Answered / Added 1.13/1.14 Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Username: _CranberrySprite
- Suggestion Title: 1.13/1.14 Worlds
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):\
With the new border, 1.13 or 1.14 chunks can't be loaded. Due to this, we're missing out on new structural features such as better rivers, the new flowers, villages and so on. What this suggestion proposes would be having multiple worlds on the server. For example, the current world with cities and all, and another world with pure wilderness so we could have the newer features.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): I don't reckon so, it might though
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: If this does go ahead it would obviously need to be added when we actually get to 1.14

There are other ways of updating your map to 1.13 but for this server it would be a long process because you have to crop out the chunks you don't want removed to be updated. Players have a lot of small regions and buildings around the map which would be tedious for the owner alone to edit so I am suggesting he creates a second world and has staff slowly move towns/cities over and then players can do /helpme to move their builds over to the 1.13/1.14 world. It would take a decent amount of time but I believe there are enough staff to handle this task and everyone would be happier having an entirely new world while also having their builds on it. I support this suggestion but I believe mine would be the best long term solution as it would reduce lag once the builds are moved over and the world is removed.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Username: _CranberrySprite
- Suggestion Title: 1.13/1.14 Worlds
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):\
With the new border, 1.13 or 1.14 chunks can't be loaded. Due to this, we're missing out on new structural features such as better rivers, the new flowers, villages and so on. What this suggestion proposes would be having multiple worlds on the server. For example, the current world with cities and all, and another world with pure wilderness so we could have the newer features.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): I don't reckon so, it might though
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: If this does go ahead it would obviously need to be added when we actually get to 1.14
There are other ways of updating your map to 1.13 but for this server it would be a long process because you have to crop out the chunks you don't want removed to be updated. Players have a lot of small regions and buildings around the map which would be tedious for the owner alone to edit so I am suggesting he creates a second world and has staff slowly move towns/cities over and then players can do /helpme to move their builds over to the 1.13/1.14 world. It would take a decent amount of time but I believe there are enough staff to handle this task and everyone would be happier having an entirely new world while also having their builds on it. I support this suggestion but I believe mine would be the best long term solution as it would reduce lag once the builds are moved over and the world is removed.
Both suggestions seem like something that could prove very useful for this server. One way we could successfully update the server is to have people turn in forms on the forums that shows all their properties they want to save in the transfer. But, this process would take a long time.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
I don't feel like this is a better suggestion compared to sprites because you have to take into account if the down/city owners like their surrounding area; how the highways and other roads would be impacted; as well as the burden it would put on the staff.
However I do like the idea of a resource world which resets to a fully new map with a 10,000x10,000 border every 2-3months or so, as resources in the main world will eventually be depleted. And every time the server itself updates to a new version, the resource world would go to that version next time it is scheduled to update, allowing players to get things from these updates, as I personally think the new updates bring really nice décor into the game.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
I might have bit wee bit unclear. I'm proposing that there are two worlds-- one (possibly bordered) pure wilderness world and the current city one. If they were to do that, this would be probably the quickest and most painless way.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Wild regions are a limitation to this
They can't be since it can't happen anyway. If we were looking at this a year ago, having a new world to explore the new resources would be ok, but 1.14 already happened and the resources associated are already in the economy.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
If we slowly take the building from our world to a new updated one, well it will take a long time and by the time it is done more stuff would have been added ready, so it would be a huge rollback. I do like the idea of updating land since currently we have only so much space on our server with the world border. I am not sure I like the idea of another dimension since that land would be torn to shreds in minutes if we know we can get change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.