In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 04/06/23

Angelia33
HunterHoLLP (Ryan_88 Representing)

v.

Lootlover43

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:

Lootlover43 on the day of April 5th of this year sold to my client what appears to be 16 authentic vaccine prescriptions from the Department of Health for 100kr each reaching a total amount of 1600kr. My client later on noticed that these books are in fact fraudulent, a copy of original books sold by the Department of Health.

II. Parties
1. Angelia33
2. Lootlover43

III. Sequence of Events
1. Lootlover43 reaches out to my client through private messages asking if my client was interested in buying 16 vaccine prescriptions for 100kr each.
2. My client then agrees and lootlover43 suggests they both go to spawn to exchange the items.
3. My client sends lootlover43 1600kr for 16 vaccine prescriptions.
4. My client then realizes the books are a fake and indeed a copy of the original.

IV. Claims for Relief
1. Under the Crime Reform Act, scamming is defined as "The act of intentionally deceiving an individual through dishonest means in order to deprive them of their money or belongings". Lootlover43 led intentionally made fraudulent copies of the Department of Health's Vaccine Prescriptions in order to cause my client to lose money.
2. The cost to make a fraudulent copy of vaccine prescriptions is way less than 100kr. You simply require a REAL vaccine prescription and a book and quill.

V. Damages
1. We request 1600kr originally paid to lootlover43 to be paid back to my client.
2. Lootlover43 to receive the punishment for scamming as stated in the Crime Reform Act.
3. We additionally request 500kr in legal fees from Lootlover43.

I have attached the chat logs of evidence from the day this incident occurred, the timestamp it occurs at within the document is [17:16:40]. Additionally, I have attached a screenshot of the fraudulent vaccine prescriptions.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• converted_fileproinfo_2023-04-05-2.txt
    138.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2023-04-06 170358.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-06 170358.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 20

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Lootlover43, or a representative of the defendant has 48 hours to take the stand. If a response is not submitted in that time frame, the case will close in the plaintiff’s favor.

HeisenKurg

Citizen
why would they think they were real if the hospital is the only way to get them and why would i sell those for over 150% less than what i bought them for? +you can see in the book preview where it said 'copy of original' when i used @hand to show them the book before i recived any money

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
@HeisenKurg, I assume you are Lootlover43. I just want to remind you that you are entitled to legal representation. If you cannot find your own, the courts can assist you with obtaining legal counsel. You have 48 hours to respond.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
As I stated before in the other lawsuit that was posted, you have 24 hours to post a defense. You can do so, as I’m being lenient considering this is your first legal proceeding, or you can continue in the same manner with which you’ve begun, and see what consequences await that behavior.

IAmA_MoronXD

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
IAmA_MoronXD
IAmA_MoronXD
Lawyer
Good afternoon your honor, may I please get an extension on this case? I was contacted last night and I haven’t had enough time to review the case, thank you.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Are you the lawyer that was contacted for this case? If so, how much of an extension do you need?

IAmA_MoronXD

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
IAmA_MoronXD
IAmA_MoronXD
Lawyer
Yes, your honor sorry for the confusion. I'm defending Lootlover43 in this case, I ask the court to provide me with at max 24 hours. For the sake of moving the case forward, I understand if I'm provided with less time. Thank you.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
You have a 24 hour extension to post a defense.

IAmA_MoronXD

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
IAmA_MoronXD
IAmA_MoronXD
Lawyer
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 4/13/22

Angelia33

v.

LootLover43

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
1. A law was created regarding this after this case was posted which suggests that what occurred here was within the law.
In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Ryan_88

Deputy Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister of State
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Deputy Prime Minister
Your honor, may I respond to the motion to dismiss?

Ryan_88

Deputy Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister of State
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Deputy Prime Minister
ANSWER TO MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 04/13/2023

Angelia33

v.

Lootlover43

I. Answer to Motion To Dismiss

1. "A law was created regarding this after this case was posted which suggests that what occurred here was within the law."

As said by the defense, a law that was created recently which I assume to be the Counterfeit medicines act although I may be wrong due to the defense providing not a single shred of evidence. This new law has absolutely nothing to do with this case whatsoever. The creation of this new law does not suggest at all that anything happened here was within the law, however it suggests that what happened here was entirely unjust and is to ensure that next time someone like Lootlover43 decides to commit such an act, they can be punished properly.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
The motion to dismiss is overruled. The defense has 48 hours to put forward a response.

Ryan_88

Deputy Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister of State
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Deputy Prime Minister
Your honor, the defense has failed to respond entirely. I don't wish to come off as rushing the court but could we please have an update?

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
I apologize for the major delay in responding to this case.

The plaintiff claims that the defendant knowingly scammed Angelia33, while the defense claims that the burden of knowing the authenticity of an item is the plaintiff's responsibility. The defense additionally claims that since a law punishing the offense was made after the offense was committed, the offense was not illegal, and therefore cannot be prosecuted.

The plaintiff responded with the statement "the creation of this new law does not suggest at all that anything happened here was within the law, however it suggests that what happened here was entirely unjust..." It is the belief of the court that the statement made by the defense is a dangerous way of thinking. Scamming is an umbrella law, and specifying for a particular offense does not make the action no longer fall under the umbrella. Creating a new law to specify actions or punishments for an offense under a preexisting umbrella does not make it so the offense was never under that umbrella.

That is, while the court will not charge the defendant with the new law that was created as a reaction to their actions, the court believes that those actions were under the umbrella term of scamming. Scamming is defined as “The act of intentionally deceiving an individual through dishonest means in order to deprive them of their money or belongings.” I believe this applies in this case.

Therefore, the court sides with the plaintiff in this case, and will be granting the requested damages in full. The defense is ordered to pay back the k1,600 to Angelia33, pay an additional k500 for legal fees, and will be fined k500 and receive 5 minutes of jail time. I trust the Department of Justice to carry this out.

Thank you.