Answered / Added Drug Plugin

Should drugs be added?

• No I do not support drugs being on the server no matter what.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Yes I support this suggestion.

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • I do not support this suggestion but I want drugs on the server.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not quite sure you get what I’m saying lol

I don’t think video games will have the effect on someone’s life that you’ve described in a previous post... getting fined by Minecraft police will have a negligible effect on one’s decision to do drugs
When you pick out one thing I say out of multiple paragraphs of course it's going to sound dumb. By having anti-drug messages, police arresting people showing them it's not a good thing to do then yes a child will learn from that. It might not be substantial but there is something to be learned from getting arrested in a video game. You see someone get muted in Minecraft for swearing and they might think the next time they say something. I definitely have cut down on swearing since I started following rules/laws on this server. You allow this into the server and show children that it's bad then everyone can enjoy it even the ones who say drugs are horrible. Do we know the age of everyone on the server? I know that most are capable of knowing right and wrong in real life even if something is allowed in a video game.

Just because it’s something that some teenage+ kids want doesn’t mean it’s good for the server. There are quite a few younger people who play on BC and it would be a bad influence to them. Like Kat said, wouldn’t it just be better to not add them at all then to add them and “teach a lesson”? It’s like all the vaping stuff, just because kids like it and do it doesn’t mean it healthy or the right thing to do, wouldn’t you agree?
Can you show me the demographic of the server? Oh right it does not exist because we aren't keeping track of everyones age. Minecraft was released 2009 which was 10 years ago and sales have not risen much since the peek of Minecraft. Therefor that means the majority of Minecraft players are usually a bit older and wise enough to know not to do drugs because of something in a video game. If a child is allowed on the internet and able to communicate then I believe their parents trust them enough to not do something because of a video game. You are comparing something kids do in real life to adding a separate thing in a video game for the enjoyment of mature players. I'm done talking about a subject I have covered in multiple paragraphs and even linked a study done by a university. You all can claim I don't read but it's very obvious what you are doing currently.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
You see someone get muted in Minecraft for swearing and they might think the next time they say something.
In future instances on the Minecraft server, sure. But I can guarantee you that sure as hell didn’t work for me in relation to real life, and I’m sure it won’t for others. If violent video games don’t affect children, how will getting arrested on a Minecraft server help them?

Corax

Citizen
Donator
Don't you feel like it's unnecessary? Well people know it's unnecessary. We already have alcohol. Is it not enough? This server is thriving for a good community that shows some average maturity. If you wanted drugs, then you can play on another server with it. There's many out there. Drugs influence people in real life AND in video games. We have kids playing, too. Our ages don't affect the influence of drugs from anything. Yeah, drugs do promote realism but I believe that having something like that on the server. You say children can learn from doing drugs then afterwards getting arrested. No! Hell. NO. Toxic, from my view. It's a stupid suggestion. Next time you would like to compare this server to reality, think about the pros and cons. :) also, dont even dare to compare our player count! We don't need to have a toxic community to bring more players in!

Kat

flower girl
Donator
All cabinet members have given their opinion on this suggestion and all are against the addition of drugs. The reason being it is a representation of the bad parts of real-life communities, it doesn’t make sense to add something just for it to be illegal, and although you have suggested drugs that aren’t considered as harmful as alcohol, they are still called “drugs” and anchored to the general meaning. Cabinet agrees that we should have restrictions on alcohol since you’re not wrong that it is worse than drugs in real life so there will be a discussion of adding either IDs, playtime requirement, or a join date requirement. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.