How do you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Title:
Loan Protection Plot/Shop Laws

Type of Motion:
Creation

Elaboration/Reasoning:
Since most people who join the server want to make a business but don't have the funding for it, I thought this would add to the realism of the server. My suggestion is that players that give out loans would be protected by a set of laws to make the game more fair. The players who receive the loans would have to purchase some kind of plot or shop in the city. This is because if the player who received the loan does not come back online, the player who gives the loan can claim the shop/plot owned by the player who received the loan or sell it back to the government. Although there are a few problems, you might be wondering like what if the players who get loans buy stuff other than a plot or shop. Well there are three ways to do this. 1. The player will receive all items bought by that player, 2. Have the government refund their money, or 3. have the player auto purchase a plot/shop. Of course, this system can be easily abused. People who give out loans should have proof (a screenshot) that both parties have agreed on an amount of money due back in a certain amount of time.

Punishments:
If a player does not pay back the player who loaned the money, here would be the punishment system:

1st offence: The player will receive a warning to pay back the player who they received a loan from.

2nd offence: (after 1 more week of not returning the money owed) Another warning + eviction of plot/shop purchased by the player who received the loan

3rd offence: 1 week ban + eviction of plot/shop purchased by the player who received the loan

If the player who gives out the loan attempts to gain more money/scam the player who receives the loan the punishments fall under the "scamming Punishments" category.

What would Benefit from this:
The players of Businesscraft would benefit from this because it would establish a law system for players trying to create a bank type system and would benefit new players by giving them a way to start a business easier and have a more realistic feel to it.

If you see anything I missed please point it out to me. I'm glad to receive feedback and will try to implement your ideas.

Last edited:

Melo

Screen Shot Melo
Banned
Donator
I somewhat agree with this, But I think there is more potential to this. We could add a banking plugin and have credit information on every player and not just the government can own a bank, Players could potentially apply on the forums to become a bank owner, but the terms for applying is that you need a minimal credit score of 300. This would increase the economy by opening up jobs and as Trent said helping players start there business by taking loans. This will also help company owners by checking there applicants credit score to see if they are reliable or not. I think we all know how to increase your credit and there for backing up my statement.
Trent also mentioned how it would add realism, which I believe it would add even more with my "version" of this motion. Banks and bank owners can also make a profit off of this, if the client taking the loan doesn't pay it by 3 weeks he gets a notice telling them they need to pay it in 2 weeks or they will have to pay interest. The interest will differ between how much the client's loan was, if they loaned 3000 Krunas they will have to pay 10% extra meaning 300 Krunas. If they fail to pay the 10% in the week's notice then they will get another notice saying they need to pay 20% and fail to do so will result in a court sue (DoJ). They do not attend or don't say before hand they can't make that time. they will lose the court case and that specific bank will get there 120% back either its from there balance or there plot. But the client has the choice to reschedule if they are busy. but they can only reschedule between that week. and when you take the loan you can only take a certain amount depending on your credit. Most banks will have a smaller amount of money for players with low credit but, banks also have the decision to increase the amount of money for lower credit clients which will most likely give them more money in the long run. To prevent new players who aren't informed of how this law / plugin completely works we should have a rule when you apply to become a bank owner to only loan to players with 8 or more hours or playtime and also add this law / plugin in the tutorial.

Last edited: