Westwood - Council Elections

Discussion in 'Westwood City' started by Koalition, Jun 4, 2019.

?

Who do you vote for?

Poll closed Tuesday at 12:01 PM.
  1. Bangladesh150

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Danielw_

24 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. William_CTO

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Blitzblaze41

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. Awhni

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  6. triman123

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. DoctorThunder7

23 vote(s)
    82.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Koalition

Koalition Prime Minister Staff Member Owner Prime Minister

Koalition
    [​IMG]
    Westwood City will no longer be a privately owned city but rather a government city with an elected city council.
    The City Council will be consisted of 5 players who serve "life terms" (until resignation or dismissal). The council's main responsibility is to run the city and make day-to-day decisions on policy regarding it. The decisions by the Council will be subject to veto by Cabinet and Parliament.

The 5 players will chose a leader among themselves who will be known as the Mayor and be the official Chief Executive of the city. Vacant positions in the Council will be filled by the Mayor nominating a player to the City Council, then Cabinet, and finally Parliament for approval.

While the Government will be the official landlord of the city plots, the Mayor will be able to request monthly bonuses (handled by the Minister of Public Affairs and Cabinet) from the revenue gained by selling plots for the Mayor and other members of the Council.

City Council Elections
    The process of electing the 5 Councillors begins today.

First, some rules and requirements:
    • Cannot be a Councillor for another city or town;
    • Must be an active member of the community and a part of the Discord;
    • Joined at least 1 month ago;
    • At least 1 day worth of playtime;
    How elections work:
    • If interested in the position of Councillor, reply to this thread with the following:
      • Username:
      • Date joined server:
      • Playtime:
      • Why you want to be a Councillor:
    • From June 4th until June 8th, anyone who meets the requirements can reply to this thread and become an official candidate.
    • On June 8th (the starting day of Parliamentary elections), a poll will be created that lasts for 3 days.
    • In those 3 days, all members of BusinessCraft will cast their vote for up to 5 candidates they want to run the newly established government city.
    • After the voting period is concluded, the winners will be announced.
    (!) Notice: The position of Councillor is not an official job and will not replace your server job (like Farmer, Tour Guide, Constructor). Councillors can still run for positions like Parliament, be Judges or Ministers. (!)

2. Bangladesh150

Bangladesh150 Community Coordinator Community Coordinator Donator

Bangladesh150
    • Username: Bangladesh150
    • Date joined server: July 14th 2018
    • Playtime: 4 days 15 hours 44 minutes (as of June 4th 2019)
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: When Westwood became under leadership of Fhlown and Blitz, I was an early supporter of the city and served as Staff and later Councillor of the city. I tried my best to help with planning and design of it. I believe I can do that again just as well with the knowledge I built up of the city/area. It will be my joy to serve one of the newest areas of BC!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. Danielw_

Danielw_ Minister without portfolio Minister without portfolio Business Secretary

Danielw_
    • Username: Danielw_
    • Date joined server: January 21, 2019
    • Playtime: 14.78 Days (As of June 4, 2019)
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: I am excited to hear that Westwood is now a government-run city! I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to make Westwood a more charming and bustling city than it already is. It is my hope that, as councilor, I can help make decisions beneficial to the city and maybe even give it somewhat of a makeover.

4. William_CTO

William_CTO CTO of M|Corp Education Secretary Donator

William_CTO
    • Username: William_CTO
    • Date joined server: Over a year ago
    • Playtime: 16 days
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: To broaden my experience. As the CTO of M|Corp, I am tasked with managing the day to day aspects of the company. I've also been apart in planning projects and maintaining them over time. My skill set enables me to make decisions that serve the citizens of Westwood while maintaining governmental policies.
    Good luck to all else who run!

trisalty, Blitzblaze41 and kasley like this.
  5. Blitzblaze41

Blitzblaze41 Citizen Donator

Blitzblaze41
    • Username: Blitzblaze41
    • Date joined server: June 29th, 2018
    • Playtime: 781 hours I believe
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: Ever since this city was put up for auction, I have been apart of it, even choosing its new name. I saw great things for this city but over time I things started to fall apart and I was pushed away from it all. I still had dreams for Westwood, and now is the perfect time to make things happen. I am very happy to hear that the city is actually taking a good path and I would love to do anything I can to help this city become the thriving place that I, and many others dream of!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  6. kasley

kasley Hospital Secretary Hospital Secretary Mayor

Awhni
    • Username: awhni
    • Date joined the server: Summer 2017
    • Playtime: 10 days (Just started being active again)
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: I would like to be a Councillor for West Wood City because I see great potential for the city and I think I could help fulfil this potential. I believe I can bring my great ideas and skills to the table. I could bring significant plans for the city to the table and many ideas to improve the city. My management skills will help improve the city in many ways. I would love to make the city better and I will support every member of West Wood City and help them with anything they need.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  7. trisalty

trisalty Citizen Donator

triman123
    • Username: triman123
    • Date joined server: may 2019
    • Playtime: 6d 21h
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: I have always been good at running things and have always wanted to run a company or city, this city has a chance to be great and I think I can help it on its way to becoming a true city with my skillset. I have been told my whole life I am extremely creative so I think I could help out with building designs. I am good at math which could help if there is any role in financing. I believe that I could be a great addition to the city council as a whole.

Blitzblaze41 and kasley like this.
  8. DoctorThunder7

DoctorThunder7 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Minister of Commerce and Education Donator

DoctorThunder7
    • Username: DoctorThunder7
    • Date joined server: December 31, 2018
    • Playtime: 25 days
    • Why you want to be a Councillor: I wish to join the Council of Westwood cause I can bring valuable insight to the planning and building city. I’m a decent builder and can use that to effectively plan out the city and make it a bit easier to explain to our city constructor what we need done.

9. Koalition

Koalition
    Voting period started and ends June 11th.

Blitzblaze41 and Bangladesh150 like this.
  10. Bangladesh150

Bangladesh150 Community Coordinator Community Coordinator Donator

Bangladesh150
    Congratulations!

kasley and Danielw_ like this.
  11. Blitzblaze41

Blitzblaze41 Citizen Donator

Blitzblaze41
    Congrats everyone!!!

kasley and Danielw_ like this.
  12. Koalition

Koalition
    The new Council has been formed and consists of:

1. Danielw_
    2. DoctorThunder7
    3. Awhni
    4. Blitzblaze41
    5. Bangladesh150
    The new government will officially start their term once the 5 Councillors elect a Mayor.