Dusty_3
Lawyer
- Minecraft Username: Dusty_3

- Playtime:
30d 4h

- Discord Username:
Dusty#2978

- Describe your experience with Stratham's economy and business sectors:
I began my time on Stratham in 2019 with an Ore Store situated in the mall. During this time we saw the decline in Strathams economy already, and many businesses began leaving. I spent much of my time talking with the community about ways to help grow the economy, even making a suggestion here: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/government-shop.6150/#post-30802. Being only 14 at the time, I look back now with the realisation of how much I have grown since then. I have greatly improved my knowledge of how business and economies improve. I believe this economy can bounce back, however, in my opinion, it's going to take unpopular steps to make meaningful change, but the end result will please most and benefit all.

- What new ideas can you bring to the department?
During my time on other City RP servers, I created some economic programs, mostly tax programs, as a way to help circulate money through the economy. It never had a chance to properly perform, but what it did was act as a way to circulate money from the government to the active citizens. Property tax, pruning tax and sales tax were the ones focused on. However, these methods alone won't help our economy. I believe a healthy plot circulation between players would be beneficial, which would allow new businesses to get a plot or rent one. The more opportunities we give to citizens wanting to start a business, the more chances we have of businesses succeeding. Once businesses start succeeding, players will rely on each other to grow the economy, rather than reliance on government handouts. Furthermore, we should encourage business ownership (such as making it easy to start an official business, to more perks/grants for businesses.). The key is to get as many businesses up and running and eventually a small business will grow to become a large corporation, which invites much-needed competition to our market.

- Why do you want to work for the DoE?
The DoE will allow me to grow my career in Stratham as well as allow me to have a positive impact on this server. The more i can make it enjoyable for all players, the more I get to enjoy the server.

I hope to work with the DoE, and help grow the servers economy!

Thank you!

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator

Accepted

Congratulations, Dusty_3! Your application for Economy Secretary has been accepted.