Answered / Added Phones

Would you like this feature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I came across a phones plugin that I thought may be of interest to players.

Here is a list of features from the SpigotMC page:

- Really simple and easy to use GUI
- Generates a random phone number for each player when they join
- Simply add your friend's phone number using the GUI
- Easily remove any contacts if you no longer wish to message them
- Add a passcode to your phone in case someone gets hold of it (yes, if someone picks your phone up, they can use it and pretend to be you!)
- Add notes to your phone to remind you of things to do
- Send emails to players (can be used even if the player is offline, and they can view when they come online)
- Send text messages to players (a glorified messaging system)
- Block numbers that you don't want to receive messages from
- Phone signal, meaning the further away you are, the slower your texts send. Too far away, then you can't text at all! (Phone signal locations can be changed

The plugin page can be viewed at https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mc-phones.37740/ but it requires you to have a spigotmc account. The plugin costs 5 GBP, which is about $6.50. This might be a nice addition to the server for realism. The feature I like the most has to be the emails, because nobody wants to drive to the post office every time they want to send or read letters. The post office could still be useful, however, for sending packages and money.

Derfey

Citizen
Donator
Thats a brilliant idea! I would love phones to come to businesscraft, this also might replace the /msg command

squarehead01

Citizen
The /msg command is also unrealistic. If someone is halfway across the world, can you just start talking with them? minecraft, yes. Real life: no

malikmonk

Citizen
Donator
Would LOVE this feature. Gives the server more of a modern feel. Maybe you would have to buy a phone though? Idk.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I suppose that'd be possible. Probably something in the configuration, I would be surprised if not.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Hello!
I've tested this plugin on a private server of mine and I have decided not to add it to the server. The plugin has some bugs, doesn't have some features we already have with private messages and overall wasn't updated at all since release.
Thanks for the suggestion and to everyone who voted in the poll.