In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 06/24/23

Reppal
MegaMinerM of Wright & Co. Law Office

v.

IAmA_MoronXD (a.k.a Moron)

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:
Moron and I were close friends and business partners. She has a vast expanse of personal assets, and since she is inactive now, I would like to be the executor of her will, given there is none to name her successor.

II. Parties
1. Reppal
2. IAmA_MoronXD

III. Sequence of Events
1. IAmA_MoronXD went MIA
2. They did not write a will
3. The government is now able to repossess Moron's belongings

IV. Claims for Relief
1. Without a will, the government can take without compensation Moron's buildings and cash balance.

V. Damages
1. Control over all assets, items, etc. of IAmA_MoronXD

Evidence of Inactivity (Evidence01.png)
Evidence of Friendship (She is listed as one of two benefactors in my own will here)
I have numerous chat logs with them, and multiple witnesses I could have testify if this isn't sufficient.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• Evidence01.png
    Evidence01.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 27

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
Writ of Summons

Good evening.

@IAmA_MoronXD is hereby summoned to the Court of the Stratham Republic, and must appear in the court in the following 48 hours starting at the time of this summon's sending. If the defendant fails to adhere to the conditions of the summons hereby set, the court will move forward with a default judgement.

! I apologise for the late response(s), as I am in a hiatus. You may find more information regarding it on my profile. !

MegaMinerM

Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Economy
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
MegaMinerM
MegaMinerM
Justice
Your Honor, 48 hours have passed. I request this lawsuit be ruled in favor of the Plaintiff.

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
Verdict

The courts hereby dismiss all of the damages sought by the prosecution.

Prior to the explanation of the reason, the court would like to remind the parties that a default judgement does not need to be on the plaintiff's favour, as there are no prior requirements to it being so, as I have inquired with the senior judge Cooleagles.

The plaintiff requests to control the property of another player due to their inactivity, or become the executor of their non-existant will. The courts have no legal basis on which to transfer property or grant power over property in such a manner, and I could not find any precedent to it being the case, and none was provided to the court. In the case of a person leaving the server, the transfer of property/granting of power over the property would be through a will, where the power of the 'control over property' requested by the plaintiff would be given to the party through the will. Therefore, without a will, no such power may be granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.