Answered / Added Rentable player-regions for lots

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
You guys should region off these parking lots and place rent signs on them. To be honest, I use them a lot and wouldn't mind paying a bit to rent out these lots. Even K1 per 5 mins would work because players could extend their rents before they actually left.

Attachments

• 2017-06-22_20.55.54.png
    2017-06-22_20.55.54.png
    676.3 KB · Views: 12

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
The region is able to be flagged to allow players not to build on them. Also, the signs corresponding to the regions can be placed anywhere. Just select a random 1 by 1 by 1 block underground (where they can't access it, aka below a government building) and place the sign in front of the stall. As long as the sign is rented, a player can park there. It might also be useful to allow other players to extend the regions of the current renter, due to players renting more time then they need.

MikeRoma

Interior Designer
Banned
I think this adds a element of realism to the server. Also it will give people another reason to work hard to get more money on the server. But the only issue is is that people might use other people's lots or lots that are not taken.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I think this adds a element of realism to the server. Also it will give people another reason to work hard to get more money on the server. But the only issue is is that people might use other people's lots or lots that are not taken.
That is very true, people could easily just park their car in someone else's lot and drive away before they were caught.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
That is very true, people could easily just park their car in someone else's lot and drive away before they were caught.

That's a risk they would have to take, then. Pay the fee (as common in the United States), or take the risk of parking in someone else's private lot with the chance of having your vehicle taken.

MikeRoma

Interior Designer
Banned
I don't think the risk factor is good. I think that there should be no parking in other people's lots because then its unfair to people who paid.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
I don't think the risk factor is good. I think that there should be no parking in other people's lots because then its unfair to people who paid.

That is why there is a law against parking in other people's private lots. If you get caught, you get punished.

MikeRoma

Interior Designer
Banned
But if you don't get caught nothing happens which I think isn't a good thing on the server. It might work in real life but it wouldn't work well on the server. If we can figure out a way to prevent the unfairness, i think this will be a great addition to the server.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
It's true that it can be flagged, however, AreaShop overrides all flags and sets its own flags per region. Therefore this would be very hard to implement.