Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
- Username: Reppal
- Suggestion Title: Thirst
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Bring back thirst, it makes a new market for consumables, increases RPability, and has a multitude of ways to branch out through the coming expansion of customization and specialization.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): (On file)
- Additional Information: Most of the opponents have been outlasted. I have not gotten an objection to this idea yet, plus gives the DoH something to do (treat dysentery)

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
I think there are better ways for the DOH to find stuff to do rather than adding back an annoying feature and treating another disease. All thirst did was force you to place ugly water fountains everywhere and interrupt whatever you're doing every 20 - 30 minutes because you need to go restock on water. Does it improve RP? I guess. Is that inherently a good thing? No lmao, there are more instances than could possibly be listed of things that could be made more realistic but aren't because they would then inherently detract from the fun of the server.

As for making a market for consumables, I kinda disagree with that too. The way I and most others dealt with thirst back in the day was by carrying 1 or 2 empty bottles around at all times and just using water fountains that people had placed all around.

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
I think there are better ways for the DOH to find stuff to do rather than adding back an annoying feature and treating another disease. All thirst did was force you to place ugly water fountains everywhere and interrupt whatever you're doing every 20 - 30 minutes because you need to go restock on water. Does it improve RP? I guess. Is that inherently a good thing? No lmao, there are more instances than could possibly be listed of things that could be made more realistic but aren't because they would then inherently detract from the fun of the server.

As for making a market for consumables, I kinda disagree with that too. The way I and most others dealt with thirst back in the day was by carrying 1 or 2 empty bottles around at all times and just using water fountains that people had placed all around.
Lobster do you even play anymore

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
Lobster do you even play anymore
Since when do I need to still be playing to have an opinion? I was the one who originally ousted thirst and I've been keeping myself up-to-date on the server's healthcare system since the day I left and have been active in the DOH discord for at least half of that time lol

I won't claim to be the leading expert on anything anymore but I'm not too oblivious to give input either

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
Since when do I need to still be playing to have an opinion? I was the one who originally ousted thirst and I've been keeping myself up-to-date on the server's healthcare system since the day I left and have been active in the DOH discord for at least half of that time lol

I won't claim to be the leading expert on anything anymore but I'm not too oblivious to give input either
It is mostly the 'older' players that wouldn't be affected shooting this idea down. At least a try of integrating it into the server with this crowd would be worth it. As to your staying up to date, the lack of playtime means you can't see what it is like to be a normal player. Policy just does not affect forums as much as it does in-game for you to have a good idea of how effective something is or may be.

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
It is mostly the 'older' players that wouldn't be affected shooting this idea down. At least a try of integrating it into the server with this crowd would be worth it. As to your staying up to date, the lack of playtime means you can't see what it is like to be a normal player. Policy just does not affect forums as much as it does in-game for you to have a good idea of how effective something is or may be.
The consensus after thirst was removed last time was almost unanimous in that it was a positive change. It's been tried and it wasn't good. We even made the process of becoming thirsty slower a couple times, but it didn't change the fact that it was annoying. As for not knowing what it's like to be a normal player, I think there's a difference between knowing what I think thirst is a straightforward enough change that it doesn't take days of playtime in the last 30 months to be able to make your own judgement. Changes to the economy can affect everyone differently; thirst doesn't. Your status on the server has nothing to do with the rate of dehydration. Maybe some people will drink more water than others, but that's still extra time an effort that could be put into my important things. I shouldn't need to be playing the server every day to recognize the consequences of giving people a slowness debuff every 20 minutes unless they commit to breaking the flow and concentration of whatever they're doing. If it were a change to the economy or the constitution I'd absolutely agree with you that I'm not qualified, but this isn't that kind of change.

Also, with all due respect, my initial points haven't been addressed

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
"I think there are better ways for the DOH to find stuff to do rather than adding back an annoying feature and treating another disease. All thirst did was force you to place ugly water fountains everywhere and interrupt whatever you're doing every 20 - 30 minutes because you need to go restock on water." No alternatives mentioned.

"Does it improve RP? I guess. Is that inherently a good thing? No lmao, there are more instances than could possibly be listed of things that could be made more realistic but aren't because they would then inherently detract from the fun of the server." No alternatives mentioned + speculation.

"As for making a market for consumables, I kinda disagree with that too. The way I and most others dealt with thirst back in the day was by carrying 1 or 2 empty bottles around at all times and just using water fountains that people had placed all around." 1. Speculation 2. People lose things all the time, and what I was mainly referring to was different kinds of water bottles, different capacity, price, or style.

The consensus after thirst was removed last time was almost unanimous in that it was a positive change. It's been tried and it wasn't good. We even made the process of becoming thirsty slower a couple times, but it didn't change the fact that it was annoying. As for not knowing what it's like to be a normal player, I think there's a difference between knowing what I think thirst is a straightforward enough change that it doesn't take days of playtime in the last 30 months to be able to make your own judgement. Changes to the economy can affect everyone differently; thirst doesn't. Your status on the server has nothing to do with the rate of dehydration. Maybe some people will drink more water than others, but that's still extra time an effort that could be put into my important things. I shouldn't need to be playing the server every day to recognize the consequences of giving people a slowness debuff every 20 minutes unless they commit to breaking the flow and concentration of whatever they're doing. If it were a change to the economy or the constitution I'd absolutely agree with you that I'm not qualified, but this isn't that kind of change.

Also, with all due respect, my initial points haven't been addressed

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
"I think there are better ways for the DOH to find stuff to do rather than adding back an annoying feature and treating another disease. All thirst did was force you to place ugly water fountains everywhere and interrupt whatever you're doing every 20 - 30 minutes because you need to go restock on water." No alternatives mentioned.

"Does it improve RP? I guess. Is that inherently a good thing? No lmao, there are more instances than could possibly be listed of things that could be made more realistic but aren't because they would then inherently detract from the fun of the server." No alternatives mentioned + speculation.

"As for making a market for consumables, I kinda disagree with that too. The way I and most others dealt with thirst back in the day was by carrying 1 or 2 empty bottles around at all times and just using water fountains that people had placed all around." 1. Speculation 2. People lose things all the time, and what I was mainly referring to was different kinds of water bottles, different capacity, price, or style.
1. Focus on the currently existing disease system instead of adding more elements to it. Make them easier to spread and give them an incubation period. Let players go out of their way. This both adds to the RP and isn't as intrusive as thirst, since all it takes to check if you're sick is a quick /health. That way diseases can actually spread. More patients to treat + more incentive to use vaccines + still less intrusive than thirst, especially if you're not really spending as much time around other players.

2. Wanna make buses and the metro take time to bring you to your destination? It adds to the RP but there's a reason it was removed. Forcing us to wait 30 seconds to get to our destination isn't really helping anybody and just increases the time it takes to get from point A to point B. The disease system itself could theoretically be made way more realistic too. I increased the odds of some diseases back in my day but not enough for proper realism. If RP was the goal, Arrow wounds should be 95 - 100% chance of infection if you're not wearing armor. So should open wounds. Broken legs should be upwards of like 50% if you're jumping more then 5 - 10 blocks. Even though these things technically add to the RP, they're just annoying to deal with. If I wanted to get as close to realism as possible, I'd get off Minecraft and take a walk.

3. Credit where its due, I actually won't disagree with your third point, although I would like to point out (though I can't speak for everyone) that I hardly if ever lost my water bottles.

Dark_Shadow_Wolf

Citizen
Donator
Dark_Shadow_Wolf
Dark_Shadow_Wolf
Tier3
Reppal,
I'm going to say a few things. I am no longer DoH Minister but I am a special advisor. Throughout my time as DoH Minister and even as a regular player I noticed that without the thirst plugin playing was much easier. The DoH doesn't need to have an annoying plugin added back just to give them something to do (just like a few people said a while ago.) I also considered adding it back but once you look at the pros and cons of adding it back it isn't worth it anymore. Do you really want to carry bottles of water around everywhere and deal with not having water? May I ask, were you here when the plugin was still functioning? If so, you know how annoying it was to deal with it. And if not then you don't know how much players hated it. Everyone was happy when it was removed because it made a GAME where human body functions don't matter actually fun. It's like having to remember to breathe, you don't want to deal with that in a game (even if it adds roleplay).

If the DoH wants to add roleplay they just have to add new diseases. Maybe food-poisoning would be a better addition compared to thirst.

Taps230

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Donator
Tippychu
Tippychu
tier5
Thank you for your suggestion however it will not be implemented at this time