How do you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Player Name Punishment Rule
(Edit)

As of right now, the law gives staff full reserve of power to ban one for name abuse. Specifically, if a name is like another player's or is inappropriate. The problem with this is that it doesn't allow for unintentional harm. For example, if a new player joins with the name "FloppyChockens", the player would get banned possibly with out knowing FlappyChickens exists. Therefore I propose a new system for handling player names. This system would allow players to have a second chance.

1. Only Owners reserve the right to ban players in case they find your name inappropriate or too similar (purposely changed) to another player’s name, but they may only ban the UUID of the the player rather than the ip/account.
2. Any staff besides an Owner must follow this plan.

1st Offence:
If Player is NEW*; 5 Minute Ban.
Otherwise; Two Week Ban
2nd Offence:
Two Month Ban
3rd Offence:
Perm. Ban
*Players that have just joined for the first time or have only been playing for 4 days are considered new.
(All punishments must be recorded.)

Last edited:

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I disagree. I think the current system is better because of the permanent ban which they can easily appeal. It's only there because it gives them time to change their username, and as we don't really know when they will change the name (if ever), we'd make sure they wouldn't login with the same name they were banned for once the suggested temp. ban time expires.
Additionally, we have the option to ban names, rather than player accounts (UUIDs). So if you want to recreate/rewrite your motion with including a name ban, be my guest.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I just re-read it, and it was if purposefully changed, the reason I asked was because of the way this was written, it got confusing since he was talking about banning players for having a similar name when they first join. "if a new player joins with the name "FloppyChockens", the player would get banned possibly with out knowing FlappyChickens exists." this was the part that got me confused.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I disagree. I think the current system is better because of the permanent ban which they can easily appeal. It's only there because it gives them time to change their username, and as we don't really know when they will change the name (if ever), we'd make sure they wouldn't login with the same name they were banned for once the suggested temp. ban time expires.
Additionally, we have the option to ban names, rather than player accounts (UUIDs). So if you want to recreate/rewrite your motion with including a name ban, be my guest.

I'll take your advise, but I also disagree with some of your reasoning. If a player gets banned right off the bat for a name, it is highly unlikely they will appeal the ban as all they are looking for is a new server. They don't want to go through the extra work. That is if they even know how to appeal their ban.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Um... If there new players, how are they gonna get to the forums?