How do you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Title: Prevention of online dating and marital interaction
- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning: there has been some online dating and marriage on the server recently. Online dating is immoral and should not be allowed on BusinessCraft.
This bill would illegalize the following:
- Any type of dating in game or on the forums or discord in global channels.
- any type of marital actions in game, on the forums or Discord in global channels.
Doing this in local, whisper, or messaging channels would be allowed.
The punishment for breaking these laws would be the following:
1st offense: a warning
2nd offense: 10 minute mute
3rd offense: 1 hour mute
4th offense: permanent mute
- What would benefit from this: If this bill were to be accepted it would stop this behavior which is highly disturbing at many levels. It would help to make the server more inviting to the younger age group, as well as help everyone feel more comfortable on BusinessCraft.
- Other Information:
Thank you for reading this, post your concerns in the replies.

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
I would like to see this in the server, although I do think the punishment is a bit too harsh, especially the 3rd offense. I would propose the following punishments:

1st offense: warning
2nd offense: 15 minute mute
4th offense: 4 hour mute
5th+ offense: 1 week mute

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
I do not believe muting players would necessarily solve or stop all of the sexual actions or displays of public affection that may be presented by the players.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I do not believe muting players would necessarily solve or stop all of the sexual actions or displays of public affection that may be presented by the players.
I would like to see this in the server, although I do think the punishment is a bit too harsh, especially the 3rd offense. I would propose the following punishments:

1st offense: warning
2nd offense: 15 minute mute
4th offense: 4 hour mute
5th+ offense: 1 week mute
Honestly if they don't stop after 2 punishments they aren't gonna stop and you just need to take permanent action. However I'll tone some of the punishments down (last offence will remain permanent)

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I've never been a fan of online dating, especially not on minecraft but I don't think this should be prohibited by law.
We should let people do their thing, at least in private or in local. If it bothers you that much, you can just ignore them too.

Also I know that a couple of times, there were actual couples playing the server. It'll just be unpractical.

sparkleA

Citizen
You make a couple good points Koal, so perhaps we could amend this to prohibit online dating in game to only local, private or whisper chats.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Thanks for your opinions guys, I never thought of these things :) I've edited the thread to incorporate these ideas and the bill is now up for vote.