Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No (Comment Why)

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I’m actually for the alternative of only allowing a certain number of regions and a certain number of blocks, for example a player should only be allowed 3 wild regions and each region can contain up to say, 2500 blocks, I think removing regions entirely is a nice idea honestly but since everyone is already accommodated to having regions it would be difficult to take that away now “cold turkey” so I think we should do this instead.

bbnohoney

Citizen
Donator
Ok so after reading the comments it seems like a big issue is people relying on farms to make money lol. Simple way to stop the insane amount of money made from them is to get rid of gov shop. ;) Also to add on, I see how 10kr per is a good amount. This means new players would actually have to work before they can get any land. Anddd hopefully they would work for player run companies.

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
Ok, so as a follow up I'd like to propose the following for you guys to vote on above.

K10/block
Limit of 1000 Block surface area in one region per player. (this is still a large area considering people will just build a tower anyway. I'll attach a picture for reference - this plot is 1700 blocks) Thus, the largest purchase one can make in the wild is 10,000.

Capture.PNG

Existing regions grandfathered in.
1 month incentive period to sell extra regions in for 110% refund. (considering the usual refund is 90%)

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
- Username: xEndeavour
- Suggestion Title: Removing Ability to Region in the Wild
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Benefits of getting rid of wild regions:
- Increase demand in towns and cities.
- Increase wild aesthetic without large farm structures.
- Less saturated farming industry.
- EM job more manageable.
- Get money circulating back in the cities and towns rather than fed into wild regions

Current regions can be grandfathered, but unable to be bought or sold to another player, and or inherited.

Perhaps an incentive to sell: 110% sale price for a limited time. Yay/Nay?

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:

Last edited:

Johnnyboi12345

Citizen
Donator
This idea is something that doesn’t better the majority of the player base. I don’t see the benefit for players like me who use the wild as our way of life I do see the benefit for players with cities and towns though. The small number against the mass of the population edit: most players just don’t want to live in cities and don’t want to be bled dry by those who think they should.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
I agree with JohnyBoi on this new idea. I would rather change the price then get rid of the Wild Regions, However to change it by increasing the amount will damping those who have this way of life. Perhaps move the price down just a tad.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Here's a thought: Don't change it at all. You don't fix what isn't broke. Wild regions have been apart of this server longer than me, and implementing a change like this is just absurd.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I think we should at least limit the number of regions people are allowed because I think it’s crazy seeing someone with 10+ wild regions and a lot of people have over 20. I don’t think that should be allowed

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
im up for limiting regions to 1-3 this is to avoid players making settlements or unofficial towns in hopes to legalize it

wild regions are supposed to be private right for personal uses but it was aboosed

Johnnyboi12345

Citizen
Donator
While understandable, I say 5 regions is fair so long as they aren’t unaffordable and I don’t mean like unaffordable for Matty (sorry Matty) I mean for regular players. And once again it’s gonna drive away people. not everyone wants to live in city’s again it will kill off the player base hard because people love the server but most don’t want to live in concrete jungles. You can’t force the development of city’s your dealing with actual people who will act like like regular people city’s don’t just spring up they are built over years and trying to cut out that evolution can and will be disastrous

Emily

Citizen
I think raising cost is important because people will hopefully work harder and find more value in the land, I really don’t like seeing these people who have built massive structures. It’s an eyesore. I’m also tired of seeing homes and structures of players who don’t come on anymore

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
I think raising cost is important because people will hopefully work harder and find more value in the land, I really don’t like seeing these people who have built massive structures. It’s an eyesore. I’m also tired of seeing homes and structures of players who don’t come on anymore

Actually, it’s a bit of a double edged sword. Yes people will have to work harder in theory, but increasing the price of land claims can also encourage people to try and make the most of he land. If the player claiming the land intended on farming on said land, and realized it’s expensive, they may claim less space, and build ugly farm skyscrapers. That’s at least what I did with my first plot of land because I only had 150 kr, so I claimed a 4x4 (16 blocks) plot of land and placed tilled dirt on the outer twelve blocks with water flowing down the middle from the top. This went from bedrock to build height. Not proud of it, but I made do with what I had.