DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
- Username: DerpGaming20_YT
- Suggestion Title: Lawyers
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Lawyers- To start, this would open a new business type on Business Craft, and its simple for the staff to work out. The idea of "Lawyers" is for players to open lawfirms and for employees of those law firms (The Lawyers) to represent clients on forum lawsuits. The lawfirms would choose the fees and what to pay their lawyers, this allows players to choose what law firm is better for the money, a cheap but low quality, for example would be good for newer players or even players who have established a life on BC who have, for example, a traffic case. Then expensive, high quality law firm would be for larger cases, richer players, or businesses.
The way this works would, idealy, the player gets into a lawsuit or feels they are mistreated by a staff. Then said player hires a lawfirm of their choice, and a lawyer is assigned to them/ or a lawfirm could have lawyers who are directly chosen by the clients(this would be good for businesses). Then, the case begins. The player informs the judge of their lawyer (if they have one). the lawyer would have the right to speak along/for the player. (both parties can have lawyers of course) and they can do so without punishment of speaking on a lawsuit which they otherwise would have no right to speak in. Then the pay, as said, is determined by the lawfirm.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No):No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: I do think players will have concerns on this system, if you do, please post a comment on this thread and I will reply. Thank you for reading.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
I have had two corporal lawyers of Elechron. Them being @Zemrit and @AlexGLife

They are already an established profession (Mainly used by entrepreneurs) but I guess making an official university role would be nice.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
We don't think Lawyers are necessary for the following reasons:
  • You can, unofficially, get someone to help you understand the law and with the formation of your lawsuit;
  • You are suing someone, so who best to present you in court than yourself (who was there when the incident happened);
  • We don't think there will be a huge demand for services of lawyers, at the moment.