Guide Chest Shops

BusinessCraft

Server Account
How to make a Shop
  • Place a chest on the ground
  • Place a sign 1 block away from the chest (i.e above it, in front of it by holding shift etc.);
    • First line of the sign will be filled automatically by your name, therefore you should leave it empty;
    • On the second line you write the amount of blocks they receive for a specified amount of money;
    • The third line is the price line. You need to have a price indicator (like 'B' - price that will apply to items BOUGHT by PLAYERS - or 'S' - the SELL price) near the price. You can also combine them by separating the prices with a colon (:). Some of the possible price combinations: "B 10:5 S", "B 5" etc.;
    • The forth line holds information on what the item being sold is. You can find out the name of the item you're holding by doing /iteminfo. You can also place a '?' for it to automatically fill in the item.
Examples:
brAdWhv.png

This sign indicates that a player is selling 10 Iron Ingots for 70 Krunas.

XShLcO0.png

This sign indicates that a player is selling 64 Quartz Blocks for 90 Krunas and that they are buying 64 Quartz Blocks for 50 Krunas.

Commands and Usage
  • You can right click to buy from a shop and left click to sell to a shop.
  • By default once you make a shop you will be notified (if you're online) if a player bought from your shop. To toggle those messages, you can do /cstoggle.
  • If the first line says Government Shop or Government, it means you can buy from/sell to the Government.
  • In case you're selling customized items, such as enchanted items, written books, banners, enchanted tools or renamed items, you need to do /iteminfo whilst holding the item for the exact ID for that items.
Note: Chest Shops have a 20% sales tax. Players holding a CEO Qualification are exempt from this tax.

Example: Player A is selling one Diamond for 100kr. Player B buys the Diamond, so Player A receives 80kr.
The 20kr (20% of 100kr) that Player A has not received goes to the government as tax. If Player A were a CEO, they would have earned 10kr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alyaja

Citizen
Actually update to the chest shop thing its "Written Book:***" the *** is the highlighted in yellow/orange three last numbers/letters in /iteminfo like the starting book would be
"farmgirl7"
"1"
"B 1"
"Writen Book:#6o"

To sell so yah

Croldfish

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
Croldfish
Croldfish
EconomySecretary
Is there any way to share ownership of a chest shop

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
Is there any way to share ownership of a chest shop
Unfortunately no, the plugin that allows /cmodify is opposed to the chest shop plugin, so only one person is allowed to own the chest shop and use it. To my knowledge, someone please correct me if I'm incorrect!~
~Fern

a couple questions for selling books in the library. I want to sell more than one copy of a book. but each book has a different iteminfo. And what is a good set price for fiction work? I want to make a living but I don't know if people are willing to spend hundreds of krunas on a 8 page book.

Jemizzy

Citizen
Jemizzy
Jemizzy
a couple questions for selling books in the library. I want to sell more than one copy of a book. but each book has a different iteminfo. And what is a good set price for fiction work? I want to make a living but I don't know if people are willing to spend hundreds of krunas on a 8 page book.
books aren't worth much, as a writer myself, some people can't even sell books for 20kr (in the crafting menu u can put a book and a written book in there to make a copy of the original to sell

adarHD

Department of Agriculture
Department of Economy
adarHD
adarHD
EconomySecretary
it doesnt really work for elevators

adarHD

Department of Economy