Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nay.

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
- Title: Percentage taxes for BusinessCraft Citizens.
- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation.
- Elaboration & Reasoning:
It's an undeniable fact that the Government is doing a lot for the people, but the people don't really do anything for the Government. This way, people are basically sipping the Krunas out of the Government's wallet. However, if there were to be taxes as this motion suggests, there could be a more even flow of money between the Government and the people.

What I am proposing is a bi-weekly tax of 10%. This is very reasonable.
- What would benefit from this:
The Government would have more money to reinvest into the server. Taxes also would somewhat stabilize the economy.
- Other Information:

sparkleA

Citizen
I'm also confused on how the taxes would work. Are you taxing the total balance? Or are you taxing how much money a player makes that week. If so, then that would be hard to implement. Before I make a decision on this bill, I feel more information is necessary about what is being taxed. Although I think if the sales tax could be fixed to make it work, I definitely agree with that bill.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
How will this tax be implemented? What are you taxing?
I'm also confused on how the taxes would work. Are you taxing the total balance? Or are you taxing how much money a player makes that week. If so, then that would be hard to implement. Before I make a decision on this bill, I feel more information is necessary about what is being taxed. Although I think if the sales tax could be fixed to make it work, I definitely agree with that bill.
Is the 10% tax going to be taken from a players total balance?
Yes, it would be player balances. My apologies for not specifying.

sparkleA

Citizen
I do have a concern, what if a player goes on a trip and can't play while they are away? Therefore, they will just be losing money, since they can't earn any.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I say nay on this bill. Especially for richer players, or even middle-class ones, 10% is a huge amount. For example, I currently have k5,000, so your asking me to pay k500 every other week to pay taxes? Nooo way. And I'm sure many would agree with me. I do not make a lot of money, and this would cause my salary to go down a bit too quickly. For players who do go out often to fish for money, they also have over 10 thousand krunas, and they will not be willing to give up over k2,000 every month to the government. I'd settle at no more than 1%.

I agree with flappy here. This especially wouldn't be fair for donators. It would be like taking back everything that they donated for and eventually make donating useless. So I would have to say Nay.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I say nay on this bill. Especially for richer players, or even middle-class ones, 10% is a huge amount. For example, I currently have k5,000, so your asking me to pay k500 every other week to pay taxes? Nooo way. And I'm sure many would agree with me. I do not make a lot of money, and this would cause my salary to go down a bit too quickly. For players who do go out often to fish for money, they also have over 10 thousand krunas, and they will not be willing to give up over k2,000 every month to the government. I'd settle at no more than 1%.
Every 2 weeks.... 10% is not a lot to pay twice a month.
I agree with flappy here. This especially wouldn't be fair for donators. It would be like taking back everything that they donated for and eventually make donating useless. So I would have to say Nay.
Again, it's every 2 weeks. You'd have chances to spend Krunas.

Basically, what you guys are saying is that the players of BusinessCraft should keep all their money while eating huge chunks out of the Government balance. This is unreasonable.
Flappy:
1% for most players would be like 5-20 Krunas TWICE A MONTH! The Government is being drained of multiple thousand Krunas on a DAILY BASIS. Then players only have to give the Government 10-40 Krunas a month. In real life, in the US, typical taxes are 10%-40% every 3 months. Also, it's not the Government's fault you don't earn money.
Trent:
It would take MONTHS for the Government to take all of the player's bought Krunas, in most cases.

Last edited:

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I do have a concern, what if a player goes on a trip and can't play while they are away? Therefore, they will just be losing money, since they can't earn any.
If they're going on a trip of over 2 weeks, this is correct. In real life, if you go on vacation you usually don't work, therefore you're losing money rather than making it. This is just a realistic matter of fact.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I have a suggestion:
I could change the motion to propose a 10% monthly tax, because of the concerns you guys have given. This way, you would get taxed a lot slower, therefore fixing the following issues:

this would cause my salary to go down a bit too quickly.
This especially wouldn't be fair for donators. It would be like taking back everything that they donated for and eventually make donating useless.

Well I think that a monthly tax is reasonable. I can afford to pay that and it wouldn't deplete my entire savings. This also makes an opportunity to have a properly functioning bank system with laws to protect them.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I'm also against it, and I'm the one responsible for the Government's balance. Not only is 10% too much, it is also unnecessary. The Government has other ways of earning money, primarily by selling plots. Soon we'll have plenty of more plots in the city and therefore more money in the Government's balance. Not to mention the private cities that we're hoping to release soon.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Basically, what you guys are saying is that the players of BusinessCraft should keep all their money while eating huge chunks out of the Government balance. This is unreasonable.
Flappy:
1% for most players would be like 5-20 Krunas TWICE A MONTH! The Government is being drained of multiple thousand Krunas on a DAILY BASIS. Then players only have to give the Government 10-40 Krunas a month. In real life, in the US, typical taxes are 10%-40% every 3 months. Also, it's not the Government's fault you don't earn money.
Trent:
It would take MONTHS for the Government to take all of the player's bought Krunas, in most cases.

To start, 1% of the average payers balance would be a lot closer to 20 - 150 Krunas, which is a lot better than the original, unreasonable idea, of 200 - 1,500 Krunas every other week. Next, taxes in the US are more closer to 20% of the total income! Not there total balance. Finally, as Koal said, the government is doing a lot better than you think when it comes to money.

_Epoch

Citizen
Donator
10% is like a punishment for a player who has a bank above k5000. In my case I have k70000 I would be paying k14000 a month. Which is extraordinarily harsh. I would agree with 2% a quarter. So in my case that's k5600.

If someone has k6500 they would be at 520.

Anyone more than 2% and more frequent than a quarter is harsh on a player.

Even 1% a month is harsh for some.