Answered / Added Village Preservation/Protection

Would you be for a law/rule/act that promotes village preservation?

• No, because...

• Yes

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

VelvetKitty

Citizen
Donator
- Username: VelvetKitty
- Suggestion Title: Village Preservation
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):

I wasn't sure where to post this, but nonetheless I wanted to post it sooner rather than later. I often wonder in the wild, and recently especially I've found a plethora of villages which are ravaged, damaged and people have taken from the buildings, not just plants or looted the chests etc. (I'll post images of multiple villages below.) Although 'Emerald grinding' and other forms of utilizing them to your advantage aren't genuinely a thing anymore, it's nice to still have that interaction with villagers and destruction of their homes make them more vulnerable to zombies.

I feel there needs to be some regulation put in place for the protection of the villages and their land, specifically the buildings. I plan on doing some of them up myself and have been accumulating materials to do so. But to maintain it to a safe standard requires some sort of regulation to make it either an offence or against the rules to destruct parts of their building that would make them more susceptible to zombies and other mobs that could, therefore, kill them.
I understand I may be alone in the idea of protection for villagers, but do take into consideration that it also blatant disrespect of the wild as well as majorly endangering villagers. This idea would not only protect the wild from looking unappealing in village areas but protect villagers.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: Images of 'evidence' of destruction below. 2020-02-29_12.24.53.png 2020-02-29_12.24.58.png 2020-02-29_12.25.15.png 2020-02-29_12.25.25.png Villagers.png

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
I would enjoy this to take place because in Minecraft it is something of little interest but it is always something special to find a village. Especially for the new player in a server. In addition we have a finite amount of villages. T

have the player base acknowledge this I would like to suggest a competition for the server. Have group of palyers to refurbish and make a village look amazing. This allows palyers to have some connection to this idea rather than let it be a arbitrary rule.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Quite honestly. The problem is that even if you don't touch their village, villagers will still die in the long run. For me, I've seen it dozens of times where I would discover a village, come back a day later and there wouldn't be a villager insight. I haven't been know for removing them from their homes, but I do cure every zombie villager I come across and put them in a communal bunker where they can be safe.

VelvetKitty

Citizen
Donator
Quite honestly. The problem is that even if you don't touch their village, villagers will still die in the long run. For me, I've seen it dozens of times where I would discover a village, come back a day later and there wouldn't be a villager insight. I haven't been know for removing them from their homes, but I do cure every zombie villager I come across and put them in a communal bunker where they can be safe.
I've definitely come across little bunkers of villagers before, so know who saved them now! But I definitely feel like keeping them in their homes, especially now that 1.14 has bells, would be great. The only downside is the fact that bells didn't naturally spawn in, so that's a drawback.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
Quite honestly. The problem is that even if you don't touch their village, villagers will still die in the long run. For me, I've seen it dozens of times where I would discover a village, come back a day later and there wouldn't be a villager insight. I haven't been know for removing them from their homes, but I do cure every zombie villager I come across and put them in a communal bunker wherev they can be safe.

Build a big wall around the village so the villagers can’t escape and mobs can’t get inside, then place an iron golem inside. Boom, you have now secured the village. Don’t worry about spiders or endermen because they’ll leave the villagers alone. This is what I would do, but unfortunately I haven’t been lucky enough to come across a village with actual villagers in there, and whenever I see zombie villagers, I usually accidentally kill them because there’s a ton of mobs, or they’re burning in the sun.

Edit: I accidentally made this entire post a quote when only the first part is actually a quote.

VelvetKitty

Citizen
Donator
Build a big wall around the village so the villagers can’t escape and mobs can’t get inside, then place an iron golem inside. Boom, you have now secured the village. Don’t worry about spiders or endermen because they’ll leave the villagers alone. This is what I would do, but unfortunately I haven’t been lucky enough to come across a village with actual villagers in there, and whenever I see zombie villagers, I usually accidentally kill them because there’s a ton of mobs, or they’re burning in the sun.

Edit: I accidentally made this entire post a quote when only the first part is actually a quote.

I guess my own point of view is that a big wall surrounding the village can ruin the aesthetic and put off people dealing with villagers if they like, as it looks like it's someone's land. I appreciate your opinions though :)

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I guess my own point of view is that a big wall surrounding the village can ruin the aesthetic and put off people dealing with villagers if they like, as it looks like it's someone's land. I appreciate your opinions though :)
If I were to decide how to protect the villagers, I would start some sort of adoption center. Giving villagers to homes with people who intend to care for them. According to the server staff, that's against the villager abuse laws.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
If I were to decide how to protect the villagers, I would start some sort of adoption center. Giving villagers to homes with people who intend to care for them. According to the server staff, that's against the villager abuse laws.

So we’d be able to adopt people? I’m not against this, I’m just confused since villagers are supposed to resemble people. Would it work similarly to adopting a child in real life?

VelvetKitty

Citizen
Donator
So we’d be able to adopt people? I’m not against this, I’m just confused since villagers are supposed to resemble people. Would it work similarly to adopting a child in real life?
I also have concerns on this idea, not sure how it'd work and it could create a wider divide between players. I think having them live freely gives players an amount of trust and respect that we should have for them. Not sure about the adoption idea but I appreciate the feedback nonetheless!