xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
Title:
Jail Evasion Punishment Edit

Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation):
Edit

Elaboration & Reasoning:
I think the current punishment time is a little 'big' (1 minute evaded = 6h ban). I think what should happen is that people aren't banned but however if they log off when they are jailed and when they log back on again, they are stuck there indefinitely and need a staff member to release them.

What would benefit from this:
Depending on your view, this could be a worse or better punishment. It adds an uncertainty to the risk because you may log on next while a staff member is online but then again, if your someone like me or not online a lot: You can be stuck in there for a VERY long time.

Other Information:
None.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Like I said in the original thread:
The player could still come online without any staff online. They can still talk from the jail cell therefore they could cause trouble. Banning them would be the safest option here, and definitely something they'll remember next time.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
Well, as you know: no one in our community is stupid so I don't see why someone would cause trouble from a vulnerable position like in jail. Any player can cause trouble in chat. It is against common sense to do something that only has a negative outcome. If you're still worried about them causing trouble, just put up a sign saying please refrain from chat or <punishment> or whatever; and they will obey, trust me; they will.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
no one in our community is stupid so I don't see why someone would cause trouble from a vulnerable position like in jail.
To be honest with you... There are a fair amount of players who join that are not the brightest. Jail is not a vulnerable position. Players are still able to do whatever they want. They are also able to warp or spawn out of jail if their punishment is over.

just put up a sign saying please refrain from chat or <punishment> or whatever; and they will obey, trust me; they will.
Been there, done that. They don't obey. Half of the reason we have staff members in the first place is that people don't obey the laws already put in place.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
1. The main reason some players disobey the rules (Or as you described them as 'not so bright') is because they are okay with being punished if they break that rule and they believe it is worth that price. If they keep doing something and being punished, you know the rule/s aren't being enforced enough or the punishment isn't as harsh.

2. You don't have to add something to the plugin to make it so players are stuck if they log on, you actually remove something from the code. I'm currently completing a course for becoming a Minecraft Developer so if we have any plugin issues, I'll happily write new plugins for BC.

3. One way we can stop players from causing trouble in chat is by limiting their chat permissions to msg while in jail.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
1. If they log off while in jail when there isn't staff on that'd be hard because you'd need a new or edited plugin.

2. If they're muted, how can they alert staff to release them? Doesn't mute count msg's?

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
The staff could get a message upon login with listed jailed players. But, this bill is already as good as rejected so no use now