xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
Title:
Removal of Prop. Inspector

Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation):
Removal

Elaboration & Reasoning:
As many of you know, there are lots of players who boast the job 'Property Inspector'. Most of these players don't actually check properties or just do a quick sprint around the Suburbs/City. Most players are just in for the money. Chris, mg4015 and I are among the few players who have actually reported players breaking plot rules.

What would benefit from this:

Players will have to work for their money instead of them sitting back and waiting for the money to roll in. It would remove the possibility of players making money for just being online.

Other Information:

Last edited:

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
I completely agree with this motion. Not one property inspection thread has been created since I have resigned from the duty of being a Property Inspector.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I believe that the only way to fully resolve this problem is to remove the job and give the responsibility to the DoC since they are in charge of Construction.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Why would the Department of Construction be responsible for checking on these things. If anything this could be done by the staff as they're the ones who are responsible for vaulting items from inactive players. The job was created to ease the burden off staff because they already have a lot of responsibility.

Now do I agree that most of the players who have this job don't really do anything? Yes.
But do I think this job could be changed a bit to make it better? Yes.
Here are some of the possible solutions:
  • First of all, remake the DoE. It will be responsible for all players who hold government paid jobs (that aren't a part of a department, i.e Constructor). They will be monitoring their activity.
  • Second of all, remove the 15 minute paycheck and in stead introduce a different type of paycheck. As they have to report the inactive players on the forum, they could get 15/20 Krunas per report. Once a staff member is done vaulting and/or unlocking items, they will give them the amount from the Government's balance.

BigBen9999

Citizen
Why would the Department of Construction be responsible for checking on these things. If anything this could be done by the staff as they're the ones who are responsible for vaulting items from inactive players. The job was created to ease the burden off staff because they already have a lot of responsibility.

Now do I agree that most of the players who have this job don't really do anything? Yes.
But do I think this job could be changed a bit to make it better? Yes.
Here are some of the possible solutions:
  • First of all, remake the DoE. It will be responsible for all players who hold government paid jobs (that aren't a part of a department, i.e Constructor). They will be monitoring their activity.
  • Second of all, remove the 15 minute paycheck and in stead introduce a different type of paycheck. As they have to report the inactive players on the forum, they could get 15/20 Krunas per report. Once a staff member is done vaulting and/or unlocking items, they will give them the amount from the Government's balance.
But what would happen if they run out of reports?

Jake

Honorary Co-Founder
Honorary Co-Founder
So paying Property Inspectors on a commission rate, rather than a fixed rate? I like that idea. Something like 5 Krunas, seeing as they get paid like 13 Krunas every 15 minutes anyway, it doesn't take long to make a report and find at least 3 plots.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I was talking about modifying your suggestion as you said you agreed with me on my points

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
upload_2017-7-12_11-25-7.png
Then why did you agree with me in the first place >_>

I made the poll for your original motion anyway - the removal of the job.