• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil

Citizen
Donator
- Username: NeilBuilder

- Suggestion Title
: Lower Prices for wild claims

- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.)
: The current cost to claim land in the wild is 7 krunas per block claimed. I feel that this is very high due to the following reasons. Firstly, farmers who have sheep, cows, and other animals have to pay these high prices for claims even though those jobs don't make that much money. Not to mention the animal rights laws which state that animals need no less than four blocks of space. This means that it costs a farmer 28 krunas per animal. It would take ages to make this money back. This discourages people from taking the job as a farmer and hurts the economy. Second, many people, including myself, just want to have a vacation home to get away from the city. If I had a vacation home I personally wouldn't go there often but it would cost me up to half of my money just to claim it. I would also have to pay for resources to actually build the home. It should cost me less to buy the land than the cost to build the home, which is typically how it is in the real world. Now you might say that this may lead to the wild being overrun with claims, however, the wild is a huge space of the world, I also believe that the two-month eviction for plots applies for the wild claims as well but correct me if I'm wrong. Overall, I believe this would benefit the economy, people's mental health by being able to leave the city, and would make the server more realistic.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No)
: No

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No)
:

- Additional Information
: I think that I am not the only person who would like to see this implemented. I don't really want to set a number for the new land claim prices but maybe something like 5 krunas per block. I will also be attaching a poll to this to see how people like it.

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
Wild claims have a very large capacity to return on the investment through farming. Animal farming just happens to be less profitable than crops.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Wild claims have a very large capacity to return on the investment through farming. Animal farming just happens to be less profitable than crops.
Crops still don't bring back much more than animals do. It costs 7 krunas per block of tilled land. Some crops like watermelon and pumpkins even take up two blocks. Also, most farmers don't have a lot to start with.

Last edited:

Dani99x

Citizen
Donator
This is a server that focuses greatly on economy. Therefore, you should always plan ahead for things that cost money. You should know approximately how much you will need to carry out your plans and have an efficient way to save for it. You should be saving for it rather than thinking of it as money lost.
This is important for this particular topic because the cost of claiming land is high for a good reason: There are many people who claim land in the wild, and the high price helps to prevent too many people from claiming too much land. Think of it as supply and demand. With a low cost of supply, demand would be far too high. Raising the price of supply evens out the demand.

ferre007_

Citizen
Lowering the wild claim price would have a counter effect on towns and cities. Since it would mean claiming land in the wild would cost as much per block as many of the plots costs per block in cities. This would mean less revenue for towns and cities that would again hurt the economy. For a new farmer starting out I would say start working for an already established farming company to get enough money to buy eighter a city/town plot and then have a farm underground.

And about the vacation home thing. As you know that is an extra thing, it is nothing that you really are in need of. And I think those extra things can be a bit more expensive. If you would have to spend half your balance to afford a vacation home then it's just not worth buying one. If you really wanted a vacation home you could take a bank loan and then you would be supporting another business.

And also while it is technically right that you pay 28 krunas per animal or 7 krunas per tiled land when regioning you get all the land from 0 to skybox. This means that if you have animals or farms on many layers you increase profitability and maximize profits from a small space.

So to sum up what I think. I believe we are at pretty good pricing right now. It does not have to be raised or lowered at the present moment.

Feel free to comment if I have said something that you don't agree with.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Lowering the wild claim price would have a counter effect on towns and cities. Since it would mean claiming land in the wild would cost as much per block as many of the plots costs per block in cities. This would mean less revenue for towns and cities that would again hurt the economy. For a new farmer starting out I would say start working for an already established farming company to get enough money to buy eighter a city/town plot and then have a farm underground.

And about the vacation home thing. As you know that is an extra thing, it is nothing that you really are in need of. And I think those extra things can be a bit more expensive. If you would have to spend half your balance to afford a vacation home then it's just not worth buying one. If you really wanted a vacation home you could take a bank loan and then you would be supporting another business.

And also while it is technically right that you pay 28 krunas per animal or 7 krunas per tiled land when regioning you get all the land from 0 to skybox. This means that if you have animals or farms on many layers you increase profitability and maximize profits from a small space.

So to sum up what I think. I believe we are at pretty good pricing right now. It does not have to be raised or lowered at the present moment.

Feel free to comment if I have said something that you don't agree with.
I can't lie I agree with some of what ferre says in here such as you can build from 0 to sky limit and a vacation home isn't a need. However, there are really no major farm companies that give out free space to farmers. Maybe instead of lowering the cost across the board, we could have grants that people can apply to get a discount on land they want?

Neil

Citizen
Donator
This is a server that focuses greatly on economy. Therefore, you should always plan ahead for things that cost money. You should know approximately how much you will need to carry out your plans and have an efficient way to save for it. You should be saving for it rather than thinking of it as money lost.
This is important for this particular topic because the cost of claiming land is high for a good reason: There are many people who claim land in the wild, and the high price helps to prevent too many people from claiming too much land. Think of it as supply and demand. With a low cost of supply, demand would be far too high. Raising the price of supply evens out the demand.
There is a huge area in the wild. I believe that after 2 months people lose their claims anyways. So, all inactive claims would be removed. I don't think it would make the wild overcrowded.

SpankHerobrine

Department of Construction
DoeBoy2234
DoeBoy2234
PropertyInspector
I am going to have to disagree with you. Traveling with a horse in the wilderness takes a while to find claimed land.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
Honestly, I say lowering the prices of wild plots should be done. They reason I say this is because right now I have 2 houses in the wild and I’ve been trying to sell the second one for some extra money. However, with the current pricing it cost me K1,500 to claim and after building the house it was only worth K2,000 (it was originally worth way more but then the furniture plugin was removed). After accounting for material costs, that’s only about a K300-400 profit, not including however much I lost in furniture. This makes it difficult for people who want to build a house or two in order to save for say a government plot, or building materials.

Last edited:

SpankHerobrine

DoeBoy2234
DoeBoy2234
PropertyInspector
How does this add to the argument?
''With a low cost of supply, demand would be far too high. Raising the price of supply evens out the demand.'' is not true because there are massive amounts of land yet to be claimed.

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
yeah but this is a city server and people are supposed to be on the city not the wilderness

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
yeah but this is a city server and people are supposed to be on the city not the wilderness

I understand this but here’s a counter-argument. A person may be trying to fund a town by selling houses within where the town would be. When this is done, not only does it serve as an extra source of income, it also makes the town more well known, which potentially could lead to more people wanting to make it official and help more willing to help the mayor do this.

Dani99x

Citizen
Donator
''With a low cost of supply, demand would be far too high. Raising the price of supply evens out the demand.'' is not true because there are massive amounts of land yet to be claimed.
The point of the wild is not to have it all be claimed. That is not the goal. There needs to be a large amount of unclaimed areas, otherwise no one would be able to do anything in the wild unless they have a claimed region.

SpankHerobrine

DoeBoy2234
DoeBoy2234
PropertyInspector
The point of the wild is not to have it all be claimed. That is not the goal. There needs to be a large amount of unclaimed areas, otherwise no one would be able to do anything in the wild unless they have a claimed region.
There will be a large amount of unclaimed areas whether or not the price is lowered.

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
which potentially could lead to more people wanting to make it official and help more willing to help the mayor do this.

this was encountered back then lol when players hope that their "civilization" becomes official like a town but at the end will get denied because there are already a lot of towns and even the current playerbase does not fill all those civilization

D

DoctorThunder7

OK so a few things I want to point out:

1) Even if you started an unofficial town it most likely become official or at least not where you set it up at. The DoC picks where towns go along the highway.
2) Town applications are closed.
3) What you can actually do compared to city/town plots is crazy. Lot more freedom. Comes with a price.The amount you can make from a wilderness region is insane. Most wilderness claims are farms. Massive ugly ass farm towers. Players make the money they spent to region it back fast,
4) I support increasing the Wilderness Prices to 10kr/block.

We are a city-role play server. Not a towny server. Not Man-vs-Wild.

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
I’d support a raise. Perhaps not as far as k10.

K8 would be a good middle ground and that would make it double what it is for towns and cities. Also not a dramatic rise.