Citizen
Donator
Hello Parliament!

- Title:
Permanent Banning

- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation):
Edit

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
I just first off want to say that people on the server need to be punished hard for their wrongdoings. Although there are some harsh ways I don't really agree with. As of right now, most 5th offenses of laws result in a permanent ban of the player. I propose this being changed to somewhere around a year ban. This is a long time, but the player WILL be able to return to the server one day. So basically in a summed up way, I am proposing we change all permanent bans to a year ban. This will give the player much time to think of their actions, but they can return to the server eventually. THEN I propose if a player STILL does not change his/her ways, they will be permanently banned. Here is a quick example of offenses:
-1st: 1 week mute
-2nd: 1 day mute
-3rd 1-week mute
-4th 2-week ban
-5th 1-year ban
-6th perm ban

- What would benefit from this:
This would give players another chance, but not a chance they will receive TOO easily.

- Other Information:
PLEASE let me know if ANYTHING does NOT make sense so I can explain it more.

Thank you and hope you all have a good day!​

sparkleA

Citizen
I'm on the fence about this motion. One one hand, 1 year means only people dedicated and determined to play on this awesome server will return, and hopefully not commit crimes. However, if they already messed up that many times and didn't realize what they were doing is illegal, or didn't care, why should they get another chance?

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Permanent bans are very hard to come by on its own and are never the punishment for the first offence of breaking any of the laws. If they believe they should be given another chance, they can appeal the ban.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Well it could be 9 months or something, I just came up with a year.
The time frame isn't the problem at all. I'm saying that everyone that has been permanently banned earned to be permanently banned one way or another. If they feel as they have changed, not only after a year (or any time frame suggested in this motion) or before they can appeal on the forums.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
But if they appeal on the forums- how would you know that they changed??? I feel that actually SEEING them; their behaviors and mannerisms is best. This would give staff a better chance to actually see growth or improvement, whether or not they changed. If this is put into a bill, I vote aye.

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
This seems like a good idea, but think about it, if they've gotten to the 5th offence (perm ban), they chose to take that path. They chose to continue doing wrong and deserve the punishment of a perm ban and like Koal stated, if they believe they should be given another chance, they can make a ban appeal.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Idk, thank you for your feedback, a lot of times I have ideas, but don’t know how to execute them, so I need help to improve them many times.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
But if they appeal on the forums- how would you know that they changed??? I feel that actually SEEING them; their behaviors and mannerisms is best. This would give staff a better chance to actually see growth or improvement, whether or not they changed. If this is put into a bill, I vote aye.
Appeals are better. Not only can they be written at any time (without having to wait for a year), they let us see their attitude towards the server without them coming back without our knowing and possibly just wrecking stuff again.
And honestly, who's going to come back in a year? They'll have found a new server and be dedicated there by that point. I doubt they'll even remember they're unbanned.