Answered / Added Department of the Interior

Do you think this should be added?

• Total voters

kcolyz

Spaceman
Donator
- Username: kcolyz
- Suggestion Title: creation of the Department of the Interior
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): In the real life, the US Department of the Interior is a department that deals with land management, reclamation, fish and wildlife, affairs with natives, national park, surface mining reclamation and enforcement and geological surveys. Of course, not all of these are needed, but some should be. For example, the national park service. If this department was added, and players or staff of the department stumbled across a "beautiful" untouched biome or area in the wild, they could submit an application request to have it surveyed and possibly be changed into a national park. In these national parks, it would be illegal to modify, break or create anything in the park. Players could take 'vacations' to these parks, to tour them and to look at them. This would provide realism to the RP part of this server, possibly profit for the department, and a new job: Park Ranger. Park Ranger would be a government job, like the doctor and tour guide. Players would patrol the parks and making sure they stayed intact. Here's the thing, players would be able to build and destroy in the park, but it's disallowed, making the Park Ranger job actually important. This would add a whole new layer of gameplay to the server.

We would also deal with the preservation of looks of some lands, for example, outside the two wild warps, it is utter chaos. Broken blocks, griefed buildings and more. The Department would "spend money" to fix these areas and restore them to their once natural beauty.

There's many other things this Department could amount to, but, I won't list them here, as the post might get very long.

Thank you.

Edit: Koalition, you said that "the DOC builds parks", but, national parks are not built, but preserved, there's no building needed except the visitor center, which would be small and easy to create.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: none

Last edited:

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
I think in the future this should definitely be mentioned again when a lot of the natural landscape and resources around the vicinity of the capital city are used up, however I do not think this would be a necessary addition as of now.

kcolyz

Spaceman
Donator
I think in the future this should definitely be mentioned again when a lot of the natural landscape and resources around the vicinity of the capital city are used up, however I do not think this would be a necessary addition as of now.
Thank you for your input, but I still think it should be added because not only just around the capital, but around the wild warps and outwards. Catch said he'll bring it up to Parliament! : )

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Given the fact that a national parks bill was already denied I don't feel that this is completely necessary. The landscape around the wild warps is going to be a disaster regardless of how much land is restored or how much land is protected. This would be a waste of time and resources for an utterly useless cause.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
There’s actually a region of land that I regioned with floating islands because I wanted to preserve it and it happens to be located right next to the capital city. Would be very interested in conserving that land.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
Very interesting idea
I love it and am all about it but I still don't think its possible due to were a pretty populated citylined city with few wilderness areas rounding us.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I personally don't see much use of this however I do not have the ability to create new Government Departments without Parliament's approval. I'm marking this suggestion as Answered. You are more than welcome to message a Member of Parliament and ask them to bring this up to Parliament.