Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
About me:

Hello everyone my name is Syronic, formerly known as BlackDragon2020. I have played on this server since about a year from now, and I'd like to believe I attempted to contribute fairly well to the new players. As you all know, I was a big advocate for anything that had to do with the writer roles when jobs held more gravity. I still own a decently sized shop where I buy items from new players at a much higher rate than they are worth, called Aetherlight Industries (shameless plug :3).

As for my presentness is politics, I tend to like to leave things to the politicians that we had voted in. I have only run for MP on a single other occasion, in which I succeeded in gaining a seat. I had a good run with a few bills that helped the server during their time of need. One of which was Writer's Rights. If you were to look upon what I promised the people as well, I was able to make use of my word and secure most of the things I said. Regrettably, Iron Golems Rights were against me as it was less for lore and more for an easy fix to the past server lag.
My Reason for Running

For the last six months, I sat in complacency watching parliament do their work. But I have seen on many occasions stagnation, creating bills for the sake of creating them, and barely running through ideas with the community anymore (they also forced people to only have two capital plots which I find ridiculous, and I know for a fact no one cares about that role). Overall, I would say I have finally become fed up with their lack of listening.

Short Term Goals as MP

Adding a Youtuber rank that would give certain privileges to those players (minimum 20k subs on Youtube). As of right now, they are our future lifeblood as they do more advertisement than our advertisement group.

Refocusing on decentralization

Allowing players to own at least two suburb houses

Creating temporary price Floors and price ceilings to help stabilize the economy for the time being.

Allowing legal "pastes" in the wilderness.

Crack down on landscapers just a little bit more.

Add a new "miner" job that gets more or less krunas for mining different grades of ores for the first time.

Better government shops

Long Term Goals as MP

Restore Businesscraft to it's former glory of October 2019

Create an Impact for Other MP's to follow in our footsteps

Get a stronger foothold in social media, to advertise this server more.

Create a TEAM for this social media so they don't stagnate as they do know

Making Cities easier to create as long as they fit a certain criteria (This will create more diverseness in the styles and cultures we make)

Removing Hoglins from the protected Animal Rights (They may look like pigs, but they attack players on sight, even the babies).

Laws I Would Vote For/Against:

I would vote for the advertisement law edit. I believe that it is such a privilege for people to advertise their businesses in the official discord and the server. I do not, however, believe in making the limitation 5 advertisement posts in between your last post and your new post.

I cannot emphasize more than I already have that we need a good, stable advertisement team that is autonomous and self-sustaining. As such, I would vote for most things that involve improvement in this area. It is summertime. Our player rates shouldn't be as low as they are.

Thank You for Your Time Everyone. Let's Make Businesscraft Great Again.

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
I do not believe that to be the case. I've only counted four out of the thirteen things stated that fall outside of MP jurisdiction. Even so, I will heavily advocate for it in a higher position of power (MP). If I cannot directly contribute, I will forcibly bring awareness to everyone with my reputation. Actions speak louder than words as you know.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Why should players be allowed to have more than two suburbs houses? Also the DoE is already heavily against price floors as we emphasize a free market. What do you mean by crack down on landscapers a bit more?

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
Why should players be allowed to have more than two suburbs houses? Also the DoE is already heavily against price floors as we emphasize a free market. What do you mean by crack down on landscapers a bit more?

I did not state that they should have more than two. I believe though that they should be allowed to have two houses at the least. I do not believe this to be the most concerning situation at hand, seeing as a quarter of the suburbs is still available to buy or rent.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
I did not state that they should have more than two. I believe though that they should be allowed to have two houses at the least. I do not believe this to be the most concerning situation at hand, seeing as a quarter of the suburbs is still available to buy or rent.
What about Landscapers?

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer

Just as a recap, this emptiness of suburbs has been repetitious for the last month give or take a few days, so again, I do not believe it to be that big of an issue. Nor do I see it as an atrocious thing to suggest.

hotshot80915

Citizen
Donator
hotshot80915
hotshot80915
Tier1
Why do you believe it should be easier to make more cities? I was under the impression that’s what cabinet is trying to actively avoid right now and focus on the current cities. Furthermore what do you mean when you say “crack down on landscapers” to zzz’s point. Side note, I believe pastes in the wild are already a thing made by mr fib.

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
You said crack down more on landscapers, what do you mean by that?

I have seen the stagnation on landscapers as they usually have nothing to do. I have a few past landscapers as well who have told me first hand that being one was a joke as there is usually little things that need to be done. Warp 4 I would say is one of the exceptions, but even so our government has been quite slow for the past few months.

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
Why do you believe it should be easier to make more cities? I was under the impression that’s what cabinet is trying to actively avoid right now and focus on the current cities. Furthermore what do you mean when you say “crack down on landscapers” to zzz’s point. Side note, I believe pastes in the wild are already a thing made by mr fib.

Whew, there is a lot to unpack here but let's see how I do, eh?

The ability to create a city is an aspiring dream to many. I do not like how people are using the current situation as an excuse for heavily boycotting it in the past (not to say that's what you did). I am merely suggesting a more set criteria that people must follow before they can attempt to become a city. It would still be up to whoever gives the final "okay" to decide whether or not they become a city. That being said, I believe that it would definitely be beneficial as players would feel a though it's an obtainable goal that they can work towards.

Secondly, I have already asked around and from what I have heard from every active Mod so far that I have encountered, it is still not technically legal to paste in the wilderness. I may be wrong in this matter, but I was not able to find it as well in the revised laws of this forum.

Thirdly, refer back to the statement made to zzz.

I hope I answered these well enough for you.

_Pastel_Ghost_

Holly
Donator
_Pastel_Ghost_
_Pastel_Ghost_
tier5
Could you elaborate a little bit on what you believe better government shops would look like? I like your ideas here so best of luck to you!

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
I have seen the stagnation on landscapers as they usually have nothing to do. I have a few past landscapers as well who have told me first hand that being one was a joke as there is usually little things that need to be done. Warp 4 I would say is one of the exceptions, but even so our government has been quite slow for the past few months.
I'm not sure your basing that off, because as a member of the DoA I've seen many landscapers become quit successful and move up the ranks within the DoA. There is lots of cleaning up to be done in the wild and in the end its up to the landscaper whether they want to do the work or not. In DoA we have a task list aswell of many places that need to be cleaned up that landscapers can choose from. Its likely the landscapers that told you they have nothing to do are probably landscapers from before the DoA updated the job, or just literally don't the work right in front of them.

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer

The ability to create a city is an aspiring dream to many. I do not like how people are using the current situation as an excuse for heavily boycotting it in the past (not to say that's what you did). I am merely suggesting a more set criteria that people must follow before they can attempt to become a city. It would still be up to whoever gives the final "okay" to decide whether or not they become a city. That being said, I believe that it would definitely be beneficial as players would feel a though it's an obtainable goal that they can work towards.

Secondly, I have already asked around and from what I have heard from every active Mod so far that I have encountered, it is still not technically legal to paste in the wilderness. I may be wrong in this matter, but I was not able to find it as well in the revised laws of this forum.

Just as an addition to what I said about city creation, this would also add to weed out those who are not as passionate about creating a city, as well as people who insist on being one even though they do not meet the criteria.

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
I'm not sure your basing that off, because as a member of the DoA I've seen many landscapers become quit successful and move up the ranks within the DoA. There is lots of cleaning up to be done in the wild and in the end its up to the landscaper whether they want to do the work or not. In DoA we have a task list aswell of many places that need to be cleaned up that landscapers can choose from. Its likely the landscapers that told you they have nothing to do are probably landscapers from before the DoA updated the job, or just literally don't the work right in front of them.

I understand your stance as I've heard it many times. Rest assured, these were people from after the revisions. I will not give out names of course as they told me in confidence, and it would seem less professional to attack character instead of beliefs. If we were to take into account the fact that there is a list of work for them to do, but they are simply not doing it, that only adds to my argument even more so that those who have the Landscaper role are being stagnate.

hotshot80915

Citizen
Donator
hotshot80915
hotshot80915
Tier1

Cheers, that will be enough from me. Good luck!

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
Cheers, that will be enough from me. Good luck!

Thank you. I would also like to state for anyone that may come across this post, that it is my goal to finally fix the divide between mods and mp's so that we can cooperate with one another in fixing some long known problems. I ask for the assistance of not only the citizens who read my post, but the mods who also believe there is time for a change.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
I understand your stance as I've heard it many times. Rest assured, these were people from after the revisions. I will not give out names of course as they told me in confidence, and it would seem less professional to attack character instead of beliefs. If we were to take into account the fact that there is a list of work for them to do, but they are simply not doing it, that only adds to my argument even more so that those who have the Landscaper role are being stagnate.
Therefore it's their fault and nothing can be really done. What would you propose to make landscapers work harder? Tbh at the end of the day this is in DoA jurisdiction, nothing parl can do. From what I've seen there's probably more people who have worked hard at the position then haven't done anything at all.

Syronic

Citizen
Banned
Department of State
Department of Economy
Syronic
Syronic
Labor Officer
Could you elaborate a little bit on what you believe better government shops would look like? I like your ideas here so best of luck to you!

You almost got lost in the posts XD. I will explain to you as best I can.

With the rapid fluctuation of our simulated market, there are many surpluses and shortages that happen. The government mall itself is quite behind the times, as it doesn't benefit those it was built for to begin with. Although there are a few blocks that have been in high demand as of late, there isn't too much of a selection that is actually appealing to most players, old and new. I'm advocating for more frequent rotations within what they sell, as well as sell shops that are buying whatever the last surplus was, so that the concept of supply and demand can still be at play. (It should be noted that we wouldn't be paying full price, but a smaller amount as it is a surplus. If we were to allow the surplus continue, then it would take a while for everyone to run out of that specific product.)