Bill: Rejected Allow Players to Open Independent Hospitals in Player Owned Cities

BigBen9999

Citizen
- Title: Allow players to Open Independent Hospitals in Player Owned Cities
- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation):
Creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning:
The hospital/disease plugin is probably one of the best plugins on the server. Whenever a player gets sick or injured, the go to the hospital by spawn. If you have not heard already, there is a new town system on the server. Players would buy land from the government for their towns. Well the towns that are owned by players may be used a lot. Instead of having to go all the way to spawn and back to that town, I think that players should be able to open up their own independent hospitals in player owned cities only. The hospitals would be required to charge the same or a little more than the current hospital at spawn does. Players would have to supply their medicines and pay for the construction or build their own hospital according to what the city it is in requires. ONLY doctors would be able to open hospitals.
- What would benefit from this:
Players would save lots of time when they become sick or injured in player owned cities by going to their local hospital instead of going all the way to the town. It may also help the infrastructure of the towns and make them more modern.
- Other Information:
Even though there is like 1 town right now, I think it is time to decide what new laws and accessibilities for the towns because I anticipate that with the new law many new towns may be popping up soon!

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Although the idea is good, I can see it getting abused. Hospitals currently don't have to charge anything, and therefore can be taken advantage of by any doctor.

I think this is a great idea. Although I do think that limitations and restrictions may need to be added such as pricing, approval from the government, and rules to ensure pay for the doctors who are working there. I also think that if guidelines to making city related things were made it would cause less confusion and make it easier to understand what is required to make a city hospital.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Overall, I don't see the good in this. You can already make pharmacies and other health-related businesses to care for patients anyway.

sparkleA

Citizen
I think there would have to be some kind of server test to prove that it is only doctors opening hospitals. I would only support this if there is a clear way to enforce limitations and if the pricing is exactly equal to the government hospital. If it is more expensive, some players might not know that it is more and would get ripped off. If it is less expensive, everyone would go there and the owner would get too much money from it.

Well the main problem I see in this is that the rules regarding how doctors treat patients are centered around the doctors making profit. The only point to having another hospital in a new town or city would be the location. I would say aye on this if this bill if it adds a list of required components to make a hospital. I'll draft a list of requirements that could possibly be added.

BigBen9999

Citizen
Well the main problem I see in this is that the rules regarding how doctors treat patients are centered around the doctors making profit. The only point to having another hospital in a new town or city would be the location. I would say aye on this if this bill if it adds a list of required components to make a hospital. I'll draft a list of requirements that could possibly be added.
Since you are a hospital sec what things do u think should be added to requirements?

BigBen9999

Citizen
I think there would have to be some kind of server test to prove that it is only doctors opening hospitals. I would only support this if there is a clear way to enforce limitations and if the pricing is exactly equal to the government hospital. If it is more expensive, some players might not know that it is more and would get ripped off. If it is less expensive, everyone would go there and the owner would get too much money from it.
It will probably be the same price as the hospital but maybe not.

BigBen9999

Citizen
Overall, I don't see the good in this. You can already make pharmacies and other health-related businesses to care for patients anyway.
To be honest have u seen any pharmacies besides the hospital? So you are saying that If you are in a town far away and you get sick that you would rather go to spawn instead of having one a block away?

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
What is the law you are trying to pass? It's not illegal to sell remedies already, so how is this important. There is nothing stopping you to build an independent hospital in a town and sell remedies.

Actually selling remidies is illegal. One of my tasks as a Hospital Sec. Is to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. This is why a hospital system needs to be set up instead of players just selling cures.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
What do you mean by "player-owned"? Do you mean the little, unofficial communities scattered around the Wilderness? Or an official City? Because an official City would work with the DoH to make a hospital, most likely.

Well some of the requirements to authorize a player made hospital is that they have the following:
A stock room that their doctors can get the supplies to make cures(not the cures themselves)

Have all of the rules applied to the DoH(as slime mentioned before that they would need to work with the DoH to be approved) The rules applied mostly consist of not using the stock room for personal purposes, not treating patients, or selling cures themselves. Although the only drawback would be that the doctors would still be played by the government if the player made hospitals were to be part of the DoH and therefore all doctors would need access to the stock room and other essential things to curing patients. Most of the profit that the player who owns the hospital would come from doctors who buy supplies from them and could adjust the pricing within reason. The could also be used to make towns easier to live in due to distances and other problems some player might have.

I kind of agree with slime here. Player Owned hospitals shouldn't be a thing but players can build hospitals in their towns to give medical care. The hospitals would been owned by the government but it is the players job to keep them running and stocked if they want the privilege of having a hospital
In a town or city. Also these hospitals would need to be approved by the DoH.

BigBen9999

Citizen
I kind of agree with slime here. Player Owned hospitals shouldn't be a thing but players can build hospitals in their towns to give medical care. The hospitals would been owned by the government but it is the players job to keep them running and stocked if they want the privilege of having a hospital
In a town or city. Also these hospitals would need to be approved by the DoH.
That is practically what I am saying but I believe that the players should still make some profit from it

sparkleA

Citizen
I do not believe players should make any profit. Helping hurt or injured players by selling them remedies shouldn't be a way to make money. I agree with Trentnumber13, that the government should be the one to provide medical help.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I vote nay on this bill. Hospitals should be government-owned and run.
I also believe this is something for the DoH to decide, not the Parliament...