Bill: Rejected Ban the Use of Open Containers In the City

BigBen9999

Citizen
-Title: Ban the Use of Open Containers In the City
- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning: If you do not know what an open container is, it is a drink that you are drinking outside of a bar or pub. I believe that open containers should be banned from the streets and be kept inside bars because I have heard stories of people drinking alcohol in their cars and on the streets and cause quite a disturbance. I believe it will also make the server more realistic. It may also profit bar and pub owners more because people will stay in the pubs and possibly buy more drinks. The Open Containers would be any of the alcoholic drinks sold by brewers. Brewers would need to watch who they sell the alcoholic drinks to and make sure that they stay in the pub and not out on the streets. If the customer goes out on the street despite a warning or if someone catches someone on the streets with the drink or a symptom of the alcohol, they can screenshot and report the player(s) on the forums. If someone is reported, they would receive a small fine the first 1 or 3 times and if they are reported multiple times, they may face a fine and possible jail time.
- What would benefit from this: The server would seem more realistic because many cities do not allow open containers on their streets. Players could be safer because there would be no drunks on the streets or driving cars anymore. Brewers could make more money from people buying drinks.
- Other Information: Higher Officials would decide on what the fines and jail time would be.

So what your saying is to punish players who still have effects of alcohol? The effects wears off after a long time and it would be annoying to have to stay in a bar until they are gone. I don't think bars and pubs would gain from this because if you can't leave the place until the effects are gone, then people wouldn't buy drinks in the first place.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
b7FsCvggTJuz8I7uh2pYQQ.png

sparkleA

Citizen
I believe people should be able to be drunk on the streets of BC, because it takes a while to stop being drunk. However, I think that if this motion was just against drinking on the streets and not driving drunk I would be all for it. Although, if drunk people could just put [message] then I believe it doesn't mess up the chat. But I will only say Aye if the bit about people BEING drunk on the streets as long as they aren't driving is removed. Driving drunk however, should be illegal for realism.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I believe people should be able to be drunk on the streets of BC, because it takes a while to stop being drunk. However, I think that if this motion was just against drinking on the streets and not driving drunk I would be all for it. Although, if drunk people could just put [message] then I believe it doesn't mess up the chat. But I will only say Aye if the bit about people BEING drunk on the streets as long as they aren't driving is removed. Driving drunk however, should be illegal for realism.
Driving drunk is already illegal.

sparkleA

Citizen
I know that you can't drive dangerously, but that is reckless driving, not drunk driving. Right? I've never had alcoholic drinks on the server, but I'm not sure if it does anything to your driving ability, does it? If not, then it would just be a matter of the chat for realism on the road.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I know that you can't drive dangerously, but that is reckless driving, not drunk driving. Right? I've never had alcoholic drinks on the server, but I'm not sure if it does anything to your driving ability, does it? If not, then it would just be a matter of the chat for realism on the road.
It does, because being drunk can cause nausea and temporary blindness, therefore distorting and/or blocking your view of the road.