Department of Economy
SirHotPockets
SirHotPockets
EconomySecretary
- Minecraft Username: SirHotPockets
- Playtime: 2d 4h 33 13s
- /bcseen Playtime: 2d 3h 34m 2s
- Discord Username: SirHotPockets
- Describe your experience with Stratham's economy and business sectors.
I started off as a farmer and started a business named SirPlus (a play on the word "surplus") where I sell renewable agriculture products.
- What new ideas can you bring to the department?
I have a particular interest in labor economics (see more information below), so I would love to focus on helping businesses promote jobs and helping citizens match with the employer that interests them. I am not sure what constraints we might have technologically, but I think it would be great to have an in-game job board or a career agency. I also want to make it easier for people to start businesses and increase the diversity of businesses on the server (competition is good for everyone in the long run!).
- Why do you want to work for the DoE?
I have always had an interest in Economics. I graduated with a BA in Economics in Spring 2021. I am currently pursuing a Master of Public Administration with a focus on economic policy. I have an article on labor economics (specifically on public policy shaping the effectiveness of labor union organizing) currently under review for publication in an academic journal. I applied to this position specifically because I think this is a fun simulation where I can practice my econ skills in a risk-free setting. I especially appreciate that this is a government position because such a role requires a careful balance of economic efficiency as well as economic fairness and equity.
- Additional Information:
Despite the username, I have not had a hot pocket in several years. Too much sodium.

Ancastal

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Donator
Ancastal
Ancastal
Analyst

Accepted

Congratulations, SirHotPockets! Your application for Economy Secretary has been accepted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.