DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
- Username: DerpGaming20_YT
- Suggestion Title: Removal of Emerald Block Selling in the Governmet Shop
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be removed, how will it improve the server, etc.): I think that it is laughable that there is the option to sell Emerald Blocks in the Government Shop, especially in stacks of 64. Other ores are somewhat easy to find, even diamonds. I am suggesting the removal of the Emerald block because of the rarity of the Emerald while mining, this being a rare ore because it can only be found in one biome, and it is hard to find in that biome. If there is a blocked variant of a rare ore it should be diamond blocks, as they are rare, however they are more common than emeralds, and are found in veins of up to 10, so it is much more reasonable than emerald blocks, which I forgot to state above, are usually in veins of just one ore, rarely 2.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Nope
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: The fact that they are available to sell in block form, in stacks of 64 blocks, is extremely useless as it is very rare to find emeralds in mining.

You know what the shop is used for and you know it's not useless to people who emerald trade. Stop trying to play it off like nobody uses it to get back at people who emerald trade. You also know that certain people are capable of getting way more emeralds than diamonds which is why a bill was passed to create the shop. Rename your suggestion to "Nerf emerald trading in any way possible" and be more forthcoming when you try to get something nerfed as this is the same reason nothing was done to fix it in the first place.

For every patch of diamonds I could mine that is about 10 stacks of emeralds roughly depending on luck, so yes the shop buys more which doesn't result in any benefits other than saving 1 minute of time.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
You know what the shop is used for and you know it's not useless to people who emerald trade. Stop trying to play it off like nobody uses it to get back at people who emerald trade. You also know that certain people are capable of getting way more emeralds than diamonds which is why a bill was passed to create the shop. Rename your suggestion to "Nerf emerald trading in any way possible" and be more forthcoming when you try to get something nerfed as this is the same reason nothing was done to fix it in the first place.

For every patch of diamonds I could mine that is about 10 stacks of emeralds roughly depending on luck, so yes the shop buys more which doesn't result in any benefits other than saving 1 minute of time.
whaaat? me wanting to see Emerald trading nerfed? Noooo! Outrageous Claims you are stating...

Btw, I notice that for someone whos said yourself that emerald trading should be nerfed, you sure are quite defensive of making it easy to take part in

Anyway, there was no bill which passed to allow this, it was simply an Emerald Trader taking control of the Government branch which runs the economy. One reason I personally feel he was booted from the position for is that his acts were heavily supporting the Emerald trade industry while not taking any action on the real issues under the DoCE's jurisdiction. Origionally the Government shop was NOT for Emerald traders believe it or not, it was for people who gathered resources to make a living, not inflate the servers economy massively by doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling the value of crops. From what ive seen emerald trading only causes harm to the server by this inflation and the toxicity ive seen it tends to give people who partake in it. It is an issue that if the people with the power to fix it wont, then I will do what I can to try to fix it and make the server a better place for the other industries on the server as well as the player base in general.

Last edited:

Sherlock001

Citizen
There needs to be some way to ease into it in my opinion though. I know that should it just get removed all of a sudden alot of players will just be put out of job and might leave. Aswell itl make it even harder for new players without a talent like building or something to get into the server.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
There needs to be some way to ease into it in my opinion though. I know that should it just get removed all of a sudden alot of players will just be put out of job and might leave. Aswell itl make it even harder for new players without a talent like building or something to get into the server.
This thread isn’t about emerald trading, it’s about replacing the ability to sell bulk emeralds with bulk diamonds, a much more doable feat for miners.

Anyway, your wrong when you say they will hard time. Back before emerald trading, when people did more than just farm and walk up to a villager for they’re money, people did fine. The economy was good, no inflation, plots took a good amt of time and work for new players to get. But now with companies such as yours enable new players to get over 20,000krunas in just 3days, which I find personally insulting. All Emerald trading causes is harm in the long run, at this point the damage that has been done is fixable, with work. But if it goes further the damage to the server as a whole will be unfixable, by allowing it to keep going, the people with the ability to take care of this issue are indirectly causing harm to the way Business Craft is played.

Sherlock001

Citizen
Personaly I would say Emerald trading should be nerfed so the money goes down, but having a industry where people without talents of any sort can work up a balance. Seems great, also it has made it alot easier for new players to get foot hold in the game. Yes the amount is high now so a nerf would be an idea, but removing it nah. Its creating actual companies compared to how the server was when I first joined. Yeh some players had alot of money but wherent that many playing and alot of the new players never bothered to stick around cuz companies couldnt afford to hire them at the time. The way farming is now, it creates a ton of sub companies. Builders have been paid alot more now and are even more wanted than before, hell even brewers get paid alot now. People now have the money to buy stf from other economies like invest in fancy builds, hire brewers and so on. If u look away from the few that hoards the money for themselves I suggest u check up on the last 2 weeks new players that have joined and been hired for farming. What do they think? Everyone are making more money now from it since those doing it directly can hire companies to farm for them. Since now not only the CEO's get rich people are buying more stf from other players aswell.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Personaly I would say Emerald trading should be nerfed so the money goes down, but having a industry where people without talents of any sort can work up a balance. Seems great, also it has made it alot easier for new players to get foot hold in the game. Yes the amount is high now so a nerf would be an idea, but removing it nah. Its creating actual companies compared to how the server was when I first joined. Yeh some players had alot of money but wherent that many playing and alot of the new players never bothered to stick around cuz companies couldnt afford to hire them at the time. The way farming is now, it creates a ton of sub companies. Builders have been paid alot more now and are even more wanted than before, hell even brewers get paid alot now. People now have the money to buy stf from other economies like invest in fancy builds, hire brewers and so on. If u look away from the few that hoards the money for themselves I suggest u check up on the last 2 weeks new players that have joined and been hired for farming. What do they think? Everyone are making more money now from it since those doing it directly can hire companies to farm for them. Since now not only the CEO's get rich people are buying more stf from other players aswell.
So what your saying is it creates jobs and ruins the economy by allowing players to take the easy way to the top.

There are many other jobs that players with “no talent” can take up, such as mining or forestry, things that require only a tool and a couple other easy to get materials. I can’t build, and my red stone is nothing to envy, but I made it by mining, buying property, and renting out that property. I have never in my life traded anything with a villager, and there are a lot of other people who have made a lot of money by means other Than Emerald Trading.

This server is not supposed to be about new players finding instant success, it is about creating and running a business, which yes, Emerald Trading is a business that creates jobs (which seems to be the only defense emerald traders use for its existence) however the people who take part in those jobs put in relatively little effort for something that others put in a lot of hard work for, such as your employee who has only been here for 4 days and has 20,000kr+. It is aweful for the economy, and does need to be removed or at least nerfed to where emeralds are sold at the same value of the crops in the highest crop-emerald villager trade.

Honestly, the fact that that people can make tens of thousands of krunas in just a couple days after joining the server insults me as someone who played before emerald trading, and acctually put in a week or so worth of time just to get my first 4000kr plot. I don’t get why it’s hard for emerald traders and companies endorsed by them to look past the big paycheck to see all the harm it is doing to the server and it’s economy.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Well idk Ive made alot of money without trading with a villager aswell :p and I still think its fine xD
You’ve made a lot of money by working as an MCorp Subsidiary. You and your employees literally take an axe and cut pumpkins and MCorp then pays you huge amounts of krunas. Where’s the effort in that? It’s not a hard earned kruna, it’s about as easy as it gets tbh. Only thing easier is just free money.

You're misinformed on almost every aspect of emerald trading along with the majority of people on this server which is why I disagree with both sides of the community who want it nerfed and those who do not want it nerfed. First off I do not want emerald trading nerfed as the economy is already inflated and you can never fix this by removing one feature when there are many others coming in 1.13 and a few in 1.12. I also agree it's not good for the type of economy this server was aiming for but this is Minecraft and you can't simply remove all features that produce insane amounts of Krunas without removing all of the admin shops. You have gold farms/iron farms/villager trading/semi auto farms and so many other methods that can and will be used if emerald trading is nerfed or removed.

Now we agree something needs to be done to fix the inflation but there are different ways of accomplishing this without screwing up something many people enjoy and rely off of for a year straight.

I will break down the three things that cause inflation on this server.
1. Jobs are not paying enough because 5 cabinet members want this server to become a survival business hybrid server
2. Emerald traders can make 10k-100k per day and how much of this has been hidden with /withdraw from the past year of it happening?
3. Plot prices are too cheap due to emerald trading but people have already purchased 70% of the plots in the city

You can nerf/completely remove emerald trading and people will come up with better methods of making money (1.13 adds so many features for making more money than emerald trading) or you can balance the other jobs to have better paying features depending on how hard someone works and increase plot prices so when people make more money they can't come up with the money in a day (plenty of new players can do this by working for matty/Friedpotaters/Sherlock001/and multiple other players resulting in plots not playing a big enough role in the economy.

The second option of increasing job earnings/plot prices fixes the issue of inflation/future money making methods/and makes everyone who is truly business orientated happy. The first option like it or not will do nothing but make the economy worse due to people hiding MASSIVE amounts of money and it will completely ruin the chances of ever making it to /baltop until new methods that don't require 10 workers like the gold farm I built on the server that generates about 500-1000 krunas per hour and a lot of XP.

What will it be? Ruin the economy by removing/nerfing emerald trading and I will still be able to make that amount with other methods or actually dedicate time into fixing the issue to make it work for everyone?

Attachments

• Bulk Emerald Bill.png
    Bulk Emerald Bill.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 7
You’ve made a lot of money by working as an MCorp Subsidiary. You and your employees literally take an axe and cut pumpkins and MCorp then pays you huge amounts of krunas. Where’s the effort in that? It’s not a hard earned kruna, it’s about as easy as it gets tbh. Only thing easier is just free money.
You don't understand the amount of dedication he has put into creating the farm and managing workers. If it were so easy then why don't more people do it? Because it's not about the money, it's about managing workers and a business for fun. Not everyone can do this as Matty is limited on the amount he can buy and villager breeding isn't as simple as you think it is so not everyone wants to spend countless days spending over 50k breeding for the 4% chance of getting a farmer that doesn't even have the best trades resulting in you having to breed more.

I spend a month straight building a single farm that cost me upwards of 50000 krunas just on workers and you still say "thats not effort". Sherlock001 has spent a week straight building his farm and hiring countless new players unlike anyone else does but "thats not effort". Me and Sherlock001 are the only players that have a system setup to hire massive amounts of workers. Not even Matty707 wants to spend the time building and managing a massive farm and hire 10-20+ workers because it's too much work for a single person. Emerald trading might be high paying but you obviously don't see how much work is put into it as you think two people can make millions.

Last edited:

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
You're misinformed on almost every aspect of emerald trading along with the majority of people on this server which is why I disagree with both sides of the community who want it nerfed and those who do not want it nerfed. First off I do not want emerald trading nerfed as the economy is already inflated and you can never fix this by removing one feature when there are many others coming in 1.13 and a few in 1.12. I also agree it's not good for the type of economy this server was aiming for but this is Minecraft and you can't simply remove all features that produce insane amounts of Krunas without removing all of the admin shops. You have gold farms/iron farms/villager trading/semi auto farms and so many other methods that can and will be used if emerald trading is nerfed or removed.

Now we agree something needs to be done to fix the inflation but there are different ways of accomplishing this without screwing up something many people enjoy and rely off of for a year straight.

I will break down the three things that cause inflation on this server.
1. Jobs are not paying enough because 5 cabinet members want this server to become a survival business hybrid server
2. Emerald traders can make 10k-100k per day and how much of this has been hidden with /withdraw from the past year of it happening?
3. Plot prices are too cheap due to emerald trading but people have already purchased 70% of the plots in the city

You can nerf/completely remove emerald trading and people will come up with better methods of making money (1.13 adds so many features for making more money than emerald trading) or you can balance the other jobs to have better paying features depending on how hard someone works and increase plot prices so when people make more money they can't come up with the money in a day (plenty of new players can do this by working for matty/Friedpotaters/Sherlock001/and multiple other players resulting in plots not playing a big enough role in the economy.

The second option of increasing job earnings/plot prices fixes the issue of inflation/future money making methods/and makes everyone who is truly business orientated happy. The first option like it or not will do nothing but make the economy worse due to people hiding MASSIVE amounts of money and it will completely ruin the chances of ever making it to /baltop until new methods that don't require 10 workers like the gold farm I built on the server that generates about 500-1000 krunas per hour and a lot of XP.

What will it be? Ruin the economy by removing/nerfing emerald trading and I will still be able to make that amount with other methods or actually dedicate time into fixing the issue to make it work for everyone?
Mhm, so, if emerald trading is nerfed to where it makes the same as other industries then in a few months the economy will make major improvement in stablizing. If your so worried about the inflation, then why would you do more things to cause it (which honestly, I don’t give a fuck about how much money you’ll be supposedly making, so stop usin it to pointlessly flex)? Instead of being a part of the problem, why don’t you work to fix it if you have an issue with it.
Additionally, I am not misinformed on how emerald trading. You get ahold of a farmer with decent trades and you then either create a farm, or set up a shop for players to sell crops to you, it’s a very basic system, I really don’t get why emerald traders make it seem complex.
Now onto your excuse to state some of your ideas again. Jobs are fine in their current state, you seem to be the only one with a real issue about it but you are not manning up to do something about it directly. As far as plot prices, they’re fine as is in my opinion, if the cabinet ever decides to fix the issue of emerald trading, then as I said the economy should start to make noticable progress towards stability in about three months after it is heavily nerfed.

And just for the record, that bulk selling bill was for stacks of 8 emeralds/diamonds, not 64 stacks of them, learn to examine further my dude.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Soooo Incase y’all can’t notice, I’d like to remind everyone that this is a mining related suggestion and has nothing to do with emerald trading, as it’s not even mentioned in my original suggestion so if we could all please stop talking about it here, that would be great. I would be glad to answer anything pertaining to the post though :)

Soooo Incase y’all can’t notice, I’d like to remind everyone that this is a mining related suggestion and has nothing to do with emerald trading, as it’s not even mentioned in my original suggestion so if we could all please stop talking about it here, that would be great. I would be glad to answer anything pertaining to the post though :)
The suggestion is aimed towards nerfing emerald trading by increasing the time spent selling massive amounts of emeralds. I also know you're talking about the 64 blocks and I disproved your entire point of why they should be removed as we can in fact get massive amounts of emeralds but you already knew that. I'm just stating the obvious so people understand you're trying to manipulate them by creating a suggestion that doesn't show the full picture.

Last edited:

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
The suggestion is aimed towards nerfing emerald trading by increasing the time spent selling massive amounts of emeralds. I also know you're talking about the 64 blocks and I disproved your entire point of why they should be removed as we can in fact get massive amounts of emeralds but you already knew that. I'm just stating the obvious so people understand you're trying to manipulate them by creating a suggestion that doesn't show the full picture.
As I’ve said a couple times before, it is about mining, and trying to switch the blocks for the rarest ore in Minecraft for one that still may be rare, but is still more available while mining. Learn to read or don’t reply. If anyone else has any questions on the suggestion itself, feel free to ask! :)

As I’ve said a couple times before, it is about mining, and trying to switch the blocks for the rarest ore in Minecraft for one that still may be rare, but is still more available while mining. Learn to read or don’t reply. If anyone else has any questions on the suggestion itself, feel free to ask! :)
It's not about mining and emeralds are not rare at all due to the fact that you can obtain them by trading with villagers.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
It's not about mining and emeralds are not rare at all due to the fact that you can obtain them by trading with villagers.
You know what fried, I ain’t replying to your shit cause your to ignorant to read. This is a suggestion to support miners by allowing the bulk sale of diamond blocks instead of the way less findable emeralds. The ability to sell ores in the gov shop is for miners after all. That’s the last time I’m saying it or replying to your pointless comments on this thread.

You know what fried, I ain’t replying to your shit cause your to ignorant to read. This is a suggestion to support miners by allowing the bulk sale of diamond blocks instead of the way less findable emeralds. The ability to sell ores in the gov shop is for miners after all. That’s the last time I’m saying it or replying to your pointless comments on this thread.
You can obtain more emeralds than diamonds and nobody can claim what the use of a shop is for since emerald trading is a known mechanic in Minecraft. You're entire suggestion is "Removal of Emerald Block Selling in the Governmet Shop" and has nothing to do with mining as most emeralds are obtained by villager trading which you know. You are trying to manipulate people to get emerald trading nerfed in any way possible by pretending people don't use the shop by using the term "mining" when in fact the 64 block of emerald shop is used more than any ore shop in the mall. Sorry my opinion on your suggestion goes into detail on why it's a bad idea and you want to continuously reply to me expecting for me to support your suggestion. This will never work so you claim I don't read but I can see the full picture on your view and I will spread the truth on why you create suggestions like this.

Sherlock001

Citizen
Thank u Fried, and Fried is correct nobody should say that earning money on emerald trading or the farming business is easy. If so they havent tried it and dont know what they are talking about. As Fried said running big companys and building them up is hard and takes ALOT of time. The mechanic of it is simple as you said Derp. But the details around building a business is way more complex. You have always around 10 workers atleast to manage, and pay attention to and provide for. And the farming business is the ONLY business at the time constantly offering employment to new players. Wich also is not an easy thing. Fried has already exsplained it so I wont do it again. But Fried is right on what hes saying right now. And he is also correct in saying that this is not a mining thing and when saying emerald isnt rarer then diamonds. Diamonds is way harder to get than emeralds because of villager trading. It is a well known minecraft feature that has existed for ages and everyone knows that you can trade with a villager. So saying that diamonds are rarer is just plain wrong. Also as for ur this is a mining post thing, it is not, the title says removal of emerald block and nothing about miners or the mining economy. Emeralds are alot easier to get because of villagers and u should already know this Derp.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Thank u Fried, and Fried is correct nobody should say that earning money on emerald trading or the farming business is easy. If so they havent tried it and dont know what they are talking about. As Fried said running big companys and building them up is hard and takes ALOT of time. The mechanic of it is simple as you said Derp. But the details around building a business is way more complex. You have always around 10 workers atleast to manage, and pay attention to and provide for. And the farming business is the ONLY business at the time constantly offering employment to new players. Wich also is not an easy thing. Fried has already exsplained it so I wont do it again. But Fried is right on what hes saying right now. And he is also correct in saying that this is not a mining thing and when saying emerald isnt rarer then diamonds. Diamonds is way harder to get than emeralds because of villager trading. It is a well known minecraft feature that has existed for ages and everyone knows that you can trade with a villager. So saying that diamonds are rarer is just plain wrong. Also as for ur this is a mining post thing, it is not, the title says removal of emerald block and nothing about miners or the mining economy. Emeralds are alot easier to get because of villagers and u should already know this Derp.
I created this to support the mining industry. The Entrepenuer shop before the Gov. Shop was geered towards miners and farmers, and as the Gov. Shop is a combination of both the Entrepenuer shop and the Designer shop, im on the thinking that the sales are still geered towards miners and farmers. The fact that you think im attacking emerald trading just because it involves emeralds is stupid, ignorant, and slightly self-centered of you guys to say the least, as no where in the original suggestion do I even mention emerald trading. Im just trying to get diamonds to take that position because of the shop which I believe is geered towards miners, who rarely find emeralds while mining. So again, lets keep this towards the actual meaning of the suggestion, removing the block of the rarest naturally occurring ore and replace it with the diamond blocks, a more common ore.
Thank you