• Poll closed .

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
- Title: Jail Evasion Deletion
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Deletion -> Create (Replacement)
- Elaboration & Reasoning: Within this motion, I am hoping to improve the somewhat weak jail system we have as to ease work from banning people for jail evasion.

I am proposing a New Jail Plugin; Real Jails, to replace the jail commands and features we have right now (powered by essentials?): https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/real_jails

With Jail Evasion (our current law), a player will get banned if they leave their cell (go offline) because time isn’t being counted in accordance to their presence online. With this plugin, we can get rid of the Jail Evasion punishment and have players serve their full sentence. This plug-in will only count jail time if the player is online. If the player is offline, it doesn’t count towards their jail time. That means players will have to spend the entire time dictated on the offense before being un-jailed automatically.

In real life, you don’t get to leave jail and come back once you think you’ve had enough. You stay in jail the whole time no matter what happens (apart if you die but that’s a different story). This new addition is a lot more severe, and fifteen minutes in a jail cell online doing nothing doesn’t seem like a lot but it is.

The plugin features (taken from the website);
- Jailing existing players offline or online
- Only counting time while the player is online
- Change actions players can take in jails
- Easy to use permission to command chart
- Configurable backside.

Benefits for the server include (WIP):
- More realistic gameplay (roleplay)
- Possibly a new task for the DoJ or DoE to have if developed further (new job: Prison Guard)
- Relives stress for jail evasion bans and reduced amount of bans significantly
- This is a prediction: less rule breakers. Could go either way I might be wrong. But once given a good dose of jail time, it is improbable that committing the crime will reoccur

Negatives for the server include (WIP):
- People *wanting to be jailed* (because that’s always fun to experience) and not have people playing because they’re all in jail having a moment.
- Issues with implementation into government (building a bigger jail etc, or not compatible in general)
- Not much to put here; it’s an edit of the jail evasion law. If anything negative pops up in your mind, please say so and we can add it here!​

Additional information-
This could also help the DoPA analyze more statistics and make better decisions for the server.

CatchEmAll1

Citizen
Absentee Ballot:

Name: CatchEmAll1

Reason you missed the vote: I though I had already voted on it but I clearly had not.

Your vote: Aye.

PinkSpiral

ex Mod + DoE Minister
Donator
Absentee Ballot:

Name: PinkSpiral

Reason you missed the vote: I was on a school trip in Belgium.

Your vote: Aye