• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
The Creation of the DoJ

- - Creation

Step 1: The Police Force

This is the most basic part of the DoJ, as it has been the most discussed in the past. Players would apply to be a part of the police force if they feel like they are the right fit for the job. Those players would of have to been an active player for over 3 weeks. If accepted, they would move on to a training trail and become a trainee. The training trial would consist of learning about the job and going over possible scenarios. Then the minister would decide if they believe the trainee is a right fit. If approved, the trainee would become a Policeman.

> Duties of a Policeman

While a moderator provide help for players and makes sure all players follow the rules, the police would make sure all players follow specific laws. These laws include car rules, pvp in cities, vandalism, and a few other basic laws.

If they catch a criminal action, they can warn, ticket, or jail the player depending on the extent of the crime. Afterwards, they most create a report on their doings for the Minister to later inspect.

> Other Information Regarding the Police Force

All policemen would be supplied with a police vehicle. Ministers reserve the rights to fire policemen at anytime. The police can only accuse players of crimes if it took place within the past 7 days. In order to ticket or jail someone, a policeman has to punch the player they chose to ticket/arrest. The wages of the department members would be 15 K/15min.

Last edited:

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Although I love this idea and think it is a great addition to the server. The only thing I dislike is the addition of a criminal title. I DO NOT think players should be able to access criminal as a job, but instead could be a hidden title so that no one would realize they are a criminal. For example, say FlappyChickens becomes a criminal, it would not be listed on his name, but instead could be listed as any other job he also wishes to use as a cover-up. If this is what you are applying I apologize I did not catch that. But everything else, the jury, policemen, it all makes the server more realistic and adds to the Role-play factor, which after is what this server is.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Although I love this idea and think it is a great addition to the server. The only thing I dislike is the addition of a criminal title. I DO NOT think players should be able to access criminal as a job, but instead could be a hidden title so that no one would realize they are a criminal. For example, say FlappyChickens becomes a criminal, it would not be listed on his name, but instead could be listed as any other job he also wishes to use as a cover-up. If this is what you are applying I apologize I did not catch that. But everything else, the jury, policemen, it all makes the server more realistic and adds to the Role-play factor, which after is what this server is.
I don't understand. Criminals would not get a prefix saying they are a criminal, nor any other title.

sparkleA

Citizen
This is a very cool idea, however I do believe there are some flaws, in my opinion.
  1. Basic racism/bigotry should be handled by the moderators, not the police force, as with other chat rules.
  2. What counts as vandalism? Is that griefing? Because if so, it should still be a moderator thing, if not, please tell me what it is.
  3. I think the punishments for serial killing should be changed. First of all, I think the serial killing should be a fine of K20, with 5 minutes of jail time and 5 minutes extra per kill. 30 minutes, or even 15 minutes is a long time.
  4. That's what I think serial punishments should be if they did exist, but I don't think serial killing should be added. If you are just wandering around and someone kills you, it's a pain. So I really don't think it should be encouraged.
  5. Also, if you can only catch people if a cop is online, most people will get away with crimes. I think the "Report a Player" forum should have extra subforums, with police and moderator reports.
  6. If you want a police force, I don't think you should have a cap on members, it doesn't really add anything.
  7. You should only be able to rob an ATM OR a bank, when a cop is online.
  8. Policemen, since it is a job you have to apply for, should be paid as much as department members (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is K15/15 minutes). I agree with the wages for judge and chief.
  9. How many people will be on the jury? Is it mandatory? Do you test for bias? How does the judge work with the jury? Basically, explain the jury thing more.
  10. Is the prosecutor the cop who arrested the defendant?
  11. Can cases due to moderator actions be brought to court?
  12. And what happens if a player keeps avoiding their trial, or their sentencing? How will that be dealt with?
  13. I believe lawyer should be an added non-gov job for these trials. You might have already planned on this, but please add it in there if you want lawyers.
  14. The judicial system will be fairly difficult to work with. For one, you need 2 judges to set a date, meaning 2 judges and the defendant must be online at one time, or on Discord (which would be an easy fix for this part). Second, you need a judge, a jury, the defendant, the prosecutor, a staff member, witnesses, and a lawyer, which will be hard to organize so they are all online for 20-30 minutes at the same time.
  15. To apply to the police force, why should you have to wait 7 weeks? You only need to wait 3 weeks to apply for moderator, so I believe police force applications should also be waiting 3 weeks as well.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
I like it, but hasn't a judicial branch already been denied?

Don't get me wrong, this is probably one of the most intricate, detailed, and logical motions I've seen so far. I really DO like it, I would just hate to see it shot down. ;(

Also, this could fit in real well with a job idea that I had(DoE stuff hue hue hue hue hue) :3

Edit: I also realized that this would bring life back into the bodyguard job. If there were killers roaming the streets, bodyguards would have a much bigger role on the streets of BC

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
I proposed a court system (in much less detail) and it wasn't denied, but as of then it wasn't something that could be done by Parliament. Now, due to the change in Parliament's powers, this motion must be debated by the server administration if passed.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Your responses, my answers.
Basic racism/bigotry should be handled by the moderators, not the police force, as with other chat rules.
Okay, so what do you think should be handled by the police?

What counts as vandalism? Is that griefing? Because if so, it should still be a moderator thing, if not, please tell me what it is.
Vandalism is minor griefing. The police would be in charge of reporting this incidents and fining the griefer. The staff would fix them.

I think the punishments for serial killing should be changed. First of all, I think the serial killing should be a fine of K20, with 5 minutes of jail time and 5 minutes extra
per kill. 30 minutes, or even 15 minutes is a long time.
That's what I think serial punishments should be if they did exist, but I don't think serial killing should be added. If you are just wandering around and someone kills you, it's a pain. So I really don't think it should be encouraged.

After a bit of debating with myself, I've decided that it would the first kill should be 10 minutes, and 5 minutes for the rest. The fine for the first kill would be 20 krunas, and 12 for the rest. I still think you should get money for killing. On death, you still keep your inventory, regain lost health, and get full hunger. There has to be some consequence.

Also, if you can only catch people if a cop is online, most people will get away with crimes. I think the "Report a Player" forum should have extra subforums, with police and moderator reports.
Okay, but remember mods can do all that cops can do.

If you want a police force, I don't think you should have a cap on members, it doesn't really add anything.
Okay.

You should only be able to rob an ATM OR a bank, when a cop is online.
Huh? I'm confused, why?

Policemen, since it is a job you have to apply for, should be paid as much as department members (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is K15/15 minutes). I agree with the wages for judge and chief.

I see your point, okay.

How many people will be on the jury? Is it mandatory? Do you test for bias? How does the judge work with the jury? Basically, explain the jury thing more.
Is the prosecutor the cop who arrested the defendant?

2-6. No. No, we would just ask to be honest provide what they truly believe. The have a meeting after the trial. Will Do. Yep.

The government chooses a random selection of players that are available during the trial. The jury must all agree to a contract saying that they basically wouldn't be bias. After the trail, the judge will ask the jury of there opinions to insist him/her. Then the jury is free to go.

Can cases due to moderator actions be brought to court?
No, but they could be negotiated on the forums.

And what happens if a player keeps avoiding their trial, or their sentencing? How will that be dealt with?
There is already a law for jail evading. Avoiding trial would result in jail time until the next trial.

I believe lawyer should be an added non-gov job for these trials. You might have already planned on this, but please add it in there if you want lawyers.
In deed I have, and I shall add that to the motion.

The judicial system will be fairly difficult to work with. For one, you need 2 judges to set a date, meaning 2 judges and the defendant must be online at one time, or on Discord (which would be an easy fix for this part). Second, you need a judge, a jury, the defendant, the prosecutor, a staff member, witnesses, and a lawyer, which will be hard to organize so they are all online for 20-30 minutes at the same time.
You don't need witnesses and lawyers for a trial if that becomes a problem. Also, you said it yourself: Discord.

To apply to the police force, why should you have to wait 7 weeks? You only need to wait 3 weeks to apply for moderator, so I believe police force applications should also be waiting 3 weeks as well.
Okay.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
You are taking this too far.
There are too many things that would be added if this should pass, and it would be nearly impossible to implement fully.
Most of the things look very nice written down, but in practice would be very hard to actually make true.

We only need to start with a Police job, and then consider adding more features such as Courts, Criminals etc.

Police would be responsible for dealing with PvP-related offences, as well as car-related and trespassing. They would have the ability to jail people and fine them to some extent. The Minister would be in-charge of all the Police and would have the ability to hire/fire them. Police would also receive kill messages, that are currently displayed to Staff members only. Additionally, players who believe that there are some officers who are abusing their powers can report them on the forums; If they are indeed abusing their powers, they would be terminated and will be punished in other ways as well.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I was talking about this before, and I realize I probably should of added it to the motion. If accepted, it would be implemented in many steps. First, we would ass the DoJ, and the police job (like you said). Then we would slowly move into adding a chief, then a court system, and then more after that.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I was talking about this before, and I realize I probably should of added it to the motion. If accepted, it would be implemented in many steps. First, we would ass the DoJ, and the police job (like you said). Then we would slowly move into adding a chief, then a court system, and then more after that.
Remove those parts and edit the original post then. We’ll vote on all other additions to the Justice system separately overtime

sparkleA

Citizen
The DoPA made a poll asking "Do you want a police job?" to see how the players feel about this motion. The results were 63 in favor, and 25 people opposed.