Bill: Rejected Minimum Wage

How do you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sparkleA

Citizen
- Title: Minimum Wage
- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning: As of now, employers can pay employees whatever price they agree on. However, some employers may try to take advantage of their employees not knowing how much what they are doing is worth. I have not had trouble with this, but other players might have. This would only change how much people get from other players for jobs, not from the government.
Minimum Wage (jobs paid every 15 minutes): K7 per 15 minutes
Minimum Wage (jobs paid from supplying to shops): 1/3 of the price, rounded up

This is what tour guides are paid, I'm pretty sure. Although it might be something else, let me know in the replies.
Punishment:
First offence: Warning and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Second offence: Fine to the employer of K50 (half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Third offence: Fine to the employer of K100 (half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Fourth offence: Fine to the employer of K100 and second fine to the company of K100 (if there is no official company, then just a fine of K200 to employer, in any case, half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Fifth+ offence: Fine to the employer of K200 and second fine to the company of K200 (if there is no official company, then just a fine of K400 to employer, in any case, half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
- What would benefit from this: Players who might not know the worth of their services to their employer or goods they provide their employer with. Those players would be getting the money they deserve for what they do. This would not hurt the government's money supply, since this money exchange is just between players.
- Other Information: Let me know what you think about this idea, the wage and the punishment.

Last edited:

_Epoch

Citizen
Donator
Nay. There are various companies hiring out there and setting a minimum wage might make companies not hire anyone and then the employees will lose out because companies might not afford it.

sparkleA

Citizen
I see your point, however, if we set a minimum wage that isn't too high, but just reasonable, then it should't effect most companies too much, if at all. Since companies are supposed to hire people for a fair wage, if we set a minimum wage that is a fair wage, then they should already have been following it. This motion is more directed towards companies who might be exploited new players or others that aren't sure about BC pay.

sparkleA

Citizen
Does anyone have any other issues regarding the Minimum Wage motion? Like an amount or punishment?

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
True, right now it is still a motion. Okay, how about K10 per 15 minutes. I think this would be a good price since I believe it is what tour guides get paid. However, I would still like your input. I think the punishment should be as follows:

First offence: Warning and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Second offence: Fine to the employer of K50 (half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Third offence: Fine to the employer of K100 (half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Fourth offence: Fine to the employer of K100 and second fine to the company of K100 (if there is no official company, then just a fine of K200 to employer, in any case, half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay
Fifth+ offence: Fine to the employer of K200 and second fine to the company of K200 (if there is no official company, then just a fine of K400 to employer, in any case, half goes to gov, half to employee) and 24 hours to increase the employee's pay

I would still like input as nothing is set in stone until this motion becomes a bill. I am updating the initial post with this information.

Last edited:
With the company plugin your employees get paid every 15 minutes and with the minimum wage as 1 krunas per minute that would be 15 krunas per 15 minutes. That is more than what doctors get paid.

sparkleA

Citizen
How much do doctors get paid? Also, I'm amending it to K10 for every 15 minutes, because I believe that is what tour guides make, although it might be K15

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
How much do doctors get paid? Also, I'm amending it to K10 for every 15 minutes, because I believe that is what tour guides make, although it might be K15
I think doctors make 12-ish. But add that on top of remedy costs and they make a TON of Krunas

Doctors make 10 krunas every 15 minutes and tour guides make 7 krunas every 15 minutes. Also i think that this is a bit high of a minimum wage. Remember this is minimum wage and not recommended pay. Not every job is worth that much. An example would be that a carpenter makes 12 krunas for selling furniture. If his employees get paid more than the employer this just makes people not want to hire employees.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Doctors make 10 krunas every 15 minutes and tour guides make 7 krunas every 15 minutes. Also i think that this is a bit high of a minimum wage. Remember this is minimum wage and not recommended pay. Not every job is worth that much. An example would be that a carpenter makes 12 krunas for selling furniture. If his employees get paid more than the employer this just makes people not want to hire employees.
Pretty sure that's the old pay. I think it was updated when the paychecks went to 15min

sparkleA

Citizen
Yeah, because I'm a tour guide, so I know the paycheck is 10 krunas, I just wasn't sure of the increment. I'm going to make one final decrease to 7 krunas. Also, I did the math on K9 and if a player is on for 1 hour, and rented a K300 apartment (which is a reasonable price, if not on the low side for a good place) then K324 would be 30% of their monthly income, which is the max you should be spending on rent or mortgage. But, because of your concerns, I lowered the wage. I hope this helps you guys to vote for this bill.

Last edited:

Melo

Screen Shot Melo
Banned
Donator
Nay. the price is way to high its almost as much as Gov paid jobs, and some company's are looking for players to do simpler tasks that is not worth 9 krunas every 15 minutes.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
That's still too much.
What do you want? K2 or something? Could you make a living off 2 Krunas every 15 minutes? Probably not. You're thinking too much about the company rather than the player. Nobody is going to work for a company that hardly pays anything, so really in the end the company and the player end up losing.

Last edited:

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
What do you want? K2 or something? Could you make a living off 2 Krunas every 15 minutes? Probably not. You're thinking too much about the company rather than the player. Nobody is going to work for a company that hardly pays anything, so really in the end the company and the player end up losing.
That's why this is a minimum wage bill and not a maximum wage bill.

sparkleA

Citizen
But in real life, the minimum wage is something that people can live off of. If it was less, they couldn't have an apartment, or really do well at all in the server from their job.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Of course, many people's stance on this would be "Farm or mine" but if you're looking for realism, people don't farm and mine as a side job in real life.