Aye/Nay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jake

Honorary Co-Founder
Honorary Co-Founder
Title: Impound Lot Creation
Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation
Elaboration & Reasoning: Some people seem to think it's okay to park their car wherever they are, with no consequences, and log off. See here. How unrealistic is this? All cars should either be parked in parking spaces, or be driven by the player. If they can't park their car where they should, if their car is there for more than 30 minutes(?) then their car would be towed to the impound lot, where they would pay a fee to receive their car back.
What would benefit from this: Less cars illegally parked, Government generating more money, more immersive roleplaying experience.
Other Information: This could either be done by Staff as they can pick up any cars, or we could somehow create a Tow Truck Driver job, either hooking their car onto a tow truck, or roleplay "towing it" by picking up the car and taking it to the impound.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
Aye!

If you did choose the tow job route, and the tow truckers were forced to pick up the vehicle, the slowness effect and removal of warps might be a good thing, to enhance the roleplay of it and make the drivers work for their pay.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Parking when logging off is pretty dumb in the first place because you can easily pick up your car whenever... Then you're at no risk for it being stolen or anything, whereas when you park your car anyone with a license can come up and drive away with it. But people still have to do things like park on the side of the road, or even as I've seen before, in the middle of the road unfortunately.
But there's no way to see who the car parked belongs to or how long it's been there..... So how in the world could this be possible? A random person could come pick up someone else's car from the towing company and nobody could know whose it is.

Jake

Honorary Co-Founder
Honorary Co-Founder
As I sat in the car in the given example, it told me exactly whose car it was. The time limit suggested was only as I said, a suggestion. This could be modified, plus it could be used as a guideline, not a specific time limit. Say someone parks there for 25 minutes, you could have it towed anyway. Something like that.
On top of that, I'm pretty sure you can only drive others' cars with the appropriate permission, meaning no cars would get stolen.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
This is correct. Default members may only enter other player's cars on one of two conditions:
- They have a permission set, which default members do not
- The owner of the car is inside of it, in which the player can only be a passenger

nathan300

Doctor
Donator
Honestly I don't see that many illegal parkings maybe because I don't explore but, with he valid information I vote Aye