Lawsuit: Dismissed The People of Stratham v. Vasilevskiy1 (Zhukhov123)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CRIMINAL ACTION
Date: 04/30/23

The Republic of Stratham
Attorney General Irongolem_lawyer

v.

Vasilevskiy1 (Zhukhov123)

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant: The OAG is appealing this case because we have found enough evidence of wrongdoing by Zhukhov. The case was dismissed because the plaintiff did not have the authority to prosecute individuals, as the AG, I hold the authority to prosecute individuals on behalf of the Government.
The defendant broke the Corporate Advertisement Act by launching ads within the Discord GPAC without following the requirements the CAA sets out.

II. Parties
1. Republic of Stratham
2. Zhukov123

III. Sequence of Events
1. The Defendant posts advertisements within the Discord GPACs
2. The Defendant posts more advertisements within the Discord GPACs, without following the requirements
3. The process repeats

IV. Charges
1. 4 counts of breaching the Corporate Advertisement Act

V. Sentencing
1. 500kr Fine (according to the CAA)
2. Suspension of the ability to use GPAC for 10 days (according to the CAA)

(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• 1681941731359.png
    1681941731359.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 20
  • zhukov.png
    zhukov.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 1681941799282.png
    1681941799282.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1681941791187.png
    1681941791187.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1681941781636.png
    1681941781636.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 1681941773298.png
    1681941773298.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1681941761141.png
    1681941761141.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 1681941747801.png
    1681941747801.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 18

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

@Zhukov123 is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Zhukov123, does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Prosecution's favor.

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 05/10/23

The Republic of Stratham

v.

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
1. The constitution states only the plaintiff or defendent may appeal a case after a verdict. In the original case, Flyingzebra7 had no authority to represent the Republic of Stratham so he was truly just representing his own firm, Stratham Law Association.
2. The Republic of Stratham was never the plaintiff of the original case, if the AG wishes to persue these charges he can do so in a new case filing.
3. The constitution also states that in appeals, the courts verdict is challenged but there was no verdict because the original case was dismissed.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.png
    IMG_1182.png
    914 KB · Views: 9

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Court does agree with the points by the Defense, specifically that an appeal would be an inaccurate filing of this case. Therefore, the court will consider this as a newly filed case as the proper parties are present now. I will just change the title to the Republic of Stratham V. Vasilevskiy1 (Zhukhov123). If either party has any questions or concerns regarding this, they are welcome to address them.

With that being said, unless the Defense has any other points they would like to bring up in their Motion, we will continue with the trial.

That is all,
Thank You

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
MOTION TO DISMISS (ADDON)
Date: 05/10/23

The Republic of Stratham

v.

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
1. Additional to my previous points, I'd like to point out that out of the numerous cases regarding the Corporate Advertisement Act, no branch of government nor department has ever stepped up and decided to update the rules and laws or even make a simple public announcement stating the new changes. The #business-advertisements channel on the main businesscraft discord still has a pinned message reflecting a severely outdated law from 2 years ago.

2. Our constitution states that the Speaker is responsible for updating the rules and laws within a certain timeframe of the passage of a new act of parliament. The whole point of having that specific clause in our constitution is to ensure citizens are well informed of our laws. We can not expect for citizens to follow laws when they haven't even been made aware of them. 1683898622976.png1683898628105.png

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Prosecution is given 48 hours to respond to the Defense's add-on to their Motion To Dismiss.

That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

Since some days have already gone by since your post, do you still need an extension, and if so, how long?

That is all,
Thank You

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 05/20/23

The Republic of Stratham

v.

1. CCA law changes were updated before the defendant allegedly breached the CCA, as shown in the screenshots. The Rules and Law page was last edited before the 9th of April, the defendant allegedly breached the CCA on the 13th of April.
2. The issue of the former Speaker's tardiness was already settled on the Appeal: Stratham v. Mealster case, the fmr. Speaker already agreed to his mistake and has already fixed it; therefore it should not be brought up in this case.

Attachments

• CAAupdate.png
    CAAupdate.png
    30 KB · Views: 5
  • CCA.png
    CCA.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 11.46.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 11.46.41 PM.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 4

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I would like to hear the Defense respond to the prosecution's arguments regarding the Motion To Dismiss and then I will make a judgment. The Defense is given 48 hours to do so.

That is all,
Thank You

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
Your honor, could I request a 24 hour extension please?

Evachu

Staff member
Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
_Evachu_
_Evachu_
HospitalSecretary
Zhukhov hasn’t been on in a while and he’s left the BC discord

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

As much as I do appreciate the response from @Eva_12345, please do refrain from speaking in the court without being summoned. I will let this off as a warning.

With that being said, @Ryan_88 can you please confirm that the Defendant is still present on the server?

That is all,
Thank You

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
Your honor, I can not confirm such. The defendant has indeed appeared to have left the server as stated in his departure post.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

With this new discovery, The court would now like to turn to the Prosecution and asks how they wish to proceed. The Court can make a summary judgment, as I see no reason to go through a whole trial for someone who no longer is active on the server, although no promises of reparations, or punishment. On the other hand, the prosecution could also drop the charges if they see that is a better solution.

I just ask that the Prosecution responds in a timely manner.

That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I will give the Prosecutor until 12am EST (roughly 10 hours) to respond; otherwise, this case will be dismissed with prejudice.

That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

Seeing that the Prosecution has not responded, as mentioned prior, this case is hereby dismissed with prejudice.

That is all,
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.