• No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxx

Citizen
- Username: Shade_Vess
- Suggestion Title: Nicknames!!!
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
This would be extremely use full since this is a city rp server. This would make things a lot smoother in rp.
It would help the city feel more realistic just because you had a name. There's not much to say here because its kinda self explanatory xD
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:

stinkycow

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
stinkycow
stinkycow
Lawyer
I think this would make the PO job way harder. Not to mention that donators dont even get a nickname.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
I think this would make the PO job way harder. Not to mention that donators dont even get a nickname.

Maybe it could be made where the nickname only shows up in chat, but the player name still shows up everywhere else (for example the message that pops up in chat that you can use to report murder).

Foxx

Citizen
I like this, but it shouldn't be given to everyone. Possible under tier 3?
Its suppose to be for everyone because everyone has a name... i also wonder id you would have said this if you weren't already donor 3 as well......

Maybe it could be made where the nickname only shows up in chat, but the player name still shows up everywhere else (for example the message that pops up in chat that you can use to report murder).
now i DO like this idea! it would take away all confusion for staff members and still keep the RP aspect

stinkycow

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
stinkycow
stinkycow
Lawyer
You’d have to ask someone like William who knows how to do stuff like that. I doubt the plugin has a setting for this.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
You’d have to ask someone like William who knows how to do stuff like that. I doubt the plugin has a setting for this.

I’m pretty sure there is an actual plugin for this, I saw it on another server. Basically whenever you first joined, you got to pick a first name, and it randomly assigned you a last name. Whenever you talked in the chat it would say [First Name]_[Last Name]: [Message]. However, whenever you saw any players, it still displayed their username above their skin rather than their Roleplaying name. I can check tomorrow to see if I still have the server ip and I may be able to find that plugin.

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
The plugin's message runs off of the player's username, not display name. So, this shouldn't be an issue that needs a plugin developer to look into.

Also, in the event that I am incorrect about this statement, players can still use the simple command, /realname <nickname>.

Although this would be a good idea in theory for the means of RP, I can see a couple of very specific flaws in this: trolls abusing the system to pose as higher ups (Ex: player nicking as "Koal") to either make a bad mark on the real player, or using it to get items; trolls using the system to create inappropriate nicknames when staff members are offline (obviously they should be reported immediately if very inappropriate, but some people don't bother to do the right thing).

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
The plugin's message runs off of the player's username, not display name. So, this shouldn't be an issue that needs a plugin developer to look into.

Also, in the event that I am incorrect about this statement, players can still use the simple command, /realname <nickname>.

Although this would be a good idea in theory for the means of RP, I can see a couple of very specific flaws in this: trolls abusing the system to pose as higher ups (Ex: player nicking as "Koal") to either make a bad mark on the real player, or using it to get items; trolls using the system to create inappropriate nicknames when staff members are offline (obviously they should be reported immediately if very inappropriate, but some people don't bother to do the right thing).

Make it to where player’s ranks show to the left of the nicknames (same way it is now). This way all staff members would have their respective ranks next to their name, and everyone will have their job ranks next to their name as well. That won’t stop people from attempting to pose as other players, but it will decrease the odds unsuspecting players will fall for it. An alternative to this solution would be to make it to where you can’t use a player’s name as their nickname. This may be able to also filter out potentially inappropriate nicknames by looking for key words and/or phrases.

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
Make it to where player’s ranks show to the left of the nicknames (same way it is now). This way all staff members would have their respective ranks next to their name, and everyone will have their job ranks next to their name as well. That won’t stop people from attempting to pose as other players, but it will decrease the odds unsuspecting players will fall for it. An alternative to this solution would be to make it to where you can’t use a player’s name as their nickname. This may be able to also filter out potentially inappropriate nicknames by looking for key words and/or phrases.
With the plugin we use, you're not allowed to use a player's full username, it denies you if you try; however, as given in my example, you can still use part of the players username instead. All it would take is someone not smart enough to fall for it.

And you mentioned adding the player's rank to their title, along with other ranks. I don't suggest this because it can possibly create complications with variables that are unneeded. And personally, I dislike having someone's full donator role as a display due to toxicity of "flexing" some often do. Having a colored username is very simple, too, and doesn't mix with other displaying tags.

Lastly, filtering certain keywords would possibly require modification to the plugin's code since there are no options, that I am aware of, that deal with this.

Again, this idea has great potential in theory, but if you really dig deeper into it, there are a lot of loops and holes that should be worked around and covered up before it could be accessed by anyone, even if it was restricted to only a high tier donor. Maybe instead this could be a request sort of deal? Like a player applies to have a custom nickname set for them by staff.