Answered / Added Parliament suggestion

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I have seen that when the parliament votes, they take in no account about how the population feels about this edit of a law or the creation of a law. I suggest that the member of parliament who wishes to create a movement, posts the movement so anyone can give their opinion on it. I know this might seem tedious, but it will make the community feel more agreeing with their government and more comfortable with the people they voted for. Because recent laws have been passed and no one in the general public has actually given their opinion on that subject. (only a select few that used colorful fonts in their election post)

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I have seen that when the parliament votes, they take in no account about how the population feels about this edit of a law or the creation of a law. I suggest that the member of parliament who wishes to create a movement, posts the movement so anyone can give their opinion on it. I know this might seem tedious, but it will make the community feel more agreeing with their government and more comfortable with the people they voted for. Because recent laws have been passed and no one in the general public has actually given their opinion on that subject. (only a select few that used colorful fonts in their election post)
I really doubt this will happen, as this completely destroys the purpose of parliament, if anyone could comment on motions then everyone would practically be members of parliament. It is parliaments job and parliaments job alone to improve the laws.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I really doubt this will happen, as this completely destroys the purpose of parliament, if anyone could comment on motions then everyone would practically be members of parliament. It is parliaments job and parliaments job alone to improve the laws.
I'm not saying everyone can vote. I'm suggesting you create a thread to see what the community has to say about that law. Also, many parliament members are taking in no account for how the community will feel about that law

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I'm not saying everyone can vote. I'm suggesting you create a thread to see what the community has to say about that law. Also, many parliament members are taking in no account for how the community will feel about that law
I never said anything about voting. And the point the government only elects 5 MP’s is to have them vote on laws and discuss. I don’t want to keep arguing, but I seriously doubt this will get accepted.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I never said anything about voting. And the point the government only elects 5 MP’s is to have them vote on laws and discuss. I don’t want to keep arguing, but I seriously doubt this will get accepted.
I can see that you do not like this idea since all of YOUR motions negatively impact the community. You must stop looking at this suggestion as negative. If Parliament will at least take into account how their motions will affect the community, then this server might turn out greater in the end

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
(Just giving my opinion not trying to offend anyone or anything) I feel that this would make MP useless to run for and the already limited number of people running wouldn't run because why should they, they already can give their opinion so all that an MP could do now would be make motions and vote for the motions, not that this is exactly the reason to run for MP, but it just increases the amount of reasons not to. Also, all the debating that already exists, would just turn into even more of a mess than it already is.

(Once again not trying to offend anyone or anything, just giving my opinion.)

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Woah woah woah, I really didn’t want to keep arguing but you HAD to bring up my motions. So, please, tell me how they ALL negatively impact the community huh? I’m very interested in your answer. First of answer this, how in the world do beach plots negatively impact the community?? Secondly how does my car laws motion negatively impact the community?? How does my warning auto ban EDIT negatively impact the community, I’m trying to help people from getting banned as often. I am fed up with you and you negatively impact the community way more. This is officially the end of the argument I will NOT respond any further.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
(Just giving my opinion not trying to offend anyone or anything) I feel that this would make MP useless to run for and the already limited number of people running wouldn't run because why should they, they already can give their opinion so all that an MP could do now would be make motions and vote for the motions, not that this is exactly the reason to run for MP, but it just increases the amount of reasons not to. Also, all the debating that already exists, would just turn into even more of a mess than it already is.

(Once again not trying to offend anyone or anything, just giving my opinion.)

EXACTLY!!! Exactly.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
The Department of Public Affairs will now create in-game polls for some Motions currently debated in the Parliament. Results will be posted by the Minister on the motion's thread after a few days.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Woah woah woah, I really didn’t want to keep arguing but you HAD to bring up my motions. So, please, tell me how they ALL negatively impact the community huh? I’m very interested in your answer. First of answer this, how in the world do beach plots negatively impact the community?? Secondly how does my car laws motion negatively impact the community?? How does my warning auto ban EDIT negatively impact the community, I’m trying to help people from getting banned as often. I am fed up with you and you negatively impact the community way more. This is officially the end of the argument I will NOT respond any further.
For example, you did not take into account how the community felt about the 1-year ban in your Permanent ban motion. You completely looked over the fact that almost no player will actually wait a YEAR to get back on, Why not one month? or two or three?

The people who were elected for Parliament were elected by the people of Businesscraft. Therefore it is up to them if they want your opinions to affect their motions. If you feel cheated by this then you don't have to vote for them next election.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
The people who were elected for Parliament were elected by the people of Businesscraft. Therefore it is up to them if they want your opinions to affect their motions. If you feel cheated by this then you don't have to vote for them next election.
I never said that we would affect their decisions to vote, I just wanted them to have the opportunity to see what the general population feels about that law.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
The Department of Public Affairs will now create in-game polls for some Motions currently debated in the Parliament. Results will be posted by the Minister on the motion's thread after a few days.

Woah, Woah, Woah. Just because the Minister of the DoPA is currently also a Member of Parliament doesn't mean it will be that way in the future. I don't believe the DoPA, just like any other department, should have any influence on Parliament.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Woah, Woah, Woah. Just because the Minister of the DoPA is currently also a Member of Parliament doesn't mean it will be that way in the future. I don't believe the DoPA, just like any other department, should have any influence on Parliament.
The DoPA has no influence. Its main purpose is to just post the gathered feedback from citizens on the motion, with a simple "Yes" or "No" question - meaning they won't be biased in any way.
In the event where an MP isn't the DoPA minister, the information would be posted by either me or a member of the DoPA that happens to be a MP/Staff too.