do is good economical data for the government. If budgeting was to get implemented any form of department spending such as employee bonuses, creation of events, etc. You say DoH wouldn't need a budget, but if the minister gives out bonuses that could fall into the budget of the department.
so would departments that do use some of the money like doc or dopa, would their bonuses be smaller than like the doj's bonuses? We already have a bonus system of 2000k or below im pretty sure so would that get disregarded? lol sorry for the questions just this part never made much sense to me

Gabi

Department of State
Gabi__
Gabi__
SeniorTourGuide
i'm guessing cause the doj would get less money to start we are hoping the bonuses would end up roughly the same but i do think it would be hard to figure out

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
so would departments that do use some of the money like doc or dopa, would their bonuses be smaller than like the doj's bonuses? We already have a bonus system of 2000k or below im pretty sure so would that get disregarded? lol sorry for the questions just this part never made much sense to me

No I'm not reducing bonuses, I'm just saying that bonuses would be taken into account when budgeting. The department ministers can request more money if needed. Say each department gets 30,000kr(example number) a month, they would have to budget that amount for the month for whatever expenses they may have, employee bonuses, more events, etc. Even with a budget set in place, the department ministers could request more money from parliament with a valid reason.

This just gives parliament the ability to see what the departments are spending money on and how much.

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
Create a budgeting process for the cabinet and for parliament to approve.
what is the reasoning for adding budgets? do you think government spending is an actual issue that needs to be monitored, or are you only interested in it for roleplay purposes? the gov bal has been on a steady increase since the closure of the eshop. budgeting doesn't seem necessary and would only cause undue complications where there currently aren't any.

• Form government committees that oversee certain tasks, a Minister would chair and MPs would represent
  • Create political positions for those wanting to get into the political field without becoming an MP or Minister. (small jobs for parliament)
can you expand more on these with examples of how they would be useful or why they're necessary?

Gabi

Department of State
Gabi__
Gabi__
SeniorTourGuide
No I'm not reducing bonuses, I'm just saying that bonuses would be taken into account when budgeting. The department ministers can request more money if needed. Say each department gets 30,000kr(example number) a month, they would have to budget that amount for the month for whatever expenses they may have, employee bonuses, more events, etc. Even with a budget set in place, the department ministers could request more money from parliament with a valid reason.

This just gives parliament the ability to see what the departments are spending money on and how much.
so its to monitor how much instead of setting limits? okok that makes more sense lololol

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
what is the reasoning for adding budgets? do you think government spending is an actual issue that needs to be monitored, or are you only interested in it for roleplay purposes? the gov bal has been on a steady increase since the closure of the eshop. budgeting doesn't seem necessary and would only cause undue complications where there currently aren't any.

can you expand more on these with examples of how they would be useful or why they're necessary?

For the budget, mainly roleplay purposes. The idea of forming one has always been around, I'm not saying there's an exact NEED for it right now. Just something to develop on.

For government committees, it could be anything. For example like Foreign Affairs committee chaired by the DoCR minister and having a few MP's in this committee. This committee would have jurisdiction over bills and programs and other activities relating to foreign affairs. Plus with parliament members and ministers working together on certain activities, it would further benefit the relationship between cabinet and legislation. This is just an idea, I haven't fully expanded on it.

Political jobs such as working for cabinet/parliament as a citizen. Going off of IRL, jobs like communications director/press secretary, caseworker, legislative counsel. Again it's just an idea that I would possibly expand on if elected.