Feedback Breaking The Law

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Hi. I'm Vroomba. This is Feedback to the Community. I'm not sure if this classifies as a Suggestion or Feedback, so I called it Feedback.
Yesterday, I killed a player because they were refusing to go to the hospital to get treated from further infecting players with the Plague they had caught. I got jailed for five minutes for killing someone without their consent, while they were teleported to the hospital for dramatic treatment.

The fact that a player is breaking the law sometimes means another player has to break the law to save their butt from getting destroyed by it.

Yesterday, this player and another player had infected me with plague. We'll call them Player A and Player B. Player A infected me with Plague at spawn, and soon after, Player A infected Player B with plague who was looking to be infected, on purpose. They soon after began asking other players in chat if they wanted to be infected. This scene lasted almost twenty minutes and nothing happened between the time they were infected. I thought that Police Officers were already made aware of the situation since one was literally standing at spawn watching this, so I didn't feel the need to do /911. All of this led to a climax point; Player A and Player B both refused to go to the hospital after being asked to by players, Police Officers, and Moderators. While this went down, I got cured from the Plague at the hospital, and tried to track down one of the players to kill so they would automatically be sent to the Hospital to be cured. I successfully tracked down Player B (because Player A was in the wild), and found Player B in the city. By now, between where we are right now and when I was infected, almost thirty minutes have passed, and I haven't seen much action from government officials and staff.

When I arrived to Player B, he was around two Police Officers. They were asking him to go to the Hospital, but he was refusing, every. single. time. They was infected with Plague because of Player A. Player B even stated in chat they wanted to, so to cut things short and to get him treated without having him infect further players, I asked them if they had Plague. Player B responded 'yes', I saw the potion bubbles from plague, and soonafter killed Player B on the spot. Soon thereafter re-spawned in the Hospital, Player B respawned and was taken away to quarantine. Meanwhile, I was handcuffed and jailed in the street for killing a player without their consent.

During my time in jail, Player A was teleported to the hospital (not sure how that happened since they weren't killed). However, both players (Player A and Player B), after being in the Hospital were refusing to be cured; they would simply not drink their cures. This led to some more jailing, and rule breaking because the law "refusal of medical treatment". Some more time elapsed and they finally drank their cures. One player was fine, but one of the players didn't want to pay. This resulted in some more fighting, until finally, they payed and everyone was cured and happy.

All this drama was caused by everyone because we couldn't approach a situation in the right manner. Yes; killing that player was breaking the law, but it was the right thing to do (in my opinion). I would rather see a player killed than other players plagued for no good reason, or even worse half the population plagued.

This is the main reason I call for at least something to be done. There are no protocols for situations like this, which leaves us in a big panic mode. What're you supposed to do when a Player refuses to go somewhere, like the hospital? There were only two direct routes there; one was to kill them, which breaks the law, or have them teleported illegally, which also breaks the law and which is what happened to Player A. Not very realistic.

Yes; this is illegal. But let's assume I hadn't killed Player B. They probably would've been teleported there, or perhaps they could've been killed by another player. Or, they could've infected more people. I'm sure there are plenty of other scenarios, and possibly some good ones such as the player accepting to be treated, but with how the scene went yesterday, I think we can rule that possibility out. They were very defiant and were refusing to be treated at all costs.
I was told not to do anything by the moderator present, and I told not to kill the player by said moderator I believe, but I did it anyway because nothing was being done to stop the plagued player. I'm not exactly sure also how the police would've handled the situation, but I am almost positive it would've let to more jailing.

I'm sorry yall for killing the player. I know I made it even possibly a harder situation. But something had to be done, and I am not letting this slip away. I am not the only one who broke rules while trying to get these two players get cured.

Something should be done for situations like this. It's not good to see people stalling because they don't know what to do.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
either way, a motion needs to be made for it.
police should have more power or staff should have power when it comes to situations like this instead of hesitating on what to do.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
That didn't happen; I had to kill one of the players myself to send him there, almost thirty minutes after he had the plague.

Technofied

Citizen
Donator
Technofied
Technofied
Tier3
I agree with Vroomba, and aren't Police Officers paid to actually protect citizens, not just stand there earning cash for nothing. Pathetic.

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
I was one of the Doctors online for this incident. Honestly, it was extremely annoying since they warped out of quarantine and caused a lot of trouble for everyone. I suggest that there should be a way for the player not to be able to warp out of the quarantine rooms. That way, only Doctors can use the doors to enter in and out in order to cure them before they discharge them from the hospital.

CatchEmAll1

Citizen
I was one of the Doctors online for this incident. Honestly, it was extremely annoying since they warped out of quarantine and caused a lot of trouble for everyone. I suggest that there should be a way for the player not to be able to warp out of the quarantine rooms. That way, only Doctors can use the doors to enter in and out in order to cure them before they discharge them from the hospital.
May I ask how exactly they were quarantined?

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
May I ask how exactly they were quarantined?
I wasn't the one who quarantined them. When I got online, I was informed by another Doctor that they had warped out of quarantine. So, I can only assume that they were placed in the back rooms of the hospital near the front desk.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Hello. As one of the MPs said in Parliament chat:
This is vigilante justice. It causes confusion and a lack of order. Police should be allowed to intervene, but players cannot take the law into their own hands to commit a crime (murder) in order to stop a crime. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right, and it should remain against the law to kill someone so that they don’t infect people.
If you believe a Police Officer is not doing their job properly, do not do their job for them but instead go to the Minister of Justice with evidence.