Lawyer
Superpacman04
Superpacman04
Lawyer
Superpacman04
For Parliament March 2022

Platform
Transparency, Accountability, Productivity

The primary function of the legislature is to create, amend, and remove laws, but an equally important power of the legislature is to serve as a check against corruption in other branches of the government. As a Member of Parliament my chief goal will be to enact legislation which adequately combats obstruction and corruption in the executive and judicial branches. Policies like the implementation of regular Question Times, the creation of a government Auditor, and the careful oversight of executive action will accomplish just that.

Productivity is a major aspect of governance. Despite steps in the right direction, Parliament is not the well oiled machine that it should be. If elected, I will push for the adoption of standing orders of Parliament which will better outline the legislative process, create permanent standing committees, and secure a strong and independent parliament so that the people of Stratham have strong representation. If elected, I will not allow Parliament to become subject to the will of the Prime Minister's every item on their laundry list. An independent legislature is vital to a strong democracy, and so I will work for just that.

I think we can all recognize that transparency has taken a nose dive, and as your MP I will work hard to ensure that the Executive Branch is adequately informing the public of their actions. Accountability has been questionable lately especially given that Parliament has been tightly held under the thumb of the Executive Branch. Not to mention productivity, which has plummeted as MP after MP resigns and leaves more and more work unfinished. As an MP I will work as hard as I can to combat these problems.

Ministers, Communication, Scrutiny

From my perspective, Members of Parliament have worked in complete ignorance of the needs and wants of the different Ministers. I believes that this has been a major contributor to the lack of communication and transparency. To fix this, we must meet with Ministers constantly to hear what policies and initiatives they support to help them better lead their departments. As your MP, I will work to foster strong relations with every Minister so that I can help them do a better job for the people of Stratham.

Communication is key to a strong democracy. Parliament needs to be better at communicating with the public. As an MP, I will advocate for regular press briefings and statements that will alert members of the public to the ongoing efforts of Parliament. With members of the public better informed, they can have an easier time advocating for their own interests. I've always advocated for more professionalism within our government, and communication is one of the easiest ways in which we can drastically improve the professionalism of our government.

It sometimes feels that the Prime Minister's nominees for Ministerial positions are rubber stamped by Parliament. As your MP, I will not allow any nominee to pass without first being adequately scrutinized. This will ensure that only the best of the best are getting positions of power in our government. This is not to say that I would block all appointments that I don't like, instead it is only meant to scrutinize the experience and capability of prospective Ministers. We must ensure a high caliber when it comes to our leaders in the executive branch.

Independent, Involved, Listener

As your MP, I pledge to be independently minded. I will not conform entirely to the beliefs of any one party, and throughout my time in public service anywhere I have exemplified this. Being able to find common ground and bring everyone together is vital as our Republic becomes increasingly more divided. Let us do our best to cure the evils of division now, rather than when we are already too far gone.

I also pledge to be involved in the activities of our government. Many of our Members of Parliament seemed removed from their service. Disinterested in voting, writing legislation, and participating in general. We can't let that stand, and I will make it my mission to be an example of an active and involved legislature. No doubt, I will have my faults, but I truly believe that if we aspire to do our best we can accomplish anything.

One of the best characteristics of a good leader is to be a good listener. Our current government seems to have a penchant for the opposite. They'd rather speak than listen, and some would rather GIF than listen. MPs and other elected officials are elected to listen and to represent their constituents. If they can't get over their own hubris to just listen, then they have disqualified themselves from their own job. As your MP, I will strive to be a listener. I will strive to give every constituent a voice because I will not have been elected to go espouse my own views, but the views of the people of Stratham.

Stratham, we have a bright future ahead of us. I hope you'll consider supporting me for Parliament in this election!

P__2_-removebg-preview.png

MegaMinerM

Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Economy
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
MegaMinerM
MegaMinerM
Justice