Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Title: Jail evasion punishment
Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation
Elaboration & Reasoning: A lot of times when a staff member jails a player, they tend to log off and thus evade the punishment. We've been banning those players in most occasionally for up to 24 hours for evading jail time but it's time to make it official. I am proposing that players who evade jail time get banned for 6 hours per minute of jail time evaded (i.e if punished for PvP they have to spend 5 minutes in jail -> logging off will get them banned for 30 hours).

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
No thank you. I believe this ideas is nothing by bad. Most times, players get jailed for an hour. If someone jail evades jail for an hour, they would get banned for 15 days. I believe that is unreasonable. I believe that it should go down to 3 hours, or even 2.8 hours of ban time per minute evading jail time to make this a little more reasonable. One hour evading would be a week, and 5 minutes would be about half of a day. Finally I apologize for the short answer and if there is any bad grammar, I am firefighting this on my phone and I am rushing because I have stuff to do.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
No thank you. I believe this ideas is nothing by bad. Most times, players get jailed for an hour. If someone jail evades jail for an hour, they would get banned for 15 days. I believe that is unreasonable. I believe that it should go down to 3 hours, or even 2.8 hours of ban time per minute evading jail time to make this a little more reasonable. One hour evading would be a week, and 5 minutes would be about half of a day. Finally I apologize for the short answer and if there is any bad grammar, I am firefighting this on my phone and I am rushing because I have stuff to do.
What? No one gets jailed for an hour?

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
If a player logs off while on the server, they should be stuck there when they log on and have to get staff to unjail them whenever they're on

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
If a player logs off while on the server, they should be stuck there when they log on and have to get staff to unjail them whenever they're on
That sounds like a better idea to me. That way, staff members don't have to worry about them getting unbanned and coming on, causing more trouble, and no staff is online. The staff would have to let them out of jail, so they could make sure they stay in line for a bit.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
That sounds like a better idea to me. That way, staff members don't have to worry about them getting unbanned and coming on, causing more trouble, and no staff is online. The staff would have to let them out of jail, so they could make sure they stay in line for a bit.
The player could still come online without any staff online. They can still talk from the jail cell therefore they could cause trouble. Banning them would be the safest option here, and definitely something they'll remember next time.

Anyway, the poll was added.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I still stand by my word that this will not be good. The example of 5 minutes is a minimum time of jail. It sounds a lot more harsh when you think of 15 minutes jail time, and the 1 hour time. As I said before, if someone evades jail for hacking, they get banned for over two weeks. If someone evades jail for "minor griefing", that's about 4 days of jail time. I strongly believe this is unreasonable, and should be lowered to a time like 4 hours per minute envaded.