Citizen
Donator
Hello Parliament!

- Title:
Car laws

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):
Edit

- Elaboration & Reasoning:

Right now breaking car laws result in a warning and a fine, I think this is too harsh as cars cannot affect anyone or anything. I believe the punishment for breaking car laws should be multiple demerits leading up to a warning. These warnings that are now in place eventually add up to an auto ban when they really have done nothing wrong and that’s why I wish to change it. As of right now players and mods can report players for breaking car laws. My idea: when a player breaks one of the current car laws they will receive a specific number of "demerit" points on their record, these will be kept by the DoJ in their files. Each player will be given up to a 10 demerit limit being fined for each one. Once a player reaches this limit by breaking these laws they will receive a warning. Each demerit is like an almost harmless warning, that all leads up to a real warning on their permanent record.

- Other Information:
The fines should be k25 for each offense after they hit 10 then they can recieve a warning​

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
I like this! I don’t think the demerit points should reset though, I think they should stay. Here’s why. If one player gets 9 demerit points in 4 months, but on the first day of the 5th month, they get another one, they haven’t really changed, they’ve just gotten off free. I think demerit points should stay forever, but lead up to a warning after 10.

Reactions: Kat

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I like this! I don’t think the demerit points should reset though, I think they should stay. Here’s why. If one player gets 9 demerit points in 4 months, but on the first day of the 5th month, they get another one, they haven’t really changed, they’ve just gotten off free. I think demerit points should stay forever, but lead up to a warning after 10.
Agreed, thanks for pointing this out, I will edit it.

Fadez_Senpai

Citizen
perhaps a double demerit system on public holidays just a thought
also in Australia we have a good behaviour system ill quote it below

Double or Nothing
' is an option where eligible drivers who have accrued 12 or more demerit points can elect once they have been served an Excessive Demerit Points Notice. By electing the Double or Nothing option a driver can continue to drive on a 12 month Good Behaviour Period.

However, if a driver accrues more than one demerit point in the 12 month Good Behaviour Period or if they commit an offence which results in a disqualification period, they will be disqualified for double the original disqualification period.

By electing to undertake the Double or Nothing option you will not be disqualified from driving, which would normally happen when accruing 12 or more demerit points. Although you can continue to drive, for the next 12 months you must not commit any further driving offences.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I like the idea of this, now when you try to drive (Which is next to impossible) you'll hardly get any warnings :D