stinkycow

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
stinkycow
stinkycow
Lawyer

Denied

Sorry, your application for News Source has been denied. You're welcome to reapply for this position in 30 days.

Feedback

Cabinet has decided to not allow satirical news in #news

Decidous

Citizen
Donator
sat·ire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
It is understandable why people would not want to have an entertainment-based news source in a channel dedicated towards actual server topics, but I would like to make it clear that Real Newzzzzzzzz is not satire. From the beginning (see Real Newzzzzzzzz 2 in the museum), I have expressed a desire not to be seen as satirical news, explicitly stating that the newspaper never intended to harm or ridicule anyone as its true goal is only to provide interesting reading content for ordinary citizens. In fact, Real Newzzzzzzzz is probably the least political newspaper on BC, meaning it has a low propensity to be satirical and include political attacks simply because there are no biases from the news source to begin with.

I've been trying to make Real Newzzzzzzzz less "fictional" (by the way the definition of what is fictional in a video game is flimsy at best--you are a fictional character, a blocky version of yourself that doesn't actually exist in real life, and the elections and other events that go on in this server don't have an impact on real life at all because it isn't real--so why does my news source have to be treated differently, if the content is as fictional as the life in BC?) and more server-related, but writing about politics isn't exactly my specialty...