puppy_lover153's Election Post (April 2019)

When you come up with bills do you speak to the community or the people who oppose the bills before introducing it to parliament? I see on the last three bills you quickly introduced them without gathering more information from the community because I was giving out free medicine to help sick players when doctors were offline. Now I understand it's my opinion and parliament voted on the bills but I feel the bills were not looked into properly and parliament did not look into the real issue. I know all three bills were basically passed because of me but why did you not speak to me to find a solution to why I was helping people?

For the "Faking Illness" bill I believe it is completely useless and almost impossible to prove. This bill can be abused in a way that if a Doctor claims someone faked an illness how can they prove the person faked it? There are many ways around this and players can easily teleport away and hide the potion with absolutely no proof being possible to obtain.

"Doctors Selling in Bulk" now this is an alright billdue to it not being allowed as a doctor but another issue is I can still buy in bulk from doctors without me getting punished because no law states it's against the law for me to do so. Another way around this legally is it states "selling more than one cure to a patient in a single visit" but I can get them in bulk for free and give them a payment increase for something else they have done for me? It also states in a single visit so I can do it in multiple visits in a short amount of time with various other methods of getting past the "Faking Sickness" bill.

Overall you should have spoken to the community on how they feel about the situation as many players enjoyed me helping them when doctors are offline. You should have also spoken to me in the first place before you wrote the bills due to me finding a way around the current ones.

If you find your way into parliament will you try to find a way to help people when doctors are offline and will you openly talk to the community and someone like me who finds ways around the law(s) before submitting bills? Will you speak to someone who is very logical when it comes to bypassing laws before you submit a bill to parliament if they are willing to help you?

P.S You forgot to introduce a bill making it illegal to have a bulk amount of potions because I have a lot hidden around the map for personal use meaning I'll never have to visit the hospital for another year.

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
First of all, what does my reply have to do with your sudden rant about my three bills? I was simply saying that your ideas were not possible with the current laws.

It's obvious that you believe that those three bills were made out of spite to go against you. Although, you fail to realize that those bills do not revolve around you.

1. I made the Doctor's Selling in Bulk law to enforce punishment for doctor's that went against policy. I spoke with catch for this law since he's the one having to deal with this rule being constantly broken without consequence.

2. I made the Player Distribution law because they shouldn't be in possession of extra cures in the first place and only doctor's should be distributing treatment. It's basically saying 'If you're not a Doctor, you shouldn't be treating players.'

3. I made the Faking of Illness law because if a Doctor believes someone is running around without having taken their cure, they may report it to staff for the breaking of a 'spreading illness' law. It's essentially there to establish punishment for wasting the Doctor's and staff's time if a situation were to escalate.

Another thing, I didn't make a law for possession of bulked cures because

1. No one is supposed to be sold cures in bulk in the first place.

2. We have no way of knowing where they would hide these cures if they don't keep them in their inventory.

That's all I have to say and I'm not going to reply to you any further because I know you're just going to go on an off topic rant, just like you did now.

Thank you for your time, but this discussion is over. If you'd like to file a complaint, my discord DMs are open.

Have a nice day. ✌

1. It's an election post for players to figure out who can do the job correctly

2. They might not have been made specifically for me but I was a big influence in the creation of them.

3. My entire point being even if I don't support the bills is you did not speak to the community before creating and voting on the bills and two of the bills were not written correctly as I can bypass the law very easily.

You also claim my suggestions cannot be done because of current laws but isn't the job of parliament to create and change laws? It seems like you do not want to find a solution to a problem for whatever reason as your response is always the same. I asked you multiple nice questions and now you are becoming defensive towards someone asking serious questions about how you did not speak to the community BEFORE implementing these bills. The only question I wanted you to answer is will you speak to the community more and find someone who looks into bills before you finish writing them so they can look for ways to bypass your bill.

Most of the things I say are not personal attacks or "rants" as I am finding out how you think and I was going to vote for you. I just want parliament members to work towards a better democracy system as the people are apart of the government.

Last edited:

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
2. They might not have been made specifically for me but I was a big influence in the creation of them.
As I was with her in parliament, I can very much assure you that your actions weren't the sole, not even the big, motives of these bills.
You also claim my suggestions cannot be done because of current laws but isn't the job of parliament to create and change laws? It seems like you do not want to find a solution to a problem for whatever reason as your response is always the same.
How can she fix what she doesn't have the powers to fix? You constantly go on about community involvement, but it somehow always ropes back to you. Not everything is about you. If you don't like how anyone is functioning in Parliament, why don't you run?

3. My entire point being even if I don't support the bills is you did not speak to the community before creating and voting on the bills and two of the bills were not written correctly as I can bypass the law very easily.
How can she change stuff she doesn't have the power to change?

Most of the things I say are not personal attacks or "rants" as I am finding out how you think and I was going to vote for you
Absolutely laughable.

I just want parliament members to work towards a better democracy system as the people are apart of the government.
There is a democracy system-- MPs are voted in. The voters trust the people who they elected, therefore they gain their voice and it destroys the need for a cumbersome process of community polls.

Lastly, if you just wanted her to answer one simple question, why the hell did you have to go into detail about every motion 'that went against' you, in order to reach your conclusion about speaking with the community. It's ironic because you try to make it about the community, when really, you're blatantly talking about yourself.

LuisGRK

Citizen
Parliament is the only group capable of creating bills or can ministers do similar stuff? Just wanted to know.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Parliament is the only group capable of creating bills or can ministers do similar stuff? Just wanted to know.
Parliament changes/creates laws, enforced by police officers. Cabinet creates stuff that changes the game, like plugins, staff enforced stuff, etc. What Fried is suggesting is the DoH-- not parliament.