My thoughts on New Government (me talking to a wall but here and not in pol disc)

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
First, why do our public servants automatically assume that they are more important than the welfare of the server? These elected officials feel justified in turning on the people as soon as they become obsolete, then go around and take the moral high ground. This change whether you agree with it or not is different, which is exactly what the player base I know old and new have been asking for since the new map was first announced (dawn of time). Our current system has favored no one but inner circles. PMs have always been members of closed door groups (except to my knowledge sumo), leading to closed door ministers, who interact with no one other than themselves incestually, leading to no predecessors when it ends. It's a vicious process because the most qualified are never given a chance, and those who are in our positions like prime minister then complain that there's no one capable, stipulating the lie that it's impossible, when it very much isn't. The new setup of elected ministers is not perfect, but it stops this ridiculous chain of the same ministers never bringing someone new up, and a rotation of the same people entering high ranking office. This may just be a game, but that's all the more reason to take a step back and realize it isn't this deep. If you are actually being mentally affected by a video game that turns off when you don't look at it, you are not fit for office. If you cannot juggle light reading, basic critical thinking, and having the occasional announcement, you are not fit for office. Rather than assuming you can do things because the title looks clean, take a step back, and consider the costs. I am a supporter of the change because I have seen what this system does, not just in our lifetime, but before, even with SlimeEmperor, Krix, and DrThunder7 to name a few. We are not the catalyst alone, but I hope we can be the turning point.

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
First, why do our public servants automatically assume that they are more important than the welfare of the server? These elected officials feel justified in turning on the people as soon as they become obsolete, then go around and take the moral high ground. This change whether you agree with it or not is different, which is exactly what the player base I know old and new have been asking for since the new map was first announced (dawn of time). Our current system has favored no one but inner circles. PMs have always been members of closed door groups (except to my knowledge sumo), leading to closed door ministers, who interact with no one other than themselves incestually, leading to no predecessors when it ends. It's a vicious process because the most qualified are never given a chance, and those who are in our positions like prime minister then complain that there's no one capable, stipulating the lie that it's impossible, when it very much isn't. The new setup of elected ministers is not perfect, but it stops this ridiculous chain of the same ministers never bringing someone new up, and a rotation of the same people entering high ranking office. This may just be a game, but that's all the more reason to take a step back and realize it isn't this deep. If you are actually being mentally affected by a video game that turns off when you don't look at it, you are not fit for office. If you cannot juggle light reading, basic critical thinking, and having the occasional announcement, you are not fit for office. Rather than assuming you can do things because the title looks clean, take a step back, and consider the costs. I am a supporter of the change because I have seen what this system does, not just in our lifetime, but before, even with SlimeEmperor, Krix, and DrThunder7 to name a few. We are not the catalyst alone, but I hope we can be the turning point.
I mainly support and agree with most of your message here, but I strongly agree that there is a lot of inner circle stuff going on. Transparency with the public has been pretty good at times, however, (I've never been in cabinet or smth so I don't know) I've seen ministers who never put out any public speaking, never really said anything during their terms, and stayed quiet the entire time.

LilSumoVert

Former PM
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
LilSumoVert
LilSumoVert
Lawyer
There is always one that slips through the cracks, I agree with the majority. However I disagree now Koal went about it.