GoodMorning9's Election Post (June 2021)

• Your username: GoodMorning9
  • Your activity on the server: At least 16 days
  • When you joined the server: April 2020
  • Why you think you are suited to be a Member of Parliament: As a lawyer I am experienced with the law. I regularly look at lawsuits and I read new laws posted. During the last election people commented saying I was not involved enough with server politics. Since then, I have become more active on discord and the forums and I have become more active in discord political discussions. I am very willing to hear the opinions of all players and take citizen ideas for laws. I have been in the server for over a year and I think I understand the server very well. I think I am a good candidate to be an MP.
  • What kind of laws would you vote for/against: I think that parliament should be more active and should create more laws, however I think we definentely need to avoid creating laws just for the sake of showing progress. Laws are meant to solve problems and make the server better not help an MP boost their resume. These are some ideas I would be interested in seeing and would consider trying to make law if I was an MP:
1. Get Rid of Gov Mall or at Least Make Major Changes
The Gov mall is not really in use, it is a large piece of land in a good area and could really be used better. Unless some major changes are made the Government mall should really be repourposed as something else, the government could do a lot with that land.
2. Reforms to The farming district
Being a farmer just isn't that profitable anymore. This is partially because rent is a bit high in the farming district. The server still needs food and the oppurtunity to provide easy jobs for new players. Though there are still plenty of farmers, there is normally a lot of unrented land in the farming district. I think that lowering rent prices in the district or repourposing some of the unrented land could be helpful.
3. Possible Changes to the Suburbs
The suburbs used to be a hotspot for real estate transactions and property development. Now, suburbs properties struggle to get any interest and when they go up for auction some get no bids at all. There are frequentely suburbs properties that just stay for sale from the government with no interested buyers. Easing restrictions on suburbs plots and possibly lowering the cost and resell of plots from the government could help with this problem. Lowering costs would make plots on sale from the government more worth it, and would make reselling back to the government happen less often.

Thank You for Reading my Campaign post and I hope you vote for me!

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
I think that parliament should be more active and should create more laws, however I think we definentely need to avoid creating laws just for the sake of showing progress. Laws are meant to solve problems and make the server better not help an MP boost their resume.
Honestly this is facts

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
My question is just if you're gonna answer questions this time around and not just ghost the replies on this post?

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
1. Get Rid of Gov Mall or at Least Make Major Changes
The Gov mall is not really in use, it is a large piece of land in a good area and could really be used better. Unless some major changes are made the Government mall should really be repourposed as something else, the government could do a lot with that land.
can you elaborate on this with specific ideas for changes?

can you elaborate on this with specific ideas for changes?
I would like to see the following changes in the gov mall:
I would start by making sure all stores are evicted because I think there are some that are unrented but have lots of chests in them, then I would definentely lower rents, move gov shops to lower floors so you don't need to take a lot of stairs to get to them and they are easier to find for new players, Make sure all sections of gov shops are open, and that the prices in gov shops are updated to more closely match current market prices (Of course still with selling prices a bit lower than market price and buying prices a bit higher), and possibly update the design of the mall a bit.
Thank you for your question!

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
I would like to see the following changes in the gov mall:
I would start by making sure all stores are evicted because I think there are some that are unrented but have lots of chests in them, then I would definentely lower rents, move gov shops to lower floors so you don't need to take a lot of stairs to get to them and they are easier to find for new players, Make sure all sections of gov shops are open, and that the prices in gov shops are updated to more closely match current market prices (Of course still with selling prices a bit lower than market price and buying prices a bit higher), and possibly update the design of the mall a bit.
how would you as an MP accomplish this? all of those changes are under DoE or DoC jurisdiction.

how would you as an MP accomplish this? all of those changes are under DoE or DoC jurisdiction.
You are right, I would encourage the DoE and DoC to do so whether or not I am an MP, and I would try to coordinate with those departments if I was an MP, but ultimately you are right parliament does not have jurisdiction over that I apologize for the confusion.

_Pastel_Ghost_

Holly
Donator
_Pastel_Ghost_
_Pastel_Ghost_
tier5
May I ask, why do you think lowering the prices of suburbs plot be beneficial to both the economy and the retention of suburbs plots? What information do you have on the frequency of how plots are sold? Surely owning a suburbs plot should be seen as a goal to work towards?

I think lowering suburbs plot prices will help by making suburbs plots more accessible for newer players. I don't want prices significantly lowered but I think that a slight reduction could help. A reduction could help make plots more affordable for newer players. I don't have any specific data on how often plots are used but I have seen that there are often plots that are on sale from the government that people don't want to buy. I think that a reduction of prices from the government could make suburbs houses a more attractive investment.

seanboi

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
seanboi
seanboi
Lawyer
I think lowering suburbs plot prices will help by making suburbs plots more accessible for newer players. I don't want prices significantly lowered but I think that a slight reduction could help. A reduction could help make plots more affordable for newer players. I don't have any specific data on how often plots are used but I have seen that there are often plots that are on sale from the government that people don't want to buy. I think that a reduction of prices from the government could make suburbs houses a more attractive investment.
I would disagree since most newer players get on, buy some stuff, then vanish

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
do you really believe a house is something a new player should be able to afford after just a couple days? there are dozens of cheap apartments for rent all over the server.

furthermore, a suburbs plot is roughly in the range of 4k -6k. how much cheaper are you suggesting?

seanboi

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
seanboi
seanboi
Lawyer
i disagree with goodmorning. suburb houses are already at very low demand so if you lower the price, everyone will have one and as soon as someone sells one, nobody will want to buy it because everybody has one.

do you really believe a house is something a new player should be able to afford after just a couple days? there are dozens of cheap apartments for rent all over the server.

furthermore, a suburbs plot is roughly in the range of 4k -6k. how much cheaper are you suggesting?
After a few days of playtime it is easily possible, I would really only suggest lowering prices by maybe 200- 600 per house, Its really more about lostening restrictions

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
Thats why I suggested easing restrictions so more people will own them
I think the main problem with suburb houses is a general lack of attention from PIs. So many reports are on either city plots or rent regions that the suburbs get comparably fewer reports meaning alot of houses are owned by players who have either quit or are extremely inactive.

I think the main problem with suburb houses is a general lack of attention from PIs. So many reports are on either city plots or rent regions that the suburbs get comparably fewer reports meaning alot of houses are owned by players who have either quit or are extremely inactive.
I agree that what you mentioned is a big problem, I think a solution to that problem would be very helpful and I will look into it