Citizen
Donator
Hello Parliament!

- Title:
Car Laws

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):
Edit

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
Right now breaking car laws result in a warning and a fine, I think this is too harsh as cars cannot affect anyone or anything. I believe the punishment for breaking car laws should be only fines and no warnings because as of right now warnings are being put on players records for really no reason. These warnings would eventually add up to an auto ban when they really have done nothing wrong. As of right now, it is kind of hard to enforce these laws and catch people committing these crimes. I suggest that players can report other players if they see these laws being broken. They would report these players in a simillair way to reporting players that have killed you.

- Other Information:
Please let me know if you have any questions or improvements to this motion.​

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Same. Is it even possible for cars
To harm players??? Also, sparks is right, cars are very laggy and are hard to drive :o

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
cars cannot affect anyone or anything
Cars affect a lot. Mostly, they affect the travel time between locations.

warnings are being put on players records for really no reason
Staff members don't give warnings for no reason. If you believe this has happened to you, feel free to contact a supervisor of that staff member.

These warnings would eventually add up to an auto ban when they really have done nothing wrong
You don't acquire warnings for no reason. The only way to acquire a warning is doing something wrong. The warnings justify the ban perfectly.

As of right now, it is kind of hard to enforce these laws
It is pretty easy to enforce these laws. As you have not been a staff member, you wouldn't necessarily know.

and catch people committing these crimes
Catching people committing crimes is not our goal as a staff team. Our goal is to assist the players of the server with whatever they may need.

I suggest that players can report other players if they see these laws being broken
I like this idea.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Cars affect a lot. Mostly, they affect the travel time between locations.
I meant to state they do not harm anyone or anything or put anyone in danger.

Staff members don't give warnings for no reason. If you believe this has happened to you, feel free to contact a supervisor of that staff member.
I am saying that since cars do not harm anyone or anything, warnings are unnecessary. Which is why I bring up that players should only be fined.

You don't acquire warnings for no reason. The only way to acquire a warning is doing something wrong. The warnings justify the ban perfectly.
Again this does not harm players in any way but is instead a way to make the server more realistic. This is why players should only be fined. I am not saying they should get away with this, just that the punishment is too harsh as of now for something that really harms no one.

It is pretty easy to enforce these laws. As you have not been a staff member, you wouldn't necessarily know.

I only put this in as I have gotten various comments in private that these laws are not enforced very well. This has been from staff themselves.

Catching people committing crimes is not our goal as a staff team. Our goal is to assist the players of the server with whatever they may need.

I never said it was the staff members goal.

I like this idea.

The only thing you like. lol

I am just explaining your comments. Thank you.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
How can you explain my comments when you don't know what I'm thinking?
Btw... You can't is the answer you're looking for.
Look I was just trying to elaborate more on your comments. explaining them, bc a lot of them you assumed something and i was explaining it more. Do you have a problem with that? cause I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with me doing that.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
Just to add something random (I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with anyone) cars are quite hard to control if you ride the fastest car, there is no chance you'll drive on the correct side of the road (Or even on the road)

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I agree that it is very hard to steer, and you get punished for doing absolutely no damage when you drive badly (or lag).

uCars doesn't have any of these issues....

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I agree that it is very hard to steer, and you get punished for doing absolutely no damage when you drive badly (or lag).

uCars doesn't have any of these issues....
Nice little hint slime (uCars doesn't have any of these issues) and this is exactly what I'm trying to point out here.