In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 08/08/23

Ryan_88
(HunterHoLLP Ryan_88 self representing)

v.

Johnlennon_60s

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:

Johnlennon_60s has posted an advertisement saying he released a book 5 seconds ago when he indeed did not. He had posted a similar announcement before that stating the exact same book name and price. I have attached 2 screenshots below of evidence. (IMG_0646-min.jpg is the first advertisement and the other screenshot is the 2nd advertisement.)

II. Parties
1. Ryan_88
. Johnlennon_60s

III. Sequence of Events
1. Johnlennon_60s posts an in game advertisement stating his new book is for sale named "Monkey Disease".
2. He then posts a second misleading announcement stating that it was just released 5 minutes ago when it indeed was not and several minutes had already passed.

IV. Claims for Relief
1. The Corporate Advertisement Act states in Section V that False advertisement is "any act of Corporate Advertisement that includes information that is misleading, untrue or a misuse of facts."

V. Damages
1. 500kr in punitive damages as allowed in the Corporate Advertisement act in section V.
2. 100kr in legal fees.

Witnesses:
Delsworth

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-08 113242.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-08 113242.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0646-min.jpg
    IMG_0646-min.jpg
    811.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

MegaMinerM

Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Economy
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
MegaMinerM
MegaMinerM
Justice
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
Writ of Summons

@JohnLennon_60s is hereby summoned to the Court of the Stratham Republic, and must appear in the court in the following 48 hours starting at the time of this summon's sending. If the defendant fails to adhere to the conditions of the summons hereby set, the court will move forward with a default judgement.

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
Your Honor, the defense has failed to respond to the case within the proper allotted time I request the case move on without the defense.

MegaMinerM

Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Economy
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
MegaMinerM
MegaMinerM
Justice
I apologize for my late response,

Having reviewed the case, the plaintiff alleges that the defendant engaged in false advertising and is seeking damages totaling k600.

As per Section V of the Corporate Advertisement Act, false advertising encompasses "Any act of Corporate Advertisement that includes information that is misleading, untrue or a misuse of facts." After a thorough analysis of the presented evidence, questions arise regarding whether the defendant did, in fact, commit this offense. The evidence falls short of definitively showing the presence of false information within the advertisements. Additionally, the lack of a clear timeline for the ads and the absence of supplementary evidence, like chat logs, make it challenging to establish this claim.

In light of the sequence of events, it's worth noting that the lawsuit indicates that the defendant's actions involved announcing the book release as "5 minutes ago," rather than "5 seconds ago." The mention of "minutes" rather than "seconds" further underscores the uncertainty.

Considering all these factors, the court finds it difficult to conclusively align the defendant's actions with the provided definition.

Therefore, I declare the defendant not guilty.

That is all,
Thank You
Court Dismissed