Thoughts on Contract Signing Methods & Similar

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
It has come to my attention in the short amount of time I've been playing that many of the contracts on the server are handled through (usually) a Discord message and people responding to the message which includes a contract with the fact that they agree.

While it is good for short protocols and contracts, I've been working on writing a couple contracts which exceed 1 page and have high hundreds of words. Therefore, the contracts I write are now in the form of an image or PDF.

Are there any other methods to signing documents which are widely accepted by the courts? What're your thoughts on potential improvements?

I would personally like to see Notary Offices being opened to verify a contract's validity.

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
I like the idea of notaries, and did propose that to the DoE office (which then said "why would that be the DoE"). Contracts aren't regulated and are a largely neglected field. In my opinion, documents just need to be verified by a reputable third party, in which any document should suffice.

Ancastal

Minister of Economy
Minister of Economy
Department of Economy
Donator
Ancastal
Ancastal
Economy Minister
This should neither be a departmental job or a university job. Ideally, we could have a small number of government-elected notaries, like we have judges.

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
Uni Job is a terrible idea for notaries. Departmental is meh, but I do also feel like gov elected notaries may be the best way to go. Either that, or notaries assigned by judges and courts to simplify the process