Answered / Added New Job Role: Lumberjack

Should BusinessCraft include the job role: Lumberjack?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I have more questions...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No thank you.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
- Username: Matty707

- Suggestion Title: New Job Role: Lumberjack

- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
We have farmers and hunters. Farmers grow the food, hunters kill the undesirables (mobs). Now, what about those red flannel wearing hatchet swinging foresters that provide the LUMBER for the vastly growing cities around BusinessCraft? I believe we should introduce this job role in order to uphold the realism on the server.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No):
Not necessarily. However I would like to recommend utilizing the Tree Feller Spigot plugin, link found below. This plugin would greatly add to the realism revolving around this new job role. Simply being that when someone chops down a tree, you whack at it from below and the tree generally topples down in real life. This plugin greatly simulates that within Minecraft, and is able to be customized. I would highly recommend that the permission nodes only be given to the role of Lumberjack, surely making it a unique role that players can partake in.

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
Tree Feller - Click Here

- Additional Information:
Video Sample - Click Here

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

SpaceSlayer_

Space
Staff member
Minister of Justice
Department of Internal Development
Department of Justice
Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
SpaceSlayer_
SpaceSlayer_
Justice Minister
YEES !!! LUMBERJACK
as well we need more jobs

Ryanriggle

Citizen
I will agree, but this will need to have an application on forums because this is too op for the everyday player because all you need to do is just chop 1 log and poof

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
I will agree, but this will need to have an application on forums because this is too op for the everyday player because all you need to do is just chop 1 log and poof
Which is why I am recommending that this only pertains to the Lumberjack job role. Not to anyone who joins the server outright. May you please elaborate more about what you mean regarding an application?

Also, I am aware that this will effect how wood is distributed around the server, and the prices... but I still believe it would be a good addition.

Thank you for your feedback!

Ryanriggle

Citizen
Which is why I am recommending that this only pertains to the Lumberjack job role. Not to anyone who joins the server outright. May you please elaborate more about what you mean regarding an application?

Also, I am aware that this will affect how wood is distributed around the server, and the prices... but I still believe it would be a good addition.

Thank you for your feedback!
For instance the property inspector, they removed the exam because people were making to much so they would have to apply for the job, I would think you would need to do this if you had the plug-in

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
For instance the property inspector, they removed the exam because people were making to much so they would have to apply for the job, I would think you would need to do this if you had the plug-in
This is incorrect. We made it that people had to apply for the job because with the old system, players were becoming Property Inspectors and nothing was done.

kcolyz

Spaceman
Donator
I don't think it should only be for the Lumberjack job. I live in a Mega Taiga and it's a pain to cut down the largest trees, and would really enjoy the tree feller plugin while still maintaining my current profession.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
After thinking it over, I really do think that Lumberjacks should become a job, and that they should have some sort of benefit that makes cutting wood easier for them, though not something overpowered like the plugin suggested. Maybe double wood, or faster cutting pace? But overall, this job would be something to benefit the server as there are way too many times people are needing wood, but are too lazy to get it themselves.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
After thinking it over, I really do think that Lumberjacks should become a job, and that they should have some sort of benefit that makes cutting wood easier for them, though not something overpowered like the plugin suggested. Maybe double wood, or faster cutting pace? But overall, this job would be something to benefit the server as there are way too many times people are needing wood, but are too lazy to get it themselves.
Thank you for your feedback, Flaps.

I understand when you refer to the plugin being considered overpowered, even though it would technically be more realistic. In my opinion, double wood would increase motivation to cut more, but then again, it's almost the same type of "overpowering" compared to cutting the whole tree down, etc. Here are some scenarios:

Scenario 1: Player needs wood > Player is unmotivated to cut wood > Player becomes Lumberjack w/ Treefeller > Player cuts whole tree in one or two chops > Player Happy
[Conclusion: Less time needed, normal amount of wood]

Scenario 2: Player needs wood > Player is motivated to cut wood (because of double wood incentive) > Player Becomes Lumberjack > Player cuts tree like normal but receives 2 times more wood > Player is Happy
[Conclusion: More time needed, double the wood output]

From my understanding, they basically even out in the end. This view could be considered subjective, since all players have different motivational levels when it comes to grinding for resources. If that is the case, why not go with the more "realistic" method for BusinessCraft?

Thanks,

Corax

Citizen
Donator
If we didn't use the plugin, there could be a kit lumberjack with a high level efficiency axe

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
If we didn't use the plugin, there could be a kit lumberjack with a high level efficiency axe
So, like Efficiency V or VI? I mean, that could have some negative implications regarding the economy. How often do lumberjacks get access to this "kit"?

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
Good afternoon, Mr. Matt, as well as everyone else connected to this thread. I don't have any information to add to the conversation of the plug-in. However, what I want to state is my opinion, and reason. What I mean is that I am currently working on project in the desert that requires a certain type of wood. Because of this problem, I usually run out of this material quickly. In addition, when I ask if there are any sellers it takes approximately 15 minutes for the trading to converge. With that said, most of the time the only people that are willing to trade wood are my friends in the server who don't accept a payment. Now this is a kind gesture, however I believe it is slowly effecting the economy. So, with everything said, I do believe that a Lumberjack Role would be useful to the server. Thank you for listening to my opinion.

Sincerely:
GarMen .

Last edited:

Corax

Citizen
Donator
So, like Efficiency V or VI? I mean, that could have some negative implications regarding the economy. How often do lumberjacks get access to this "kit"?
Well, farmers have a kit with necessities to start farming. Can't lumberjacks have a kit too?

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Question: being that I am now an MP, could I transform this into a Motion? Regarding it's status as "Answered", thought I'd ask here. Thank you.